"geocaching's Funniest Log Entries"

I got quite the chuckle today . . . you've gotta' admire the honesty of the cacher who logged this DNF today on one of my recently placed, easy "Multi-Puzzle" caches:

Log Date: 5/16/2004

I thought I would be able to find this one without using any coordinates or doing the intermediate stages. Apparently I was wrong. I would have done the multi the right way, but I decided I needed to find a bathroom; so I'll come back another time.

:huh::D:lol:

Anybody else care to share your "Funniest Log Entry"??!!??

Rick

This one was posted about two weeks ago in Sweden, and I will translate it into English.

Driftade genom nybyggena och blev uttittad av några morsor med tvätt. Jag gick lite sådär sexigt så att de inte skulle fatta misstankar och ringa polisen. De log, jag gav dem den där blicken. Ingen polis väntade när jag kom tillbaka till bilen.

I was walking among the newbuilt houses when a couple of mothers with laundry were watching me. I walked a bit sexy so they shouldn't think I was a suspecting person, and that they shouldn't call the police about me. They smiled, and I gave them that special look. No policeman were waiting for me when I came back to my car.

:D

Our second cache find was pretty humorous.

Complete Log Entry

I hunted for this cache with my 3 year old and 19 month old... that was an adventure in it's self! It took a while to find the cache, the GPS was messing up and the kids were running in opposite directions.

(I can't believe I'm about to tell you the next part.)

After much searching, my barely potty trained three year old frantically announced that he had to 'go potty.' We were too far away from a restroom... so I looked for a tree he could hide behind... hey it's nature. I found an acceptable spot for the poor little guy to relieve himself... and surprise we found the cache nearby. It was his first time to 'go' outside.... it was his first cache too. He didn't seem surprised when I picked up the box... he found it completely normal that I got a note book out and started writing... he only had one request, "Mama, write that I peed on the ground!!" What an exciting day for a three year old...

excerpt from log entry...

"I left the spot soon and was on my was when I spotted a 55 gallon barrel. I drug it to the river and tried to sail it across the channel but failed and had to go by the land route. I would have succeeded if only I had rope. I made my way back At the edge of the forest I built a monument to it. The Forest Gate to Hell in honor of the trials there and the blood I lost. It is a metal drum and some wood. At the river dam I built another of my sticks and a black and white plastic bags. "

Wulf

excerpt from log entry...

"I left the spot soon and was on my was when I spotted a 55 gallon barrel. I drug it to the river and tried to sail it across the channel but failed and had to go by the land route. I would have succeeded if only I had rope. I made my way back At the edge of the forest I built a monument to it. The Forest Gate to Hell in honor of the trials there and the blood I lost. It is a metal drum and some wood. At the river dam I built another of my sticks and a black and white plastic bags. "

Wulf

Wow, now that is funny. :D

I found this container while searching for a place to sleep in the park.  Had a tough time opening the ammo box being a double amputee, but persisted because I thought there may be some food inside.  Managed to only break 2 of my 5 remaining teeth in the process.  Tried to replace the container in it's original position but the mace the Park Ranger sprayed me with is affecting my vision.  The mace isn't all bad, atleast it distracts me from the pain of the dog bites.  TFTC.  Took nothing, left teeth.
Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

Here's my favorite log entry to date.

Idaho  Sunday, March 28, 2004

BadAndy found Seargent Vector Goes Rappin (Traditional Cache)     

Now....

Listen to a story bout a cacher named Jed

A poor Idahoan that had caching in his head

Then one day he was looking for a find

It was a dadgum math quiz, nearly blew his friggin mind.

Trig that is...Long math...Talk to the hand.

Well...

The next thing ya know the cache had been replaced

Kinfolk said "Jed, find it first and end the chase"

Said "Pocatello is the place you wanna be"

So he loaded up his gps and ran off to Poky.

Tello that is...Ross park...watch for pickles.

