Milestones

It seems like only yesterday when I hit 2000 posts. Now there are many people in the MM club. Today, with this post, I tie Renegade Knight for the all-time #2 poster spot:

The Current Top Ten
briansnat      14-September 01 7,430       
Renegade Knight  16-January 02 6,782       
Team GPSaxophone   21-April 02 6,782       
Sparky-Watts     7-November 03 4,646       
Criminal           7-August 01 3,233       
Markwell            9-March 01 3,154       
Mopar          27-September 01 2,999       
uperdooper       13-October 03 2,869       
umc            11-September 02 2,830       
Stunod            28-August 02 2,813 

On top of that, I'll be hosting my first event in a couple of weeks. I've found over 250 caches (if you count the virtuals) :D

I've been holding off finding the newest caches around town until school's out and I can take my kids caching. I should hit 300 by the end of the summer.

What are your goals?

Is this where we roast the Sax Man?

"He always wants to be the center of attention. When he goes to a funeral, he's sorry he isn't the corpse."

"He gets carried away with his own self-importance. The trouble is, he doesn't get carried far enough away."

"He's a legend in his own mirror."

My goals are simple...to learn more about the sport and get out there to find some more caches. I've only got 10 so far (if you count the one event I've been to), and that was without owning my own GPS. We were actually tagging along with an out-of-town visitor and got hooked.

Well, I finally found a good deal and bought a Legend from another cacher, and it arrived earlier this week. I've been teaching myself how to use it (and will teach my husband as well), and maybe this weekend we can take it out and break it in. Then on Monday I leave for a week visiting family in Florida. I've already told my parents about the sport (since they will be my transportation for the duration of my visit!) and they're quite anxious to help and learn. I can't wait, either, because there are so many great-looking caches waiting to be found at home.

On a more personal level, I'm due to have my first baby the first week of August. That's been a pretty big goal in my life for awhile now! Can't wait, either....

Paula :D

Hi,

I'd like to find 20 caches by the end of the school year (6/24/04), and 100 caches by the time school starts back up again in the fall. I have no goals as regards forum posts, dont quite see why anyone would. :D

nfa

The Leprechauns' immediate goal is to reach a total of 730 caches found by either June 7 (the 2nd anniversary of our first find) or June 15 (2nd anniversary of our first day hunting caches 2, 3 and 4 with a GPS). This will put us on a pace of one cache found per day, every day, for two years. We need 82 finds between now and then. Yikes! I won't be crushed if we don't make it. Last Saturday we had more fun finding 3 caches on our bikes along a rails to trails route than we would have had finding 15 park and grabs. If Little Lep wants to do bike caches again this weekend, then that's what we'll do.

Another goal for sometime in the future is to see just how many of those park and grabs can be parked at and grabbed in one day. 15 may not be all that interesting, but string together 50 or 100 or more and it could become a challenge.

None of our goals involve our number of forum posts.

My goal is to post nonstop gibberish until I reach the same post count as the Smurf ... I figure it'll take me 53 and half years. Unless of course the Smurf stops posting then I should reach the milestone in just over 10 years. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Oh, I like Carleenp's goals ... be happy and have fun. :D

My goal is for RK, Team GPSax, or someone else to pass me so I no longer have the infamous title of Mr. Forum. I was hoping Sparkly Watts would pass me soon, but he's slowed considerably of late.

Beyond that, my goals are in line with Carleen's. Have fun. I also wouldn't mind reaching the 100 caches owned level.

Edited by briansnat

I've had my goals listed on my profile page over time. I did the 100 caches the first year, 200 the second and 300 the third as I had hoped. I'm not planning on hitting 400 this year specifically, but it would be cool to do that. I would really like to hit a cache in every state eventually and I am over halfway there so far.

:D

Rather than shamelessly upping my post count by Webfooting though here, I'll answer all of the charges in one post:

What are your goals?

To get my find count closer to my post count!

I'm planning on doing the same once I retire. I'm trying to get my post count equal to the number of caches out there, then find 'em all! :)

I'd like to find 20 caches by the end of the school year (6/24/04), and 100 caches by the time school starts back up again in the fall.  I have no goals as regards forum posts, dont quite see why anyone would. :D

I don't really have a goal to hit a certain number of posts, don't take me so literally. Geez...

My goals are to be happy and have fun.  :D 

Oh and to find more pikachu travel bugs. Sax Man, I'm bringing a sax playing pikachu TB to your event. Great timing for me to come across that right now!

That would be excellent!

None of our goals involve our number of forum posts.

There you guys go again...

My goal is to post nonstop gibberish until I reach the same post count as the Smurf ...  I figure it'll take me 53 and half years.  Unless of course the Smurf stops posting then I should reach the milestone in just over 10 years. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)  Oh, I like Carleenp's goals ... be happy and have fun. :D

Sorry, the math doesn't add up. Care to take another shot at it?

My goal is for RK, Team GPSax, or someone else to pass me so I no longer have the infamous title of Mr. Forum.

Finally, someone here wants me to up my post count :)

I've had my goals listed on my profile page over time.  I did the 100 caches the first year, 200 the second and 300 the third as I had hoped.  I'm not planning on hitting 400 this year specifically, but it would be cool to do that.  I would really like to hit a cache in every state eventually and I am over halfway there so far.

I'm ahead of schedule (261 caches after 25 months of playing) so I should be able to hit 300 by the end of my 3rd year. :D

My goal is to post nonstop gibberish until I reach the same post count as the Smurf ...  I figure it'll take me 53 and half years.  Unless of course the Smurf stops posting then I should reach the milestone in just over 10 years. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)  Oh, I like Carleenp's goals ... be happy and have fun. :D

You are right, I did some recalculations ... heres the scenerio.

