Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeoBlank

Call Me Fickle

Okay, so I did a post asking about the value of my HT and that I was thinking about selling it butn now I have another question.

I have not been on the air for a long time, I live in woodinville, WA. Anyone have a list of good frequencies to hang out on and for different repeaters? After reading the threads a bit maybe I will power up again.

Also what about packet freqs and connection info?

Thanks

Packet has pretty much been surpassed by the internet except for APRS operations. Of course, your area may be different. But I doubt that.

Check with local hams for the latest data on repeaters in your area.

Packet has pretty much been surpassed by the internet except for APRS operations. Of course, your area may be different. But I doubt that.

Check with local hams for the latest data on repeaters in your area.

What do you think of PSK?

Okay, so I did a post asking about the value of my HT and that I was thinking about selling it butn now I have another question.

I have not been on the air for a long time, I live in woodinville, WA. Anyone have a list of good frequencies to hang out on and for different repeaters? After reading the threads a bit maybe I will power up again.

Also what about packet freqs and connection info?

Thanks

Click here for some VHF/UHF repeaters from the ArtSci web site; your area lists 53.010, 147.340, and 441.100 mHz for FM repeaters, all with standard "splits". Other than that, I am not sure which packet systems are up and running in your area.

I used to do the packet (quacket) thing several years ago, but sold the stuff because I never had the time for it.

Jerry

What do you think of PSK?

Anything Peter Martinez (G3PLX) does is usually pretty good.

I was in the early developement of AMTOR (Another G3PLX system) during my second tour of Europe. We had a solid AMTOR link the entire weekend from Friedicshoffen Germany to Plymouth england on 40m, with about 10 watts. I was with DL9BBK, and I think the other end was with G3KFN, Alan of Plymouth. Alan used to come over here as a consultant to NASA. He did something with the Shuttle booster and tank recovery.

I was big into the digital modes before the internet.

PSK-31 is good, but I wouldn't try to download a cache page with it. :)

So if I am happy with 2 Meter and 70 cm for now, PSK wouldn't be enough to make one start saving pennies for a 10 meter radio?

Here's a few for you to try. I live a few miles north of you in the Bothell, Mill Creek area.

The best coverage repeater in Snohomish County is the Pilchuck repeater. 146.92, PL 123.0 and is home to Snohomish County RACES (Tuesday nights at 8:00) and Snohomish County ARES (Sunday nights at 8:30) as well as others. This repeater has good coverage from Vancouver, BC to Centrailia.

The Snohomish County Hams have a linked repeater which you may or may not be able to reach with an HT. It is 147.18 PL 103.5. This one has an autopatch on it as well which I think is restricted to members only. However, you can always dial 911 on it.

Also, program in and give a listen to the following for King County and Seattle. I don't know exactly what they are as I stick pretty much to Snohomish County (mostly on 440), but this is how I have them programmed into my radio.

145.33 PL 179.9 -- The Evergreen Intertie (when the link is up, covers four states) and has a swap net on Saturday or Sunday mornings at 9:00 am.

147.10 PL 103.5 -- I believe this one is in Issaquah

147.06 PL 110.9 -- I think this is the Ba Fa Repeater which has great coverage from Snoqualmie Pass on into town. You may be able to hit those.

There are others --- Try checking out websites for the Boeing Bears, the Mike and Key Club and the Microsoft Microhams. I know the first two have repeaters.

You will find APRS on 144.39

And packet is alive and well in Puget Sound on the national packet frequency which I can't remember what it is right now. Maybe someone else knows.

That should get you started. You can find more once you get on the air.

I'll keep an ear out for ya.

spiderteam mom--- AA7AG

That should get you started.