Jeepin' And Cachin'?

Why would anyone cache in anything other than a jeep. :rolleyes:

I love my Jeep, but I only drive it when I *need* it. If I don't need my Jeep to get to a cache, I'm either on my motorcycle or in my daily driver (Ford Contour). The fuel efficiency in the Jeep sucks and I want to keep the overall mileage down.

I love my Jeep, but I only drive it when I *need* it. If I don't need my Jeep to get to a cache, I'm either on my motorcycle or in my daily driver (Ford Contour). The fuel efficiency in the Jeep sucks and I want to keep the overall mileage down.

Gas milage may be a valid concern but no need to worry about keeping the mileage down. See my previous post in this topic. I own all high mileage Jeeps and they all run like new ;)

Edited by clan_Barron

In a few days, I too will be joining the Jeep fray. My Dad and I are swapping vehicles before my move to Montana, giving me a 94 Jeep Wrangler YJ. As soon as I get there, an OME 2.5" suspension lift, set of Eagle 058 15x8 rims, and some trXus 31x10.5r15 M/Ts are going on for the 4-wheeling I can't wait to get into.

I'm working on grandiose plans for some great Jeep trail caches around where I'll soon be living.

Holy crap! That's a lot of off-road ready KJ's. In my area, people with KJ's are looked down upon, because they buy them and leave them stock or get the "Off-Road Package" and think they're just as good as any off-road ready/modified wrangler or cherokee..

I was actually looking at KJ's the other weekend at the Jeep dealership while I was in to have my Jeep inspected. The thing that immediately turned me off was the lack of real bumpers on any of them. I know you can changed the bumper, but I swear I looked at at least 20 of them and not a one had a metal bumper, and that just sort of turned me off, cause they were all these flimsy little plastic things...