Solving Puzzles

So who besides me likes to solve the puzzles on cache pages, even if you're probably never going to go to the cache? And can you recommend any you especially liked (don't post hints, please, just cache pages)?

I have half a dozen puzzles solved for caches in Jackson, MI, a city about 100 miles from me (Doc Ott and Don&Betty are the big puzzle hiders there). I'll go find them all if I ever get out there, but in the meantime, I've had lots of fun just figuring out the puzzles. Turns out I'm a lot better at calculus than I would have guessed.

Why don't I just find a puzzle website, you may ask? I guess because I'm always on this site anyway. One stop browsing.

Edited by Dinoprophet

I did that once. I was dead convinced that I solved a puzzle cache. One day, I took the LONG drive to find it, only to find out that my solution was wrong.

The moral of the story, don't ever assume that youve figured out a puzzle cache until youve actually found it.

So who besides me likes to solve the puzzles on cache pages, even if you're probably never going to go to the cache? And can you recommend any you especially liked (don't post hints, please, just cache pages)?

I have half a dozen puzzles solved for caches in Jackson, MI, a city about 100 miles from me (Doc Ott and Don&Betty are the big puzzle hiders there). I'll go find them all if I ever get out there, but in the meantime, I've had lots of fun just figuring out the puzzles. Turns out I'm a lot better at calculus than I would have guessed.

Why don't I just find a puzzle website, you may ask? I guess because I'm always on this site anyway. One stop browsing.

The only other geocacher in my town is a puzzle cache fan, so I had to solve her entire Sweet 16 series (Start here and then search for nearby caches) because they populated most of my 'nearest' page.

Sometimes I solve puzzles in my general area that I might get to log at some point, but often I never get to do them. I give them more attention when they're nearer to home.

This puzzle cache is 30 miles from where I live, and hasn't been found yet in the two months that it's around. I've given it quite some thought when it just appeared, but have given up on it. I expect that in about a month from now it will be in my 'nearest 20', and as it will be staring me in the face every day, I'll probably give it some more attention again.

I had great fun working on Cryptonomicon by -=(GEO)=-, but it's 75 miles away and I haven't been able to search for the cache yet. I'm hoping to next week. I had so much fun working on it that I've setup a Pocket Query to identify more. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to search for them, some are labeled as 'Unknown (Mystery) Cache' but just as many are marked as 'Traditional Cache'. I'm using GSAK to sort through 1300 caches so far. Most don't seem to be placed in nude friendly places, but it's hard to tell until one actually gets there. :lol:

Nudecacher

caches we have done that involve some sort of real puzzle would include:

GCHQVV

GCHJGE

GCHHXT

GCD7AA

GCHHPA

GCD7AE

GCC8E0

GCHC7H

GCHB6V <-- absolute hardest yet

GCEA37

GCGM9Q

GCGQN5

GCGFYH

GCHJ0A

GCHNFR <-- solved, but have not gone to..

I am sure there are more, but I cannot think of them right now..

We have also hidden two:

GCJD7A

GCHF70