60c Feature Request

OK, I just got the Topo maps for Canada. Since i have the Metroguide loaded as well, I have just found out what a PITA it is to switch between the 2 maps. Why can't Garmin make it easier to switch between the 2? Just have an option to switch between the loaded maps, instead of having to turn each individual map off?

It does have that feature - when you have the same screen to turn on or off the individual maps, press menu.

That will bring up a box that allows you to turn on maps as a set. You will see all the relevant maps are checked or unchecked for you.

Well shut my mouth! I had no idea this feature was there! Thanks very much for pointing this out!!!!

It does have that feature - when you have the same screen to turn on or off the individual maps, press menu.

That will bring up a box that allows you to turn on maps as a set.  You will see all the relevant maps are checked or unchecked for you.

Do you mean that I can have both Mapsource City Select and Mapsource Roads & Recreation maps loaded at the same time and switch between them???

That will bring up a box that allows you to turn on maps as a set.  You will see all the relevant maps are checked or unchecked for you.

Do you mean that I can have both Mapsource City Select and Mapsource Roads & Recreation maps loaded at the same time and switch between them???

:) Yes, and Mapsource Topo as well.

Absolutely! I switch to Topo when leaving the car (City Select) and am going into the woods. Two clicks does it.

WOW! I didn't know. It always erases my last map set when I load the new one. What am I doing wrong???????

:) You have to select which map set you want to use on your GPS not from your computer. Go to your map screen press menu scroll over the the 'I' or info icon and then press menu again and then make your selection. You can only use one or the other not both or all at the same time. :D

Well, Duh... What I was doing wrong is that I didn't know I could load the maps from the different programs all at once. I would load City Select when I would be driving, then load Roads & Recreation when I would be hiking, etc.. I've got it working now. THANK YOU! :)

There is a recent find page. Just press the Find button and "Recent Find" is one of the options. You can add it as a display page. That's what I did and all I have t o do to get to "Recent Find" is press the Page button.

Now a feature I'd like to have is the ability to set the distance I skew off-course before it auto-recalculates the route.

There is a recent find page. Just press the Find button and "Recent Find" is one of the options. You can add it as a display page. That's what I did and all I have to do to get to "Recent Find" is press the Page button.

Sorry to take this further off-topic from the "recent searches" request, but as for recent finds -- if jonavin didn't know, pushing the "find" button twice jumps to that page, too. Easier than traveling through the menus.

Getting back on topic.

Can anyone explain how the 60cs decides which map set to display with multiple map sets loaded when they are all turned on at once? For example when I have City Select, R&R and Topo all loaded at the same time. I was thinking that I would only get the City Select maps displayed unless I turned off City Select. But now I am not sure because when I was out this weekend, the GPS (with all three maps sets active) was showing a dirt road that only shows up in R&R when I view the map sets in Mapsource.

RM

Only one of any number of stored maps can be used at any one time. From the map press menu, enter setup map, press menu, then select which map you wish to use...ie, Show North American City Select, or Show US Topo. press enter and you are set to use that map selection.

Just remember when loading/downloading to alot the required space for each area/type you want to install.

Only one of any number of stored maps can be used at any one time. From the map press menu, enter setup map, press menu, then select which map you wish to use...ie, Show North American City Select, or Show US Topo. press enter and you are set to use that map selection.

Just remember when loading/downloading to alot the required space for each area/type you want to install.

Thanks for the reply Quoddy, but that did not quite answer the question that I was asking. My question related to when multiple maps are loaded into the GPS and the "Show All" choice is selected in the map menu, instead of just selecting one of the maps as you describe.

I was wondering which map would show up as the default map or if detail from multiple maps can be displayed at the same time. I did a little testing and answered my own question. First, as I thought, the map detail for only one map can be displayed at a time for a given area (You can display different maps for different areas). For the maps that I loaded into my GPS, they take precedence in the following order:

1. City Select

2. Roads and Rec

3. US Topo

If all three maps are loaded and “Show All” is selected, only the City Select maps will be displayed, taking precedence over R&R and Topo. If the City Select maps are turned off, the R&R maps will be displayed taking precedence over Topo. Only if both the City Select maps and the R&R maps are turned off will the Topo maps be displayed (This can of course be accomplished easily by using the “Show US Topo” option on the Map Menu).

Rocket Man