First, let's use round numbers and all calculations are based on todays 'number of posts per day'. Okay, if you were to quit posting today, then I would catch up to you in 14.75 years. Let's just say 15 years.

Scenerio number two, lets say you live to be 80 years old. Hypothetically, I'm using your age as of today to be 40 (again nice round numbers). At 80 years of age you'll have roughly 142,342 posts. Using the same criteria, at 80 years of age I'll have roughly 19,680 posts. Now, let's assume your number gets called when your 80 yrs old (sorry to slap you with your own mortality) I would have to live to be 345 yrs old in order to catch up to you. hehehe :D

The mostly likely scenerio ... I never catch up to your post count. :D

edit - spelling

Edited by clearpath

You are right, I did some recalculations ... heres the scenerio.

First, let's use round numbers and all calculations are based on todays 'number of posts per day'. Okay, if you were to quite posting today, then I would catch up to you in 14.75 years. Let's just say 15 years.

Scenerio number two, lets say you live to be 80 years old. Hypothetically, I'm using your age as of today to be 40 (again nice round numbers). At 80 years of age you'll have roughly 142,342 posts. Using the same criteria, at 80 years of age I'll have roughly 19,680 posts. Now, let's assume your number gets called when your 80 yrs old (sorry to slap you with your own mortality) I would have to live to be 345 yrs old in order to catch up to you. hehehe :D

The mostly likely scenerio ... I never catch up to your post count. :D

edit - spelling

Well, I don't have time to check the math right now, but my average posts per day is only 9.

Just hit 100 finds the other day and hope to get at least another 50 before year is up. Also wanting to place at least another half dozen or so caches. Now to find those Cool spots for them. Wish there were more in the places we go Jeepin', hmmmm maybe I need to start placing more in those areas! :D

Just hit 100 finds the other day and hope to get at least another 50 before year is up. Also wanting to place at least another half dozen or so caches. Now to find those Cool spots for them. Wish there were more in the places we go Jeepin', hmmmm maybe I need to start placing more in those areas! :D

Edit: accidently posted a reply. oops :D

Edited by Cache Viking

Since I just got my real job back yesterday (which is a blast--I wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun most of the time), my goal is to be able to go caching at least once a month, provided there aren't any new caches in my immediate area.

Also, I would like the inspiration to do a few more good hides. I've had a cache ready to go for weeks now, but no place to hide it. I won't just stick it anywhere. It's got to be good. Or at least better than my first nine efforts (plus one adoption). OK, I'm being too hard on myself. Not ALL of them were lame.

We would like to hit 30 soon. That's our goal, as silly as that sounds. So many local caches, so little time. When Little League and Spring Soccer is over, it would be so nice to quickly progress to 50! We have 29 finds since 1/1/04, and one dnf. That's 29 times this family has spent time together, so 30, or 50, or 100 is just further proof that this family will find time to improve our numbers and enjoy time outdoors.

What are your goals?

Well, short term, my goal is to find my 200th traditional cache, and have that cache be my 300th overall find, hopefully before the end of the month.

Longer term, I'd like to find caches in each of the "Northeast" and "New England" states. For "Northeast" I just need West Virginia....well, and Washington DC, if you want to count it. New England is going to be a little tougher, as the only state there I've cached so far in Connecticut.

Is this where we roast the Sax Man?

"He always wants to be the center of attention. When he goes to a funeral, he's sorry he isn't the corpse."

"He gets carried away with his own self-importance. The trouble is, he doesn't get carried far enough away."

"He's a legend in his own mirror."

:D TOO FUNNY! Must be because some of them ring true! :D

My geocaching goals are to geocache when I have free time.

Try and reach 100 finds by my one year geocaching anniversary.

Try to hide 5 total caches in my area by my one year geocaching anniversary.

Host an event cache in Rochester, MN during Rochesterfest.

I never really give a rats a** about my post count but I am coming up on 2000 so I guess that's cool. I only hope some of my posts provided a modicum of useful information or entertainment.

I'm much more concerned with my find count. My goal is to reach 500 finds by my one year geocaching anniversary. That means I have until June 30th to find 73 more caches. Should be a piece of cake.

edit: Holy crap! I didn't even realize I was over 2000 posts already!!! See that? I told you I didn't give a rats a**!

Edited by JMBella
I've had my goals listed on my profile page over time.  I did the 100 caches the first year, 200 the second and 300 the third as I had hoped.  I'm not planning on hitting 400 this year specifically, but it would be cool to do that.  I would really like to hit a cache in every state eventually and I am over halfway there so far.

I'm ahead of schedule (261 caches after 25 months of playing) so I should be able to hit 300 by the end of my 3rd year. :lol:

I guess I was not totally specific. Those are per year counts. In essence I have to do 100 caches every three months this year to hit that goal of 400 in this year. So far I am on target, but who knows what the year will bring. I am going to Nashville in early July so that should help. :P

What are your goals?

To get my find count closer to my post count!

That would't work for me!

I don't post very often.... (and perhaps that's a good thing :lol: )

Goals?... they keep changing... I want one more cache and then one more and...

My primary goal is to win the lottery :P . Failing that, and so far that seems to be my future, I would like to close the gap between myself and my caching partner Renegade Knight a little bit.

Oh and buy a Garmin GPS so he will quit giving my such a hard time about caching with a GPS from that other company. :lol: