Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I hear Wenatchee was a happy place yesterday. Robinego is a grandma :)

Welcome to the world, Ella Nicole!!! (I forsee a trip over the mts. in the very near future)

WOW!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Welcome, young lady, and congrats to her parents and grandparents! (Trying to picture Robinego as a grandma.... :P )

Picture, we want pictures!

Edited by hydnsek

I hear Wenatchee was a happy place yesterday. Robinego is a grandma :)

Welcome to the world, Ella Nicole!!! (I forsee a trip over the mts. in the very near future)

WOW!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Welcome, young lady, and congrats to her parents and grandparents! (Trying to picture Robinego as a grandma.... :P )

Picture, we want pictures!

Well...I've been a little busy...Geocaching has a new Travel Bug...0ad351ab-5762-42e9-b358-59102d8d3f12.jpg

Ella Nicole 11/11/08 @23:42. After 21 hours of labor!

Ran across info in the WenatcheeOutdoors News- Nov 2008 and thought others might find it useful too.

Winter Trail Info: Wenatchee Foothills. With winter fast approaching, here’s some trail information you should know (and that should be forwarded to other trail users). Which trails flanking Wenatchee are legal to use in winter, which ones do you need to stay off, and how do you use trails responsibly over the winter?

Sage Hills Closure. The entire Sage Hills parcel (PUD properties and Land Trust properties from Day Drive to Horse Lake Road) is closed to the public from December 1 until April 1. The PUD’s property in the Sage Hills is managed as mule deer habitat and recreational use of the property from April through November is a privilege rather than a right. For recreationalists to remain in good graces with the PUD (and to avoid having this area closed altogether in the future), it’s important to heed the winter closure. Even the lower trails accessed from Day Drive and Maiden Lane (Broadview) are closed to hikers, joggers, snowshoers, and pet owners from December 1 until April 1.

Saddle Rock (north side). The trails on the Jacobson Preserve owned by the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust (leaving from the WRAC) are open in winter. The Land Trust asks all trail users to watch their tread – if the trails are so soft that your boots or bike leave prints or ruts, stay off until conditions firm up (or until the trail freezes). Dogs must be leashed and, because this trail is heavily used, scoop your dogs poop. Finally, if you encounter deer, don’t spook them. Winter survival for deer is a delicate game of conserving calories-- causing deer to bolt is an expenditure of energy they can’t afford.

Saddle Rock (south side). Accessing Saddle Rock from the end of Circle Street has you on property owned by the DNR. Trails here are open in winter but all the points just mentioned in the last section apply here as well.

Dry Gulch Preserve (Asamera Mine). The property of the old Asamera Mine site is now owned by the Appleatchee Riders and is now called the Dry Gulch Preserve. This property is adjacent to the south side of Saddle Rock and is also accessed from the end of Circle Street. The property is open to the public throughout the winter for hiking, walking, jogging, and snowshoeing. No mountain bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed any time of year. This property was acquired specifically so members of the Appleatchee Riders could horseback ride here, and other public use is a bonus we all get to enjoy. As such, we need to be responsible users to retain this privilege. Stay on existing trails and roads (no cross-country travel), leash your pet, obey all ‘No-Trespassing’ signs, and don’t cross any barbwire fences.

Sage Hills Closure. The entire Sage Hills parcel (PUD properties and Land Trust properties from Day Drive to Horse Lake Road) is closed to the public from December 1 until April 1. The PUD’s property in the Sage Hills is managed as mule deer habitat and recreational use of the property from April through November is a privilege rather than a right. For recreationalists to remain in good graces with the PUD (and to avoid having this area closed altogether in the future), it’s important to heed the winter closure. Even the lower trails accessed from Day Drive and Maiden Lane (Broadview) are closed to hikers, joggers, snowshoers, and pet owners from December 1 until April 1.

Thanks for the info g-people. I didn't realize the Sage Hills trails were closed for 4 months during the winter. There are a few geocaches in that area from Day Drive to Horselake road that will be inaccessable during the trail closure period. It might be a good idea for those who have caches in that area to put a note on the cache page about the trail closure dates. Here is a map of the Sage Hills trail system showing the PUD and CDLT properties that will be closed:

SageHills-MtnBike-2009.JPG

Hey, how about Patudles reachin 3500? Let's here it!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

Gosh its been a while since I have been in the forums. A little late but Congrats to mmauvil for 700 recently and g-people for 1300

Ditto

Edited by K-Ddid

Is there a plan for the HOTM for March? There was some interest for a hike to the caches above Lake Lenore Cave before it gets too hot, too ticky, and too rattle snakey. Its snowing again and I need something fun to look forward to. Thanks for letting me whine, Tenya

Is there a plan for the HOTM for March? There was some interest for a hike to the caches above Lake Lenore Cave before it gets too hot, too ticky, and too rattle snakey. Its snowing again and I need something fun to look forward to. Thanks for letting me whine, Tenya

There are no plans at this time. The hike to the caches above Lake Lenore Caves would be a good HOTM season opener. Caches to find on the hike would be:

Lenore Caves Cache

The Land That Time Forgot

The a-maze-ing Petroglyph

LK Lost N Time

And you're right, March is the best time to go there to avoid the critters. If I remember right, the total distance is just over 3 miles. Not a long hike, but a very interesting one through an ancient coulee. I've found those caches but would love to go again to check on my hides. Any one else interested in making this our first HOTM for 2009? Anyone want to suggest a date?

