Celebrity Cachers?

The only one that I've read about is Wil Wheaton (from Star Trek: The Next Generation). Wil wrote about geocaching in his blog at one point.

That's where we learned about geocaching. Now it's almost 2 years later. Can't thank you enough for writing about it, Wil!

Well I'm not saying because he never responded to my e-mail so he may not want to be known.  I only suspect anyway from reading a log entry.

:grin: Which log?

Sounds like I sit around reading the National Enquirer! NOT!

I'll quit bugging you Markus. Unless you want to email me privately! :mad:

Edited by Wienerdog

And so now you have it. The celebrity geocacher is none other than The Jester.

(In Craig's dreams, but hey you take what you can get.)

BTW, if you have seen Gertrude lately all the caches would be level 1 for terrain. Isn't he the one doing the powered chair commercial? I think the best guess would be Grant Goodeve, but I would not be surprised if it were Jeff Renner.

And so now you have it. The celebrity geocacher is none other than The Jester.

(In Craig's dreams, but hey you take what you can get.)

BTW, if you have seen Gertrude lately all the caches would be level 1 for terrain. Isn't he the one doing the powered chair commercial? I think the best guess would be Grant Goodeve, but I would not be surprised if it were Jeff Renner.

Powered chair? That's special equipment. That would make it five stars. :blink:

I was thinking Sunny Coby-Cooke has been laying low lately.......hmmm? There's a new chick in the commercials after all, or maybe none other than Dave Ross?, nah, he's running for office. Hmmm? Is Grant Goodeve still considered a celeb? Is there a time limit on notoriety?

So much to think about.

:blink:

You all forgetting the big guy that shows up on David Letterman from time to time? Even got a shot of him wearing a CITO shirt. Gotta be the cacher viewed by the most people I know of.

which big guy? there are a lot of big guys on Letterman. Biff Henderson? Pat Idon'tknowhislastname who does the Oprah transcripts? who who?

Per request I withhold his name.

Rebecca Stevenson from Northwest Cable News. She's hot! B)

Yeah, but her hair always has that crumpled, just-woke-up look.

OH YEAH! That's so hot. B)

Thinking in terms of cause and effect, it is very hot, or was hot. Hence the hair. :lol:

BTW, as long as we're touching on NW weather gals, I just saw Shannon O'Donnell last week doing the morning weather down in the Bay Area on the NBC affiliate.

Reading back through this thread I see Grant Goodeve's name coming up. He did a segment on NW Backroads about 2 years ago on geocaching and that's where my first exposure with geocaching came from. If I remember right he had a DNF on the cache they were trying to find.

It *could* be, but I doubt it. Shortly after The Forecaster first started caching I had some e-mail interchanges with him. (I was FTF on a couple of his caches.)

Anyway I asked about his name. He said that it was a nickname given to him by, if I remember correctly, golfing buddies, who were amazed at how well he predicted/prepared for the round. (Or something like that.) My recollection is that he disavowed any *real* knowledge of weather forecasting.

Ok, now that this thread has been brought back to life, I am going to toss out my own guess:

I am going to guess that it's one of the local weather forecasters.

There is a cachers in the North End (Richmond Beach?) that goes by the name "The Forecaster".

Could it be Jeff Renner?

I had guessed Harry Wappler, but looks like it might be neither guys.