Geocaching Trading Cards

Guest easom1

Guest Robereno

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

TRADING CARDS? Come on guys ... icon_biggrin.gif

Well, for me, I'm trying to re-live the year 1960 when I spent the summer wandering around with a cigar box full of baseball cards. Now if I could only make these new cards smell like stale bubblegum. icon_smile.gif

Guest darncuteone

Darn good idea!!! I don't have much room to talk (being that I have just started today), but I've even talked a few friends into a geocaching day trip. I hope to find a card in my first find!! Anyone can say they got a trinket from a cache, but cards have bragging rights. If you're a serious outdoorsy-type...they'll catch on big!!!

------------------

Squeak

Guest PneumaticDeath

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

.... "Collect the intire series!"...

Wow, now that's a cool idea.. A whole series of caches in old tires. tongue.gif

-- Mitch

Guest Robereno

quote:
Originally posted by PneumaticDeath:

Wow, now that's a cool idea.. A whole series of caches in old tires. tongue.gif

-- Mitch

GAAAAAA! :0

Oh well, I did get that part right on the card.

Hmmm. Old tire caches?

Guest Hawk-eye

I've started including them in my caches ... I use Word ... and the "Office in color" addin. There is a template for baseball cards that works wonderful. I created a template from it that works really nice for me ... I just print out on glossy photo stock and place in cache. I've also place a packet of "the complete Hawk series" in a few caches I've placed or find. If anyone wants to see one of them check out my latest two caches "Hawk 1-A" or "Hawk 4". The actual cards are very high resolution ... look pretty good ...

Yeah, that's all I needed to have ... one more thing to feed my Geo-addition ...

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 28 June 2001).]

Guest ClayJar

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

Hmmm. Old tire caches?

Old tires might be too valuable as cache containers. First thing you know, someone will plunder the container, and then you'll have to re-tire it. tongue.gif

Guest Robereno

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

I use Word ... and the "Office in color" addin. There is a template for baseball cards that works wonderful. I created a template from it that works really nice for me ... I just print out on glossy photo stock and place in cache. .

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 28 June 2001).]

I checked it out and it looks good. Do you put anything on the back?

Not familiar with "Office in color", do you have any links to information on that?

Thanks, rh

OK, I just found the link for Office in Color at: http://www.hallogram.com/offincolor/?source=goto .

Afraid it might be out of my price range though.

[This message has been edited by Robereno (edited 28 June 2001).]

Guest jeremy

Actually, If you wanted to put together a "How to" guide for creating geocaching trading cards, I'd be happy to add it to the site and give you credit for it. I'd personally love to create them over stamps any day.

Jeremy

Guest Hawk-eye

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Actually, If you wanted to put together a "How to" guide ...

Jeremy

Who? Me? Let me know ... be glad to help.

Robereno

No, nothing on the back ... the Office in Color I got free ... with something else ... But you can make a word template fairly easy and modify to what you want it to be ... I have a blanks set up with the graphics ... grouped together ... ungroup ... modify ... regroup then paste 6 or 8 to a sheet and print. HP970 does a really nice job on the cards ... especially when using the glossy card stock.

[This message has been edited by Hawk-eye (edited 29 June 2001).]

Guest NJcacher

I think this is an excellent idea.

I personally think if geocaching ever catches on to the "very main stream", the cards will be duplicated very easily. To make the cards TRULY unique and unduplicatable (is that a word?!?!), I'm going to leave room on the card for a brief note and/or signature. Anyone with Photoshop can duplicate the card...

Who knows? In 100 years, the card might be on the Antique Roadshow. icon_smile.gif

Just my 2 cents for today........

Guest NJcacher

I think this is an excellent idea.

I personally think if geocaching ever catches on to the "very main stream", the cards will be duplicated very easily. To make the cards TRULY unique and unduplicatable (is that a word?!?!), I'm going to leave room on the card for a brief note and/or signature. Anyone with Photoshop can duplicate the card...

Who knows? In 100 years, the card might be on the Antique Roadshow. icon_smile.gif

Just my 2 cents for today........