Had a good time finding this one, had to go from 2 directions.

Here's the link

Log entry

May 5 by hazzmatt (177 found)

As Iam writing you this log as I'm laying in a hospital bed with a ventailtor helping me breath thats because when I went to look for this cache i must have lost my footing a slipped off the bridge falling some 40 feet to the rocky ground below. Luckily I landed on a bush and a soft boulder.

The Dr's here @ Riverside Community Hospital think its amazing that I'm still alive. I have 16 broken bones both lungs where crushed my spleen my kidneys were ruptured my eye socket was shatterd and my buttox was heavely bruised and I don't know whats worse, blood in your urine or urine in your blood but, I hope to get back on my feet soon to resume my geo-caching experiences oh, I did sign the log

I have to go now my nurse is here she has to empty my colostomy bag Thank you for a very clever hide keep 'em coming

This story could be true.........or not...

HazZMaTt was here...

[view this log

And this actually happened...

May 15 by Jackie and Bob (675 found)

What a trip.. This was my first stop on my caching adventure this morning. And by far this was the most exciting. Never saw the plaque. Must be on the other side from where I parked. First of all just as I was about to start my search a police car came by and the officer gave me a real good look. But he kept going. Then after a quick find (good thing I'm tall), I signed the log. As I was preparing to return the cache to its hiding spot, I hear tires screaching. I look up and there is a speeding pickup truck coming from the South who almost has a head on with someone going South. He manages to correct his direction and then speeds across the bridge. Then the door opens and he jumps out while the truck is still moving in the direction where my car is parked. Then another set of screeching tires from the direction which he came from. Its a police car (different one). I watch the truck with my heart in my throat. But luckily it slammed into a fence instead of my car. Within seconds the police have the driver in custody several hundred yards from where he jumped out of his truck. The truck is still running with its wheels spinning trying to go through the fence. Now a lady officer is nearing the truck about the same time as I am. She reaches in and turns off the ignition. The bound up chain link fence then rejects the truck which leaps back about 10 feet and almost hits me as I jump out of the way. I go get in my car and make my notes and let my heart stop pounding. Yeah this was a fun one. Oh... I think I got the cache back where it belongs. TNLN signed the log. Thanks for the fun Reel Rider, ScienceTeacher and FerretHungry.

Jackie and Bob

[view this log

This is a DNF logged on one of my own caches. :D

Well, I couldn't find it. This was one of three caches I tried to find today. So far, except for an event cache, I have never found one. My wife pointed out that I can't find the peanut butter jar in the pantry, so why did I think I would ever be able to find a cache. She's right, so I am officially retiring from Geocaching.

:huh::lol:

Well, I couldn't find it. This was one of three caches I tried to find today. So far, except for an event cache, I have never found one. My wife pointed out that I can't find the peanut butter jar in the pantry, so why did I think I would ever be able to find a cache. She's right, so I am officially retiring from Geocaching.

I gave my wife a card recently where it was a guy looking into the refrigerator with the entire thing filled with butter and telling his wife he can't find the butter!

She fell off her chair when I gave it to her. She wonders how can I find these things all over the place and I can't find stuff 6 inches in front of me. I tell her I get lousy signal reception in the house! :D

I have a cache called "interesting Keychain/ring exchange. A while back I started getting messages from finders stating that there was a card from the police department in my cache. I now have this card in my possession and it reads as follows:

"Someone thought you were hiding dope in the tree. Have fun with the game!!

and then its signed with the officer's badge number.

