What Does Your Family Think About Caching?

GeoFD

My wife is :lol: ok with my :lol: Geocaching. Sometimes, :sad: she'll want to come along, but :( I'll usually make the find.

Seriously though. There was a time when she got mad at me for caching, because I wasn't at home. After seeing what a typical shift is like for me at work, she doesnt' give me a hard time about it, and is even excited about caching. She's excited about my getting a FTF, and enjoys reading logs from my cache hides, cache finds, and has come up with her own ideas for a few caches, which were implemented by me (she doesn't have a GPSr...yet). Lately, after getting the Jeep, she has been the one to suggest we go out for a few finds when the kids are somewhere else. She's also now the one rooting for the suspension lift and 32s to go 4-wheeling out in the hills when we move to Montana, and to take caching road trips together. The kids love it too, and get very excited when they have the opportunity to go with us, if all schedules work together.

Now, she's come to a point, where she is very willing and even pushing to attend event caches, to meet all the other weird people I hang out with, and that do the same dorky things I do. :lol: She's helped me organize event caches, and is really backing me to help Geocaching explode in Billings, where there is a fledgling group just starting out that is doing fairly well. Just last week, she tells me she has a surprise from the store, which she promptly dumped into my hand. Micro containers. It's come to a point where she now goes to Walmart or wherever and sees things as cache containers, rather than food storage devices.

So caching is well rooted in my family now, and while on vacation last year I got an uncle-in-law started, and he in turn started one of HIS friends. I think the two of them fizzled a bit, but since I'm moving up there in about a month, I see them starting up on weekend visits to visit family in Sheridan, especially since I now have my OWN 4x4. ;)

My Dad/uncle think it's pretty cool, my cousin in LA digs it, and my in-laws up north are mixed. My m-i-l just doesn't fully understand the enjoyment factor, while my f-i-l was the one to come up with the two cache placement locations while visiting last year. Talk to people at work, on the other hand, tell me to get a life. They would be here to answer up for themselves, but the pot was calling.

Edited by Brian - Team A.I.