Garmin 60c. Firmware Version 3.30

I just upgraded the firmware on my Garmin 60c from 3.20 to 3.30 and it seems like I am getting fewer satellites, and running less frequently in 3D. My accuracy is +- 47 feet. I guess my question is has anyone else upgraded to version 3.30 and noticed anything similar or was I just getting poor reception today which was coincidental with the upgrade? Thanks... :lol:

Mine is alright also. I had it reading 7ft. the other day on a hike. I have an external antenna on my pack. I was up high in a clearing .

Unless it's on a boat that doesn't pitch and roll and is one of the highest antennas with no shading on it it won't read consistently low acccurate numbers. Just the slightest tilt or roll or trees will degrade the signal. Wass is a sat and will affect of course the reading. With only one wass sat for us in NorthEast, and it's only 45 deg. up from horizon it gets lost alot while hiking and climbing up the trail.

If you leave it running for about 3/4 of an hour with clear view it should read in low numbers for you. It takes time to build data. The waas signal takes the longest. But it will use the corrections for longer also.

Try this:

Backup all your User Data thats in your GPS, on the computer, then reset the GPS, then leave outside in a stationary position for 30 minutes. You should get your accuracy back, by doing this.

EDIT: Corrected accuracy of spelling

Edited by GOT GPS?

I have a new 60c that I upgraded to 3.30 BEFORE I used it for the first time. On my first cache, I started GOTO about 3 miles from the cache. When I got to about 150' from the cache, I couldn't get any close to the cache no matter what direction I walked. I then stopped navigation and re-initiated GOTO and it took me to within 15' of the target. My eTrex never got confused like that. Hmmm...I'll try some more caches and see what happens.

Backup all your User Data thats in your GPS, on the computer, then reset the GPS

I can backup Tracks, Waypoints, Maps etc, but is there any way to backup my settings (as I change a few of them from default, and its a hassle to switch them back...)

Also, to reset I hold down ENTR and PAGE while turning it on -- is there another way or a better way?