:D:lol:

Here is one that was posted to one of my caches

At first, it looked so easy. Athena and I found the park quickly, and although the GPS was a bit twitchy, we felt we had good reason to be looking in the area we did. Unfortunately, we came up empty, even after I had stuck my arm elbow deep in several trees. Athena noted that I'm very chivalrous for sticking my arm in dirty bug filled trees. As we were about to go, Athena inquired brightly, "What about that hole?" as she pointed to a head height opening in another tree. I gamely reached inside, only to find something warm and furry nestled inside! I yanked my arm out, having grabbed a squirrel. The squirrel and I were both pretty freaked out by this. Subsequent discoveries proved the following: 1. Humans that are frightened by small furry animals are predisposed to prod at them with sticks; Squirrels don't particularly like being poked with sticks; 2. Squirrels make a weird growling "rweRRRrr!" sound when sticks are poked in their lairs; and: 3. Squirrels will lunge toward and bite sticks waggled in their general direction. Having obviously proved our superiority as a species, and feeling kind of bad about poking a stick at a little, but hardly defenseless squirrel, we decided to leave. As we were walking back, Athena told me, "See? That's why I don't stick my arm in trees like that". No find, but that hardly matters does it?

My recent favorite (Mine. I'm so self-centered):

:D British Columbia  Saturday, March 27, 2004

travisl found Hey Ladies! (Traditional Cache)     

You are on a maze of twisty freeways, all alike. It is light out.

> GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 99

You are on a maze of twisty freeways, all alike. It is light out. There is a cache 0.15 miles away.

> TAKE THE RICHMOND FREEWAY EXIT

You are on a maze of twisty freeways, all alike. It is light out. You missed the cache. It is now 1.8 miles away.

> EXIT ON KNIGHT STREET

Exit taken.

> GO SOUTH

You are on a maze of twisty surface streets, all alike. It is light out. The cache is getting further away.

> GO WEST ON CAMBIE

You are on a maze of twisty surface streets, all alike. It is light out. The cache is getting closer.

> GO SOUTH ON SHELL

You are on a maze of twisty surface streets, all alike. It is light out. There is a park here. The cache is 0.28 miles away

> GO INTO PARK

You are in the park. Gaviidae is here. He says ''I thought all caches were less than a quarter mile away.''

> HIT GAVIIDAE

You cannot hit your passenger. He knows where you sleep.

> FOLLOW GAVIIDAE

You follow Gaviidae down the 'Pond Trail'. It is getting dark. You reach an intersection. Obvious exits are the Outer Trail and the Time Trail.

> GO TIME TRAIL

The cache is getting closer. No, it's getting further away. It is getting darker. You are at an intersection. Gaviidae has ditched you. Obvious exits are the Quaking Trail and the Bog Trail. Moun10Bike is here.

> ASK MOUN10BIKE

Moun10Bike says the ground is soft and bouncy. He is of no help in determining which way to go. He goes down the Quaking trail. It is getting darker.

> FOLLOW MOUN10BIKE

The cache is getting closer. No, it's getting further away. It is getting darker. You are at an intersection. Obvious exits are north and south. Moun10Bike is here.

> GO NORTH

There are seven geocachers here. They have a logbook. It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

> SIGN LOGBOOK

You have been eaten by a grue. He ate the other seven cachers, too. Next time bring a flashlight and a map.

"Mama, write that I peed on the ground!!"

That's funny I just wrote the same thing in a cache I did today. :D

Found cache with no problem. Nicely hidden. Great location too, the view was terrific.

Took: Carabiner

Left: Compass

Then I peed on the ground. Thanks for a great cache!

I have a cache called "interesting Keychain/ring exchange. A while back I started getting messages from finders stating that there was a card from the police department in my cache. I now have this card in my possession and it reads as follows:

"Someone thought you were hiding dope in the tree. Have fun with the game!!

and then its signed with the officer's badge number.

