Latitude And Longitude On Mapquest

Jessero

Hi,

I noticed that on the maps that are linked from the geocache pages they have latitude and longitude for the location of the geocaches. If I wanted to know the specific location of a place and I knew the address, would I be able to get mapquest (or any other online map service) to tell me?

Thank you!

Now I have a new question for you. The coordinates mapsonus.com gave me are -73.69589 42.78387.

Based on what my coordinates are the 42 goes for the N, and the 73 is for W, but on my gps it is N 42 (degree sign) 55.489 and W 073 (degree) 41.722. So how can I convert that? My etrex will only let me put the number after the degree sign a 0-5.

Thank you!

Now I have a new question for you.  The coordinates mapsonus.com gave me are  -73.69589  42.78387.

Based on what my coordinates are the 42 goes for the N, and the 73 is for W, but on my gps it is N 42 (degree sign) 55.489 and W 073 (degree) 41.722.  So how can I convert that?  My etrex will only let me put the number after the degree sign a 0-5.

Your gps is currently set up with a coordinate format of DD MM.mmm (degrees, decimal minutes). Mapsonus gave you the coords in decimal degrees (DD.ddddd).

You can convert the coords online HERE

Edited by Stunod
Based on what my coordinates are the 42 goes for the N, and the 73 is for W, but on my gps it is N 42 (degree sign) 55.489 and W 073 (degree) 41.722. So how can I convert that? My etrex will only let me put the number after the degree sign a 0-5.

Another way is to pull out your calculator and multiply the decimal portion by 60. (60 minutes in a degree).

.69589 x 60 = 41.753