Adjusting Data Field Size On 60cx & 76cx?

Especially on the map page, I liked the small font option on my 76s. On the 76CS, it apears I am stuck with a larger font size (similar to the med. font on the 76s).

Can I adjust the size of the text somewhere on the 76C(s) or I assume the same is true on the 60C(s)? I don't see it on the setup screen either for the map page or the main setup menu?????

That is my bigist complant on the 60 is the data field size. if all the fields are on it takes up half the map. a02da96a-7582-4fc1-a2a7-4df111918463.jpge578dcc2-5ed1-4a73-8687-0ca8ce53c316.jpg

The other thing is that my old V had was navigating and non navigating fields. that was real nice when I wasent navigating some whare there wasent a blank field whare distance to next wood be.b04c203c-cc29-48db-a6a7-53129132d22e.jpg

Edited by JDan150

My GPSmap 162 has a similar menu system to the 76(S) and it allows 5 different sized fonts. However, it looks like the 76C(S) series uses the same "page" system that the GPSmap 60C(S) uses.

Even with this being said, I'd like to have a choice of fonts on my 60CS too. I don't use the data fields in the map mode because they take up too much real estate.

have you guys emailed garmin's support about this? if they get a bunch of emails (and even emails with the pictures from this thread) then they might get it done, or at least put into the queue of features for a future firmware release...

I have had my 60C setup with the Data fields turned off on the map page, so i can see more map. I would switch pages to find out how far to a Turn or Waypoint. This is the best compromise. They could have made the Display a bit taller, but would you like the buttons on the side, or a very tall GPS? I don't think so.

GPS V: 160 x 256

GPS 60: 160 x 240

I looked at both my V and 60c, and find that the fonts may have to be a little larger on the Color to be readable than on the GPS V. You also may have noticed the Roads are thicker on the Color Display than the Black and White Displays also.

Edited by GOT GPS?

Digging up an old thread.

I hope that someone for Garmin is watching this forum  :D

I bet Garmin did look at this thread here, based on the Name of the Topic on this thread Adjusting Data Field Size On 60cx & 76cx?.

They still have not solved the issues with the Roads being too thick on the Map screen, or even the Font sizes on the 60C/CS and 76C/CS.

Another problem still, is that I would like to turn off the Menu bar when on the Map screen, in order to have more map on the screen.

Edited by GOT GPS?
That is my bigist complant on the 60 is the data field size. if all the fields are on it takes up half the map. a02da96a-7582-4fc1-a2a7-4df111918463.jpge578dcc2-5ed1-4a73-8687-0ca8ce53c316.jpg

The other thing is that my old V had was navigating and non navigating fields. that was real nice when I wasent navigating some whare there wasent a blank field whare distance to next wood be.b04c203c-cc29-48db-a6a7-53129132d22e.jpg

I just keep the data fields off on the map. The Highway, Compass and Trip Computer screens have all the data fields I need.

you think the data fields on the 60c are bad, try using data fields on a legend c or vista c map screen. basicly it's the same situation but even more pronounced because of the smaller screen size. would be nice to change the size of the data fields, maybe garmin will listen.