Unique Hidding Places Or Containers

I am starting to run out of unique ways of hiding a container at its final location.

Not really interested in any links to cache pages, just looking for a unique way to hid a container. I am also looking for any suggestions on a unique container.

Here are some hiding ideas that I ran across:

Attach magnet to the bottom of the container and then sticking it to something made of metal.

Hiding it in an impossible to find location, but use glow in the dark paint to point it out. Paint is not visible during daytime.

Here are some unique containers: I have also been thinking of some ideas that require big containers, something bigger then a 5 gallon pail.

An unused safe in a public building, with clues to what the combination is. Occasionally you see safes in public buildings that were to big to move, and I am sure that they are no longer used. One ghost town with a bank, where there use to be a business of some kind, and safe is still there.

An old building in a ghost town with a lockable door, make TB out of the keys.

An unused grain silo.

I have also been thinking of some ideas that require big containers, something bigger then a 5 gallon pail.

We did one that was a three-gallon bucket and still a three-point difficulty.

The guy taped plant fronds a few inches down from the top of the bucket that hung down to below the bucket. Then he hung the bucket at about eye level in a pomegranite (spelling) tree. It was a really neat hide.

Avoid the grain silo unless it has been a long long time since it has been used.  Grain dust is highly flamable.

It sure is - I would go as far as to say explosive if the mix is right.

What a great note for the log. He took the silo, Left this world. :blink:

The question is, did he find the cache before it blew?

An idea on my back burner: Acquire a newspaper box. Paint it professionally with the name of a bogus newspaper or freebie advertising rag. Get permission from a business owner to chain it to his building. Load it with any old newspapers and hide a cache under them. This could work well with the "Free--Take One" style box, or you could actually make money geocaching if you use the coin variety.

If you use the coin variety, you could name the cache "Spare Change." :blink::lol:

An idea on my back burner: Acquire a newspaper box. Paint it professionally with the name of a bogus newspaper or freebie advertising rag. Get permission from a business owner to chain it to his building. Load it with any old newspapers and hide a cache under them. This could work well with the "Free--Take One" style box, or you could actually make money geocaching if you use the coin variety.

If you use the coin variety, you could name the cache "Spare Change." :blink::lol:

Hey Septic,

I have been considering the news box for awhile. I wanted to place it outside our church. It's a small congregation and everyone would be aware of the cache. Make it up to look like it contains the current church bulletin. Given the location, potential cache pirates "might" think twice.

Hey Septic,

I have been considering the news box for awhile. I wanted to place it outside our church. It's a small congregation and everyone would be aware of the cache. Make it up to look like it contains the current church bulletin. Given the location, potential cache pirates "might" think twice.

Why not kill two thingies with one dofer..... ACTUALLY fill it with the current bulletin.....

One idea that I came up while working with my dad today. (He's a real estate agent)

Get a large real estate sign and put one of those mailbox type things on it that says "Take One" the cache would be inside....

The sign of course would be in an obvious location in a not so obvious place...

One idea that I came up while working with my dad today. (He's a real estate agent)

Get a large real estate sign and put one of those mailbox type things on it that says "Take One" the cache would be inside....

Put it on a bridge :lol::blink:

One idea that I came up while working with my dad today.  (He's a real estate agent)

Put it on a bridge :lol::blink:

ROTFLMAO :sad:

Now that would almost be too obvious...

But it could be plausible...

I just need to find a bridge...

Hey Septic,

I have been considering the news box for awhile.  I wanted to place it outside our church.  It's a small congregation and everyone would be aware of the cache.  Make it up to look like it contains the current church bulletin.  Given the location, potential cache pirates "might" think twice.

Why not kill two thingies with one dofer..... ACTUALLY fill it with the current bulletin.....

Good idea but it wouldn't work for us. Poor Alice would be out of her Sunday morning duties. :blink:

Okay, technically this cache does not have a unique container, because it was an ammo box -- but I think it still qualifies as unique:

The owner built a custom bird house (not the fancy kind, the kind you see placed in wildlife reserves), nailed it to tree, and placed the ammo can inside. The bird house had a small round "bird" hole in the front for authenticity, but once you opened up the access door you could see it was decoy, the hole was actually covered. No birds could ever get in. I thought it was pure genius!

Duck, Duck, Goose! By Trivans