:lol::o

Now that's funny! :D:D

My dad and I both really liked this log by Quest Master

May 1 by Quest Master (566 found)

I love multis! Some people won't do them because they get only one smiley for five caches. These people are lame and need to be beaten severely and stuffed into the stupid roadside micros they hide. We should have known this area well enough to park in the right spot but such was not the case and we had to walk a little further than we might have. It was no matter because it was a beautiful day for a walk and we needed the exercise. We are alumni from the SVC but we try very hard to forget about that and we don't visit the alma mater often in spite of the fact that we live less than 10 miles away. I remember coming down here to the creek to get troubled water samples for freshman chem lab. We measured the ph of some and drank the rest. I believe to this day that I lost my hair from drinking the water from Saint Vincent's Iron-Sulfer Springs. The upperclassmen told us that we would have better luck with the women if we drank this orange-brown elixir and we were desperate enough to believe them because back in the day there were no women at all in this freakin place unless you rode the stupid shuttle bus all the way to Fridge Ridge (aka Seton Hill) in Greensburg which was the girls school back before coeducation had been invented and dinosaurs still roamed the earth. We would show up there to find only militant lesbos as big as the dinosaurs and twice as mean. I learned more Spanish than the French I took for credit by trying to make it with the foreign-exchange students but I didn't get anywhere with my iron-oxide stained teeth and sulfur breath. The monks in the monastery got more action than we did. I should be able to sue Saint Vincent for the four years of undergradute abuse I suffered or at least get a refund of my tuition. Am I not a total and complete blithering idiot? I don't know how Erin spotted stage one but she did and we headed out for the next stage after picking up a trail guide. We weren't sure about which route to take to the next stage but in the end it didn't really matter. Eric learned from his daughter and found it right away. We couldn't find the third stage without the hint because the hiding technique had suddenly changed. I reccomend a larger container because these things have a way of walking off somehow if they are not secured. The labels are falling off or already gone. Erin found stage four right away in the first place she looked. We weren't sure which way to go to the final cache but we chose well and got there quickly. Eric guessed at where the cache would probably be hidden and there it was. Eric took a crystal thing and left a rubiks cube. On the way out, we ran into the SVC "police" running around in their new Ford Explorer and thought it a shame that the tuition was not high enough for them to have a Hummer. I will remember this the next time they call to ask me for money which just has to happen at least once per year. Thanks for the fun multi but no thanks for the memories. Been here, done that. Johnny, Eric, and Erin

I found this container while searching for a place to sleep in the park.  Had a tough time opening the ammo box being a double amputee, but persisted because I thought there may be some food inside.  Managed to only break 2 of my 5 remaining teeth in the process.  Tried to replace the container in it's original position but the mace the Park Ranger sprayed me with is affecting my vision.  The mace isn't all bad, atleast it distracts me from the pain of the dog bites.  TFTC.  Took nothing, left teeth.

ROFL! :rolleyes::blink::lol:

This one and the growling squirrel are the best I've seen in a while!

I also have to nominate BrianSnat's "What's the Frequency" log he posted once-upon-a-time...

I was looking for a cache in NYC. It was a multi and to get the final coordinates, you had to call the cache owner on a FRS. But the owner forgot to mention which channel to use on the cache page.

So I was near the cache and really frustrated that I couldn't get in touch with the owner, when a guy who looked really familiar walked towards me. Thinking it was the cache owner (KBer), I walked up to him and asked "What's the frequency Kenneth?". He gave me an odd look, as if he didn't know what I was talking about, so I repeated it louder..."What's the frequency Kenneth?". Just then I noticed a mosquito on his face about to bite him, so I slapped it. Startled, he fell backwards. Almost simultaneously, I tripped and accidently caught him on the side of the face with my boot. He started screaming, so I figured I'd better get the hey out of there and took off and headed home to log a DNF.

:lol:

I was looking for a cache in NYC. It was a multi and to get the final coordinates, you had to call the cache owner on a FRS. But the owner forgot to mention which channel to use on the cache page.

So I was near the cache and really frustrated that I couldn't get in touch with the owner, when a guy who looked really familiar walked towards me. Thinking it was the cache owner (KBer), I walked up to him and asked "What's the frequency Kenneth?". He gave me an odd look, as if he didn't know what I was talking about, so I repeated it louder..."What's the frequency Kenneth?". Just then I noticed a mosquito on his face about to bite him, so I slapped it. Startled, he fell backwards. Almost simultaneously, I tripped and accidently caught him on the side of the face with my boot. He started screaming, so I figured I'd better get the hey out of there and took off and headed home to log a DNF.

