The Kind Of Log I Like

As a newbie I don´t have lots of photos yet but one of the most interesting caching-places here is a old industrial parc where you can climb on blast furnaces (ooh - really hope this word is correct LOL) I live in a area with a lot of so called "industrial culture" To find the cache we had to go on the top of the furnace for some hints

Geocaching37.jpg

Something that makes caching really worthwhile are things like this - a little bird tomtit taking care of her nest

Geocaching97.jpg

or this little frog who was sitting right next to a cache hideout

Geocaching142.jpg

This here supposed to be a dump about 100 years ago - now its a nice green hill

Geocaching102.jpg

with a nice view on the river rhein

Geocaching160.jpg

Sorry, hope these are not too many pictures :rolleyes::blink:

Geocaching97.jpg

Hey, great spot for a cache. Kick the stupid bird out and a decon container will fit very nicely in there

:rolleyes::lol: hey, I really thought that the cache was in there but beliebe me, this little bird starred at me like saying "don´t you dare touching my eggs - I am NOT sitting on the cache you are searching for" :blink:

These are about 35 miles from Times Square NYC as the cow flies. In fact, if you look reeeal hard, you can see the NY skyline in the center of the bottom one. For some reason it doesn't come out in pictures, though you can see it quite well in person:

d74a7181-db77-42fb-adf3-3dc6fe3e447b.jpg

2de6e4aa-9b57-44c8-9929-be9d48ddd739.jpg

03b46ce2-d7e4-4346-80af-f4031b2c5401.jpg

Edited by briansnat

fabf80cd-1f12-45be-bc4f-f26e5eb32d06.jpg

Came across Heckle and Jeckle in the Marin headlands right across from the Golden Gate bridge.

This guy caught me by surprise as I was signing the log he was about 10 feet away from me when I noticed him.. then I fumbled for my camera.. caught him but could have gotten much better if I was ready.

c960063d-da04-4ca9-a287-dd2b1165d9aa.jpg

Edited by Ttepee

Since I see a few pics of surprising urban parks, I figured I'd throw these up here. This is right in the middle of a suburban area. Driving by you would never know that this even exists. There was a cache in this area, and the only way I found out about it. The first pic was taken in the fall, when I found the cache. The second was on another trip back to the area during the winter.

autumnfalls.jpg

winterfalls.jpg

5a962849-cb45-41c1-a917-0dabe0673c85.jpg

This one was taken at one of my caches. This trail is right in the middle of super suburbia but as soon as you start walking on the trail and leave the houses behind, you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. It's cool to be able to find little pockets of solitude amongst the Super Wal-Marts and condos. :lol: