Error Message

nonnipoppy

I tried to log a maintenance visit on one of our caches this morning. We got an error message saying there was not enough disk space.

I cannot get to the page to get the Gc number but it is called Best Western Eastbound Travel Bug Rest Stop.

Now we get the following:

An Error Has Occurred

The process cannot access the file "e:\caches\xml\87382\87382.xml" because it is being used by another process.

Edited by nonnipoppy

I tried several times too now to log a note on my cache and drop 3 travel bugs and got the same disk space full message. I tried it several times and get the error message each time, however the note is still posted on the cache page, but only 2 out of 3 of the bugs I wanted to drop are deposited...that last one just doesn't want to go in.

Guess somebody forgot to feed the hamsters last night. :lol: I got the "disk full" error while submitting a new cache. I am now on the edit page and can (as far as I can tell) edit the cache description. If I try to view the cache page, I get the error: The process cannot access the file "e:\caches\xml\140265\140265.xml" because it is being used by another process.

Edited by DavidMac

Sorry to post back-to-back, but it just happened to me again. While editing another cache, I got the same Disk Full error, and now I can't view the cache. It seems that, if a disk error occurs while writing to the file, it is left open and cannot be accessed?

Au contrair. Or however you spell that. When trying to access GCGPPP from my cache page I now get this message:

An Error Has Occured

This geocache does not exist in the system

I was finally able to write a note for this cache and leave the T/Bs.

Edited by nonnipoppy