There are no plans at this time. The hike to the caches above Lake Lenore Caves would be a good HOTM season opener. Caches to find on the hike would be:

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

And you're right, March is the best time to go there to avoid the critters. If I remember right, the total distance is just over 3 miles. Not a long hike, but a very interesting one through an ancient coulee. I've found those caches but would love to go again to check on my hides. Any one else interested in making this our first HOTM for 2009? Anyone want to suggest a date?

I'm very excited to get back out hiking! All of the caches above are ones I need to grab! I'm in! Any weekend in March is good for me, except the weekend of the 28, as it's my son's birthday.

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

I would totally be interested in going....but again, I am limited to Sundays being the very best for me...and I am still not sure what Sundays I will be available yet in March. I will keep watching....if I can make things work...I will defiantly chime in...Look forward to tryign to get a hike or 2 in this summer with this group.

The Russman aka Firenut-Hunter

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

I highly recommend this hike and cache series! Did it last year, and loved it. The Petroglyph one was a Cache of the Month.

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

Hey, I think it is a great idea.

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

I am in too. I have done 2 of the 4 and they were a lot of fun. I can commit to the weekend of the 20th/21st. Earlier weekends I have other commitments that I would have to work around so not sure if I can pull it off with the family and all.

Lenore Caves Cache

LK Lost N Time

I am in too. I have done 2 of the 4 and they were a lot of fun. I can commit to the weekend of the 20th/21st. Earlier weekends I have other commitments that I would have to work around so not sure if I can pull it off with the family and all.

I like that weekend also as there is a strong possibility that I will be in Wenatchee that weekend anyway.

Tenya has been wanting me to go on a hike of the month for some time now. This one is much closer for me and I am looking forward to going, however, I am not as quick of a hiker as most, but not afraid to hike alone either. The only weekend I am not able to go would be the 28th as I am over on the wetside, oh, I mean west side for my daughters 21st birthday. Happy hiking. fobojo

After reviewing the posts and a couple of emails, it appears the date will be Saturday, March 21. Sorry Firenut-Hunter, but Saturdays work best for the majority of the group. Hopefully we can plan a HOTM hike or two this year on a day that's agreeable to everyone.

:laughing: Is all good....I too know all too well about finding time for everyone:) I will keep an eye out and watch and see what happens....maybe all the tires will majically be fixed and I can show up:)

The Russman

After reviewing the posts and a couple of emails, it appears the date will be Saturday, March 21. Sorry Firenut-Hunter, but Saturdays work best for the majority of the group. Hopefully we can plan a HOTM hike or two this year on a day that's agreeable to everyone.

:) Is all good....I too know all too well about finding time for everyone:) I will keep an eye out and watch and see what happens....maybe all the tires will majically be fixed and I can show up:)

The Russman

Darn it! Best laid plans and all that.... I suggested that date and sure enough I have a conflict. Such is the life of a mother of 3. We have a cub scout committment that date. In fact all of my Sat are committed so it looks like maybe I will have to skip church some Sun and hike with firenuthunter :unsure:

At this time it looks as though a business trip is developing and I may be gone the Saturday of the hike (March 21). Its ok that I miss this hike since the caches are either mine, or I have already found them.

So far those who have indicated they are going on the hike are:

mmauvil, Tenya, K-Ddid, and fobojo

Those who indicated they might go:

Barnabirdy(s), LandRover, Max-X, Mr. Gadget #2, and AndrewRJ

I was going to suggest meeting at 8:00 AM at the park and ride where there is a geocache called Mugglicious

N 47° 23.987 W 120° 17.140

Its about a 90 minute drive to Lenore caves so the hike would start around 9:30 to 10:00.

If it turns out my trip is delayed, I'll be there for the hike. But if not, have a great time and a nice hike and I'll see you on the next hike.

Edited by The Navigatorz

My trip to Germany is confirmed and I will be leaving on the 21st, so I won't make the March hike. I'll enjoy reading the logs and viewing the photos from those who go.

Since The Navigatorz will be unable to attend he asked if I would take over from here.

Confirmed from before were Tenya, Fobojo, and K-Ddid.

I've heard from Tenya and Fobojo that they will be meeting us at the trail. For all others please let me know if you intend on going. I've also heard from P-38 that he will attend. I can drive and take up to 5 with me if need be.

We will be meeting at 8:00 AM at the park and ride where there is a geocache called Mugglicious

Sorry to hear that the Barnabird(s) won't be along for the hike!

My trip to Germany is confirmed and I will be leaving on the 21st, so I won't make the March hike. I'll enjoy reading the logs and viewing the photos from those who go.

Since The Navigatorz will be unable to attend he asked if I would take over from here.

I've heard from Tenya and Fobojo that they will be meeting us at the trail. For all others please let me know if you intend on going. I've also heard from P-38 that he will attend. I can drive and take up to 5 with me if need be.

We will be meeting at 8:00 AM at the park and ride where there is a geocache called Mugglicious

I believe two Wet Siders said they wanted to attend (further up this page) - LandRover, AndrewRJ. That's a great hike - enjoy! :D

I believe two Wet Siders said they wanted to attend (further up this page) - LandRover, AndrewRJ. That's a great hike - enjoy! :D

Yes, I still plan on going.

Any ideas for April HOTM? I looked for hikes we could do that no one from the group has already done, but without success.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

Three Ancient Ladies Rock Out This is about 4 miles RT in the Ancient Lakes area, but Max-X, K-Ddid, and Mr. Gadget #2 have already found this cache.

Moses Stool A hike in the desert in Douglas County, about 3 miles RT. It's K-Ddid's cache and Mr. Gadget #2 has already found it too.

Any other suggestions? How about dates? I could go any weekend except the first and last weekend in April.