Kommunicating With Keystone

Keystone

Hello folks,

This week's bad weather knocked Keystone Approver for a loop, as a lightning strike or other power surge fried the modem on my PC. I have been unable to access my Keystone Approver e-mail account (on Yahoo) since Tuesday morning. Attempts to fix this by switching in another modem have not been successful, so it looks like I'll remain without home internet access for a little longer.

Obviously, I am still able to access the website and the forums from here at my office. But our computer network blocks access to personal e-mail accounts like Yahoo. So, if you have sent an e-mail to me recently, I am not ignoring you, I just can't read it!

Until I get my computer problems fixed, here are some ways of contacting me:

1. Send a private message to me here in the forums.

2. Send an e-mail to contact at geocaching dot com and ask that the message be forwarded to me at my work e-mail address.

3. If you have an Ohio cache submission that was placed "on hold" by Keystone Approver, post a note on your cache page. Each day, I will check through all of the caches that I have put on hold, to look for new information. Other states in the Midwest region are unaffected.

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion.

Wow! I know we've had some really bad storms the last few days, but the last one was the worst! The horizontal rain, high winds, lightning and hail were bad enough, but now the storm's blown a wet cat into the Midwest. :huh:

I don't understand that....Kansas is further west than a lot of states listed as being in the "midwest".......oh, well.......Auntie Em? Auntie Em?!?!?

Wow!  I know we've had some really bad storms the last few days, but the last one was the worst!  The horizontal rain, high winds, lightning and hail were bad enough, but now the storm's blown a wet cat into the Midwest.  :huh:

I don't understand that....Kansas is further west than a lot of states listed as being in the "midwest".......oh, well.......Auntie Em? Auntie Em?!?!?

The midwest is actually more mideast...but that name was taken!

Update:

I'm now typing from my brand new Dell Dimension 8300 and its accompanying 17 inch flat screen monitor. A fine, fine solution to a fried modem, if I do say so myself.

Anyways, I once again have access to my reviewer e-mail account, and I'm in the process of slogging through a few hundred geo-mails. I'm pretty caught up with cache reviews, thanks mainly to assistance from other volunteers. Sorry for the slow responses and thanks for bearing with me.

If you spoke to my ex-wife (which I don't recommend), she would tell you that "up and functional" would not be good words to describe me.

As for YJTB's, did someone from NEOGeo write to the contact address and request an allocation? Then you should receive some. The first wave has already been shipped with many more mailings to follow.

If you spoke to my ex-wife (which I don't recommend), she would tell you that "up and functional" would not be good words to describe me.

Ouch, are you telling us more info than we may want to know? They offer little blue pills now to help with this.

As for YJTB's, did someone from NEOGeo write to the contact address and request an allocation? Then you should receive some. The first wave has already been shipped with many more mailings to follow.

re: Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs.

Yes, I wrote in to the address given, got the stock answer with confirmation number, and I haven't heard anything since (and I here that they are shipping to the other local groups...)

Dunno if someone else stepped up for NEOGeo before I did, I asked on our yahoo! group and noone said anything, so I submitted the info...

:Shrug: Oh well, i guess them's the breaks...