:rolleyes::blink::lol: That is funny, thanks for the laugh.

Our multi-cache 'Dial Out SG1' has a lot of great logs...here is the very first one to log that he had finished all '8' legs...

December 28, 2003 by punchman1 (136 found)

Well it finally happened, and what an adventure it was! It took me the better part of 2 days and close to 400 miles to finish. I’ve been eyeing this cache for quite some time now, and this trip I was able to make it happen.

12/27/03: Today I started out with the intentions of only doing the first leg of this cache. In the description it states that there is a map of the approximate locations of the other 7 legs of the cache. The drive up to it wasn’t bad. A few tight spots here and there but nothing too serious.

Now I had the map and I decided to go for the 2nd leg. Not too bad of a hike. The rock tower was pretty neat.

With the 3rd leg so close I chose to get this one out of the way also. The drive was a little hairy in spots, especially with the snow. When I finally made it to the top and hiked to the cache my fingers were frozen and it was a little difficult to write but I managed.

12/28/03: I knew I wanted to finish the cache today. I left the house at about 1100 hrs. The drive out to the 4th leg was awesome. It was neat how they carved the road right out of the mountain side. The smell at the cache site left quite the impression. It was an interesting site.

The drive to the 5th leg was neat. This was by far the most difficult to find. I spent probably 30 minutes within 10 feet of the cache just looking for it. Man what a pain in my butt.

The view from the 6th leg was breathtaking. It really reminds you of how small you really are.

I made it to the 7th leg just after the sun set. The temperature was dropping fast. And lucky me this one had the longest hike. When I finally got the coordinates for the 8th leg I just wanted to cry (not really but I did laugh manically out loud). It was dark and knew that I still had about an hour drive to get there. I knew, however, that today was my last day at this cache.

Finally the 8th and last leg of this monstrous cache. This one was in the dark all the way, and by the way not a good night cache. Let me tell you your mind starts to play some nasty tricks on you when you’re by yourself in the middle of nowhere and you see predator tracks silhouetted in the snow by the moon light. At one point I heard something bound away from me (a rabbit I’m sure). At first I thought rabbit, then deer, no wait maybe a coyote, what about a wolf, maybe a mountain lion etc., etc. by the time I was finished it was a two headed were-wolf being followed by a vampire and the guy from the Texas chainsaw massacre, and I wasn’t even at the cache yet!

When I made it to the cache the view, from what I could see in the dark, was spectacular. After a quick log I made it back to my vehicle unscathed and headed for home.

I took all the first finder prizes of course and a pack of Iraqi cards, alien, Susan B Anthony dollar and a mummy. I left a knife, rope-coil, eye-glasses repair kit and cachunut # 153. The cachunut is in the last cache so knock yourself out. If you pick this up please log it at www.cachunuts.com.

What a neat couple of days. This has been one of my most favorite caches. Not just because of the difficulty of it but of the unique cache sites. Thank you for helping to visit these great sites, I would have never seen them otherwise.

Unquote.

He sure made our day by just adding a few little embellishments!

~Shirley~

:lol: British Columbia  Saturday, March 27, 2004

> GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 99

You are on a maze of twisty freeways, all alike. It is light out. There is a cache 0.15 miles away.

I am old enough to really, really appreciate this (laughed so hard my husband came in to check on me).

So old that when I first played this game, it was over a 300 baud modem. With acoustic couplers. Now THAT's funny. No, maybe it's not.

:lol: British Columbia  Saturday, March 27, 2004

> GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 99

I am old enough to really, really appreciate this (laughed so hard my husband came in to check on me).

So old that when I first played this game, it was over a 300 baud modem. With acoustic couplers. Now THAT's funny. No, maybe it's not.

