Geo Caching Motto

While reading in the forum the other day I saw this statement:

Failure is a hard pill to swallow until you realize the only failure

you can really have in this sport is the failure to enjoy yourself.

I can't recall who said it and I don't know if it was an original quote, but I thought it was a great motto. In fact it is likely a motto I should live by.

In any event, it made me wonder if geocaching had a motto, and if we need one.

PA (MA & PA)

I've got a RASH.

There is no universal motto.

This site has several. Local orgs have their own.

CITO is a motto this site uses.

I like F.F.T. myself. (Find the Fudging Tupperware) Plus the alternate meaning of FTF isn't too bad. Not that I'd wear it spelled out at work. They probably wouldn't make good mottos though.

While reading in the forum the other day I saw this statement:

Failure is a hard pill to swallow until you realize the only failure

you can really have in this sport is the failure to enjoy yourself.

I can't recall who said it and I don't know if it was an original quote, but I thought it was a great motto.  In fact it is likely a motto I should live by.

PA  (MA & PA)

Totemlake said it first. I liked it so much I use it as my signature. :D

"It's more than a hobby, less than a sport."

"One more reason to leave the witch and yard-apes behind."

"Stick both hands into the bush."

"dadgum you, Mr. Garmin! dadgum you to Hell!"

"Covered in ticks, stung by a cloud of mosquitoes, wet, dirty, stinky, hungry, thirsty, tired ... Now THAT'S fun!"

What better reason to blow $30 in gas, $20 in snacks, bottled water and Zip-Lock bags, 5 hours of your time, the potential for some serious trespassing on Federal land and a chance to find more golfballs than you'll ever use?

I'm a geocaching Motto

(inside joke that only a few of my friends will get)

Oh wow, I have to be the biggest idiot in the world. I just now made the connection and understood the joke..

Questmaster IS a geocaching motto...

Edited by TeamK-9

I got a rash? Renegade Knight, is that from "The Big Lebowski?" I loved that movie.

We can't use "It's not in the numbers." That's like introducing yourself and a friend as "Hi, I'm LeatherKnight, and this is Renegade Knight, a member of my social club. We do not have drinking problems."

A good motto is nice. Maybe something like a joke. "How do you get 1000 idiots to stumble out into the woods, and get them to tell the tale on the internet? Get some tupperware, empty your junk drawer into it, put the location on the web and wait."

Something like that. Nothing poignant though, please. It'd sound too mocking when you thought about it while tramping through the mud in the pouring rain. "Yeah, yeah, failure to enjoy aalllllll this pleasure, that'd be the true mistake."

Hi,

Just a couple of pre-coffee ideas...

• "I can't be lost, look at all this tech in my bag"
  • "Hauling McTreasures around the countryside for 4 years"
  • "Not all who wander are compelled to quote Tolkien"
  • "Scratches and black-fly bites are my medals of honor"
  • "Get Lost, for fun"

nfa

On a some what realted note, some one made the remark at our Stone Mtn Cache Machine after being in the 90 degree heat for 5 hrs that if we HAD to go find these caches we would be complaining our rear ends off, but since we did it on our own accord the heat bugs rocks etc dont seem to bother all tha much.