I Must Have A Gps

I am kinda new. I have already gone geocaching a little, and found some, but I need a GPS!!! I need it really CHEAP.....I'm talking like $20 maximum!! I'm only 15 and don't have a job, so i don't get paid, like some of ya'll do. Please let me know if you can help me.....PLEAZE!!! and if it's on E-Bay, don't post it unless it is close to the end, or it has a buy-it-now price.

Thanx

I am kinda new.  I have already gone geocaching a little, and found some, but I need a GPS!!!  I need it really CHEAP.....I'm talking like $20 maximum!!  I'm only 15 and don't have a job, so i don't get paid, like some of ya'll do.  Please let me know if you can help me.....PLEAZE!!!  and if it's on E-Bay, don't post it unless it is close to the end, or it has a buy-it-now price.

Thanx

For twenty bucks, I think you're pretty well into the "dropped it off a cliff and now it doesn't work" category. :)

Even a well-worn Etrex yellow, from a very sympathetic seller, will run you $50 to $75.

Realistically, I think you're going to be looking at mowing a few lawns and saving your money, rather than finding one in your quoted price bracket.

Edit: I don't think I'd trust a GPS unit that only cost me twenty bucks. I'd probably end up tying a string to my car's bumper just so I could find it again when the unit died on me.

Edited by Seamus

This might sound “cheesy”, but when I was your age I would talk to my parents, and even the neighbors, and tell them what I was trying to buy and how much. Then I would ask what “odd jobs” I could do to raise the money. Things have changed a bit since I was 15. Heck, this approach might not even work these days.

You can sometimes catch the garmin Etrex(yellow) on sale for $80.00. Good luck, if you lived around the Houston area, I could find some odd jobs for ya.

Good things come to those who wait.... and work to achieve them

Maybe if you spent a little time working instead of messing around with Halo you could possibly get some money. Hey just kidding but really I checked your website out and its pretty cool but you could spend a little spare time working or something couldn't ya. I was 16 when I got a job and I am 18 now and still have that job and love it. I value my free time a lot more however but at least I can get a gps, gas, a car, and a college education, now. Guess its all about how important things are to you.

Oh yea chances are you won't find a gps for $20, I know people who have not found any for $50, but good luck any way

Here is a Magellan GPS315 on ebay with a current price of $10.50....there is still 3 days left, but you might want to keep an eye on it. An older Garmin GPS45 just sold for $31. Keep an eye out!

3095765183 ...here is the item # for the Magellan315

I love buying old silver coins off ebay, I get some great deals! B)

Tony ........ B)

Thanks....i will watch that one on e-Bay. I have tried to find a job, because, as you have probably guessed, i have a lot of free time on my hands, but I ust can't find a good job here in Sebastian. If you can find any more, tell me.

Be wary of buying a sub $50 GPS. Many of the older units have one less decimal so they won't get you much closer than you can get by looking at a detailed map.

I just don't want you to be dissapointed on spending what little hard earned money that you have on something that isn't going to be much better than going without.

I suggest that you cut lawns for a little while. I am only thirteen, this is what I did and now I have an eTrex Legend as well as a palm with cachemate running on it!

Just my $.02 :unsure:

lol i am 13 too and from cutting lawns fixing comps etc i have 132.00

i am looking for a gps that'll get me there within 3 meters for under 75.00

I now have 35$ I can spend!!! Big increase there. I have been watching that GPS on E-Bay, and it's already at $15

How much are you willing to give this week? I've got an Etrex Yellow with data cable that I was asking $110 plus shipping. I asked some others and they did say I was too high.....price wise!!! But $60 would be closer to the correct value! I have current pics if you'd like so see it. I can wait till you save enough if you are interested....Let me know. Jerry P

Hey thanx for all the replies guys. My parents have decided to go half way with me on a GPS, so I am thinking of either getting a Garmin Etrex Yellow or Garmin Gecko 201. Which one do you think would be best? I like the look of the Etrex better, but the Gecko is more accurate.

Hey thanx for all the replies guys. My parents have decided to go half way with me on a GPS, so I am thinking of either getting a Garmin Etrex Yellow or Garmin Gecko 201. Which one do you think would be best? I like the look of the Etrex better, but the Gecko is more accurate.

Either one would be fine. The gecko may have waas but a lot of cachers including myself leave the waas turned off because it doesn't help that much. I guess that you should get whatever feels better in your hand. I like the etrex series, I have a Legend and a Vista. They just feel more rugged to me than the Geckos. :lol:

How much are you willing to give this week? I've got an Etrex Yellow with data cable that I was asking $110 plus shipping. I asked some others and they did say I was too high.....price wise!!! But $60 would be closer to the correct value! I have current pics if you'd like so see it. I can wait till you save enough if you are interested....Let me know. Jerry P

Looks like my Etrex Yellow is gone!!! Thanks and good luck geocacheing Rad!!!