I hated that game. I still hate that game. I'll bet they have a version you can play on your PDA now. I'll hate that version too.

One of mine after finding my friend's cache. :lol:

Ah! Let this be a lesson to not always follow your GPS! I parked in the right place and headed for the open space. I ended up walking on a paved walkway until my GPS pointed straight to the left of me and said I was .13 away.

Now I had to make a decision...go back and try to find a path or do a little bushwhacking. Dummy me decided on bushwhacking! There I was walking through waist high grass, brambles, prairie dog holes, cacti and spiders. I trudged on...cursing Indygo's hiding spot (and cursing myself for not looking for a proper trail). I trudged on and on and finally a reached a trail!

As I stood on the trail, wondering why I am such a moron sometimes, I hear thundering hooves getting closer. I look behind me and see 2 people on HUGE horses running my way! Yikes! I jumped off the trail just in time to see them pass by. As I stood there catching my breath, they yelled back, "Sorry!". Well 'sorry' doesn't make my blood pressure go back down Mister!

I kept on walking and looked around for about 2 minutes. Then....SUCCESS! I found it! No cache of Indygo's is going to stymie me! I signed the log, took a rabbit's foot and I left some mardi gras beads and a small beanbag turtle!

I trudged back up the trail towards my car. I was covered in brambles and dead grass but I found that cache! Yes, I found it! ;)

So Indygo, when are you going to find the rest of Team Yatta's caches? :D :D :D

Well, this was exciting! I heard distant gunfire as I approached ground-zero, but as I knew that the Royal Marines practiced here on the common I knew they were blanks being fired. I was about 30 yards away from the cache and all merry hell broke loose!!!!!!!

There was gunfire *ack* *ack* *ack* from just in front of me (at the cache site) and being returned from across the valley. I heard a voice cry out in the distance "move, F***ING MOVE!!!".....

I don't think he was talking to me, but I moved anyway, right back to the carpark. I will come again at a weekend when the Royal Marines have a lay-in!

You gotta laugh... what a cache, and I didn't even get to it!

I got a big chuckle out of reading the December 28, 2003 log by Oregone:

Scroll down to December 28, 2003 and read Oregone's log.

And there's always Oregon's "sopy/rinsy boy" classic.

Here's one from the now archived Beaverton cache in NJ. Besides the gunfire, nothing sensational? It's one really odd place and has some of the best logs because of it:

...While signing the cache log, we heard the distinct and recognizable crackle of .22 caliber, CB cap, rifle fire originating from a home about 200 yards away. We instinctively sought cover and prepared to return fire. We shouted directives towards the source of the fire and subsequently observed a youth, approximately 14 years old, retreat across the rear deck and into a nearby house. He was probably just “plinking” targets in his backyard and didn’t realize that we were there, but do heed the instructions in the cache description to “stay alert.”

I did review the Weird-NJ article about the street we parked on but failed to find any discernable “weirdness.” The area does have an “appalachia” ambiance but, except for the gun fire, we didn’t experience anything sensational.

And here's one of mine, though it wasn't funny at the time. It was a DNF:

March 20, 2003 by briansnat (218 found)

OK this one was a series of mistakes. First, I attempted it in the pouring rain on the way home from work, wearing a light jacket and my good khakis (mistake #1). I parked at the Amboy Cinema lot (Mistake #2, I could have parked much closer) and leaving my car, I noticed a pair of boots in the back. I decided to stick with the flat bottomed loafers I had worn to work (Mistake #3). I crossed a water filled ditch with a jump and climbed to the top of the berm and saw a sea of phragmites in front of me. I was about to turn around but didn't (mistake #4). Checking my watch, I noted that I had about a half hour before sunset but figured I could make it the quarter mile to the cache and back before it got dark (mistake #5).

