Brand New Etrex Legend Gps $132.50

I just started Geocaching and after some research I decided the Garmin eTrex Legend was the best unit for my needs. Then I was out for the best price. It takes a little work, but anyone can have a new eTrex Legend for $132.50 (add local tax). This will work through August 1st 2004, just follow the steps below. B)

1) Go to http://walmart.com and add the Legend to your shopping cart. It should be $162.50. Print the page showing the price and description.

2) Purchase the Legend at either your local Best Buy or Circuit City. Show them the printed add from Walmart.com and have them price match it for you.

3) Print and complete the Garmin $30 rebate form found here. http://www.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/index.html

Unfortunately, the Wal-mart retail stores will not price match the adds found on Walmart.com, so you have to purchase it at another retailer that will price match with them. It was explained to me that Wal-mart and Walmart.com are two different companies. B)

The best part is you get the GPS right way and don't have to wait for it to be shipped to you!

Happy Caching! :D

Edited by yingling
I just started Geocaching and after some research I decided the Garmin eTrex Legend was the best unit for my needs. Then I was out for the best price. It takes a little work, but anyone can have a new eTrex Legend for $132.50 (add local tax). This will work through August 1st 2004, just follow the steps below. B)

1) Go to http://walmart.com and add the Legend to your shopping cart. It should be $162.50. Print the page showing the price and description.

2) Purchase the Legend at either your local Best Buy or Circuit City. Show them the printed add from Walmart.com and have them price match it for you.

3) Print and complete the Garmin $30 rebate form found here. http://www.garmin.com/whatsNew/currentpromotions/index.html

Unfortunately, the Wal-mart retail stores will not price match the adds found on Walmart.com, so you have to purchase it at another retailer that will price match with them. It was explained to me that Wal-mart and Walmart.com are two different companies. B)

The best part is you get the GPS right way and don't have to wait for it to be shipped to you!

Happy Caching! :D

I tried to get Best Buy to pricematch a Vista based on a Walmart.com printout and they refused. They said it had to be available in a local store at that price, not just on the internet. I guess it just depends on the clerk. Why not just order it from Walmart.com? Not sure if the rebate would still work on an internet purchase, though.

I tried to get Best Buy to pricematch a Vista based on a Walmart.com printout and they refused.

Mmmmm, good to know. I was told Best Buy would price match as long as the company had a store front, but I have no experience with them doing this first hand. Anyone else have any problems with Best Buy price matching? Maybe it's only if the clerk knows that Walmart.com and Wal-mart are not one in the same.

I was able to do it at Circuit City in Jacksonville last night without a problem.

Why not just order it from Walmart.com?

That would work, but I couldn't wait any longer to start hunting! B)

Good deal on the price, but local retailers will not price match online retailers usually. If you don't mind waiting that's the way to go for sure!

Won't WalMart pricematch their own online price?

Nope!

Unfortunately, the Wal-mart retail stores will not price match the adds found on Walmart.com, so you have to purchase it at another retailer that will price match with them. It was explained to me that Wal-mart and Walmart.com are two different companies.
Edited by yingling
Good deal on the price, but local retailers will not price match will online retailers usually. If you don't mind waiting that's the way to go for sure!

Won't WalMart pricematch their own online price?

Nope!

Unfortunately, the Wal-mart retail stores will not price match the adds found on Walmart.com, so you have to purchase it at another retailer that will price match with them. It was explained to me that Wal-mart and Walmart.com are two different companies.

West Marine will match any online price as long as you bring them a printout with the price including shipping. They will even do it through their website if you email them the link to where you can get it for less.

Wow, that's great! I could have used that info several times over the last ten years or so. Thanks for the tip!

So it looks like the best deal is to grab is at amazon.com, if you can't wait for it then price match it at West Marine and don't forget to do the rebate on time.

Thanks JeepCachr!

I tried to get Best Buy to pricematch a Vista based on a Walmart.com printout and they refused.

Mmmmm, good to know. I was told Best Buy would price match as long as the company had a store front, but I have no experience with them doing this first hand. Anyone else have any problems with Best Buy price matching? Maybe it's only if the clerk knows that Walmart.com and Wal-mart are not one in the same.

I was able to do it at Circuit City in Jacksonville last night without a problem.

Why not just order it from Walmart.com?

That would work, but I couldn't wait any longer to start hunting! :unsure:

did the one at ciruit city have the pc link cable?

If you have a "Sportsmans Warehouse" near you, they have Legends for $159. I bought one (for myself :) ) on Mother's Day. The rebate slip said the only thing you cannot get the rebate for is Legends purchased through online auctions.

ya i saw it there but it said those but they are refurbished in the factoary.

AN EVEN BETTER DEAL!!!

The Etrex Legend is being sold on amazon.com right now for $154.95.

If you sign up for an amazon.com credit card (instant approval for those who qualify), you get a $30 promotional certificate to use on your first purchase at amazon.com using your new amazon.com credit card. (It took me a total of 10 minutes to sign up for the credit card and then purchase the Legend w/ the $30 promotional certificate).

If you use the FREE shipping option, your total is:

$124.95

This purchase ALSO qualifies for the $30 rebate.

Final total after rebate is:

$94.95 !!!!!!

Edited by MajorT