People As Caches?

Our scouts have played a game like manhunt with a gps.

Each patrol get a gps and frs radio and a leader heads off into the forest with a frs radio and gps as well. The leader will then radio his location to the scouts and give them 3 min before he moves to a new location. The leader keeps repeating the process until the scouts find him or the game time is up.

Baston

Each patrol get a gps and frs radio and a leader heads off into the forest with a frs radio and gps as well. The leader will then radio his location to the scouts and give them 3 min before he moves to a new location. The leader keeps repeating the process until the scouts find him or the game time is up.

Baston

Baston

When we were doing our Emergency Preparedness MB, one of our leaders went and hid in the woods, so there could be a grid search. He was supposed to come out at 16:00, but didn't. We had to get a park ranger to find him as it was getting dark, and they had ATV's.

Skydiver has a Human Geocache event he runs every year. I suspect it's been discussed in the forums. Maybe not...I just did a search, But check his profile for archived event caches and you might glean some information.

That's a little different. Skydiver's Human Geocache is just an event cache with a set of multicaches leading to the location. Not the same the fox hunts...

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo like the TB symbol and adding TB numbers under it -- I'd become a human TB!

The fox hunt I did was an experiment and like all good experiments I learned more when it failed than I would have had it succeeded.

To wit: micros in the woods are not compatible with speed.

We will have an event in Sweden in July, that will be a fox hunt.

The fox will a cacher (that also runs maraton!) that will be hunted by cachers on bikes/inlines or running.

After the hunt will be have a BBQ. No, not with the captured fox :blink:

It is in a big public park (where cars are not allowed to access), and they have a really huge zoo there. So it is perfect: bring your family - if they don't want to go hunting, let them go to the FREE zoo meanwhile.

My "Hooker Locationless Cache" wasn't approved. What's a guy got to do to get a cache approved?

f4e0dc57-a0df-4968-9bf9-e2b953cf20b0.jpg

LMAO!! The Vegas cachers would really "RACK" up the numbers on that one!!

I am thinking about turning MYSELF into a TB by making a TB tag into a wrist bracelet, and having other cachers "find" me at the cache events I attend...

I've just recently made myself into a travel bug. So far my milage is 10,047 miles. I'm going to fly back home to Atlanta from Baltimore tomorrow so when I find a cache this weekend I'll have travelled another 500 miles.

I'm going to Vail Colorado in August on business, then to Italy in November on a honeymoon, and in January I'll be in Hawaii on business. Hopefully I'll find caches in all these places and have another 10,000 miles after all those trips. Woo-HOO!

Mushtang's Geocaching History

Baston

Thanks for a great idea.

I'll consider this for a camp event this summer, but since getting a buncha GPSrs is not plausible, I'll do it by having "it" go hide somewhere and describe what he or she sees around them. (I will probably be "it" and I'll start with VERY vague things and work up to more specifics)

Only requires 1 frs radio per team. Not a very expensive proposition.