I followed the berm as Marty suggested and turned off when the needle said it was .13 miles to my left. I paid no attention to the rain and the fact that I was getting soaked, because the cache was pretty close. I pushed my way through several thick stands of phragmites, but the relatively bare areas between them encouraged me to continue (mistake #6). My GPS was taking me to a spot that looked very promising, so I forged onward. I had picked out an obvious spot from 100 yards away and headed straight there, only to find that I was still 160 feet from the cache (ATMGPS). I forced my way through yet another thick stand of phragmites and arrived at ground zero. I didn't find a tree, but there was a multi trunked sapling in an area that looked a bit like a crop circle.

By this time sunset was minutes away. I decided to continue searching (mistake #7), but came up empty. Since it was getting dark I thought it would be a good time to head back.

Instead of retracing my route, I hopped on a 4 wheeler trail that seemed to go in the direction of my car (mistake #8). The trail dead ended in, what else, another thick stand of phragmites. I heard Route 35 in the distance and decided to head straight to the road (mistake #9). I was getting close and had to climb a muddy and slick berm to get to my destination. Halfway up, I slipped and impaled my hand on a stick, or something. I continued to the top and noticed blood gushing from my hand (Yuk).

Reaching the top, I saw my car about 100 yards away...yeee haa! But wait, there was a body of water and a very thick stand of phragmites between me and my car. I checked the water and it was at least knee deep and I was certain the mud below was even deeper, so I tried to find a way around. At this point, the phragmites were so thick, I could hardly move. With each step forward, I'd slide two steps back because of the mud and my dogone shoes. By this time, I was literally soaked to the skin and it was dark. I reached the top of the berm and although the phragmites were thick, at least it wasn't too muddy, so I stuck with it and headed towards Route 35.

Climbing down from the berm, I glanced down at my pants and noticed my left leg was red with blood (ya mix blood with a little water and it always looks a lot worse than it is). Now I had to walk along the highway, literally covered with blood and mud, hoping nobody would notice me and call the cops (Hello officer, there is a man walking along the highway, covered in mud with blood pouring from his hand). I got back to the car and found it was now sitting in a pool of water about 5 inches deep (mistake #...heck, I've lost count).

I searched the back for something to stem the bleeding and found a box of tissues that I accidently left in the car after a recent shopping trip (a good mistake, so I won't count it as one).

After the application of direct pressure had its desired effect, I was able to get in the car and head home. Luckily, my wife was out with a friend, because she would have really freaked when I walked in the door. Thanks Marty for an interesting evening! Now how am I gonna get those pants clean?

Edited by briansnat

A favorite log from one of my hides:

:lol: January 13, 2002 by SteveSouthwood (32 found)

Here was my first opportunity to get to a geocache first. I knew it would be hard and I knew it would be mucky.

I headed straight here from 'The Teddy Roosevelt'. Well, when I say straight, I mean I followed the compass heading whenever I could.

It was wet, boggy, smelly and the whole journey was restricted by fallen trees of all sizes.

It was pointless going round anything as there was only more of the same.

So I marched through the water, the trees and climbed over more than round.

When I got to the final area my GPS sent me all over the place. This was arduous as moving 10 feet in any direction required either brute effort, balance or bloodymindedness.

I found the cache on either the second or third visit to that particular possible hiding place. I must have been searching for about 1/2 hour at that point and all the possible hiding places wear beginning to look the same so I could not be sure how many times I'd been there.

Even when you're in the right place it's hard to find.

I tried to conjure the image of 'Mopar' casually strolling through this area and thinking that this would be a good place to hide a cache. This was impossible as anyone who finds themselves here will *know* that this cache was hidn't by someone with a twisted and sadistic mind.

I was so glad I marked both my parking place and where I crossed the river.

Thanks for a great cache hunt - this was the best ever !!!!!

Steve

I got a big chuckle out of reading the December 28, 2003 log by Oregone:

Scroll down to December 28, 2003 and read Oregone's log.

To really get how funny this is you've got to read his three logs from Dec. 25th:

Ghost College Virtual (Part 1)

Ghost College Virtual (Part 2)

LarsThorwald's Vertigo! (Part 1)

LarsThorwald's Vertigo! (Part 2)

God College Micro (Part 1)

God College Micro (Part 2)

My wife and kids want to go to the Jersey Shore on Sunday (if it's not raining) so I ran a PQ of the area. In looking at the logs of one cache, I can't imagine it's true. Here's 2 of the logs from Horse farms and water view too:

--------------------------------------

The last person to find the cache before 8 DNFs. Went back to see if it was where he last placed it:

icon_smile.gif May 10 by hiking (41 found)

After seeing 8 no finds, even the owner couldn't find it, and since I was the last to find it, I decided to find it again to verify, if it's still there. It's right were I found it and left it. You could try these numbers, they had me at 6 ft. but a 17 ft. accurace.(4018292-07407883)I think it should be left the way it is, if you need additional hints e-mail me.

The cache owner:

icon_note.gif April 19 by wordyed (16 found)

My own ineptitude or somebody hid it better than I did? It eluded me despite a prolonged search. Red-faced because it's my own cache. Note comment of TeamgeowalkerNJ re. golf ball and see my photo. When you find cache, please (a) make some reference to golf ball (e.g. cache is just 5 feet east of that tree or whatever) and (:ph34r: leave cache a little more obvious, say neatly laid sticks on top or whatever. Thanks.

The cache owner can't find his own cache?! Wonder what is going on here???

I just read a log from a local that has to be the funniest I've ever seen:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

:ph34r:

:):):)

I read these logs and the logs of the others in the party. It sounds like quite the experience, but since all the logs are contradictory, it can't all be true. I wonder what the true story is for this groups unfortunate caching experience. I was laughing the whole time, hoping that it was just exaggerated. I'm suprised they all made it out alive by the way they made it sound.

McWeb :)

"Mama, write that I peed on the ground!!"

That's funny I just wrote the same thing in a cache I did today. :)

Found cache with no problem. Nicely hidden. Great location too, the view was terrific.

Took: Carabiner

Left: Compass

Then I peed on the ground. Thanks for a great cache!

:ph34r:

TN-SL-POG

:)

Here is a post I came across a new local mulit cache...I thought it was pertty darn funny.

May 19 by SuzyJazz (27 found)

OK OK it was MY foot prints that were there. LOL!

Yes, I was there again this morning... I had about 20 minutes to kill before taking some 3rd graders on a field trip so I tried it again. DUDE... I came up muddy and frusterated agggggaaaaain! DOH, at least I know it's there.

I had to laugh at myself, because when I got in the truck I saw how bad I looked... I had to make a quick stop at Walmart to buy some new pants to change into. (not enough time to run home) YEP, I was the one cruising down 83 like a mad woman, whippin' off mud pants and puttin on clean ones. Driving and changing- hey now, THAT'S a talent. Hahhaha! The nice truck driver next to me appreciated it too.... OPPS!  I still don't know why he was honking and waving. Muuuuuhahhaha! Anyway... This one is starting to get under my skin... and into my wallet- loooool. I WILL get it!!! Second is my thing with games' caches this week.. so hopefully tomorrow. (I am taking extra clothes next time - LOL)

Spotted ths entry in a new local cache this AM. It belongs here. :huh:

Had a fun time with this one. I went to the park after work today and started after the cache. After rounding a corner I saw a couple making out on a nearby bench. They saw me and acted VERY suspicous. I just ignored them and walked past into the woods, but they certainly could not ignore me!

After just a minute or so the man yelled out to me - "We see you...What are you looking at?!?". They seemed convinced that I was taking pictures. I walked away for a while and observed from a distance. The two kissed furtively, then snuck away in different directions. I then found the cache and went home. I have to think that two people are very worried right now and are being especialy nice to their spouses...

Thanks for this hide!