Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Does archiving your caches mean you will be hiding new ones? Right on!!

Nav, does that mean an end to the "lose interest" thing? Right on.

Uh yeah...I think he was just saying that "losing interest" thing. He called from Chicago after a cache I hid got published to say my coords had him looking in the wrong state!! Ha Ha :laughing: He is still paying attention, aren't ya Nav? :unsure:

Uh yeah...I think he was just saying that "losing interest" thing. He called from Chicago after a cache I hid got published to say my coords had him looking in the wrong state!! Ha Ha :laughing: He is still paying attention, aren't ya Nav? :unsure:

I guess the day I lose interest in geocaching is the day I lose interest in breathing. :ph34r:

Uh yeah...I think he was just saying that "losing interest" thing. He called from Chicago after a cache I hid got published to say my coords had him looking in the wrong state!! Ha Ha :laughing: He is still paying attention, aren't ya Nav? :ph34r:

I guess the day I lose interest in geocaching is the day I lose interest in breathing. :P

Fixing the quote thingy y'all broke...'cuz I'm just anal that way... :unsure:

Robinego is off again to walk 60 mies in 3 days. Even though it is in Southern California, it is almost a month later this year.

How about sending here some good luck encouragement. She may need it this year as Old Mother Nature is not being quite as kind. Remember she walks because she can not walk away. Good luck Robin and we'll waitig to hear from you after you cross the finish line for the fifth time. -G-

I'm back. Rested, massaged and waiting for the blisters to pop and the toenail to fall off...

Did a little caching along the route. Talk about lazy and going for 1/1's, I was starting to look for caches to be handed to me, pen and log book in hand after mile 20. I decided even walking across the street was too far to go for a cache so they all had to be right on the route!

A link to pictures will follow.

Thanks to my hero Gadget who text'ed encouragement while I was hoofin' it.

Robinego is off again to walk 60 mies in 3 days. Even though it is in Southern California, it is almost a month later this year.

How about sending here some good luck encouragement. She may need it this year as Old Mother Nature is not being quite as kind. Remember she walks because she can not walk away. Good luck Robin and we'll waitig to hear from you after you cross the finish line for the fifth time. -G-

I'm back. Rested, massaged and waiting for the blisters to pop and the toenail to fall off...

Did a little caching along the route. Talk about lazy and going for 1/1's, I was starting to look for caches to be handed to me, pen and log book in hand after mile 20. I decided even walking across the street was too far to go for a cache so they all had to be right on the route!

San Diego 2006 Walk photos

No need to sign up to view the photos. Ignore the last 6, my firends are weird!

San Diego 2006 Walk photos

No need to sign up to view the photos. Ignore the last 6, my firends are weird!

Thanks for posting the photos, Robin. Some of them brought tears to my eyes. You're awesome! :cry:

Just back from our trip to Canada, wouldn't you know... too much snow to cache on the way home :P That meant we got home a day earlier than planned, to find a new foot of snow and temps at 5 F. :P:DB) . Our friends from the wet side ALSO got home a day later than planned... and they don't even cache. K&A

I had the same problem on my way home from canada!!! turned a 5.5 hour dirve to an 8+ I kept telling my wife when we would pass one.... I ALMOST stopped so many times but I know that they would be buried..... ug.

Got one in today though :huh:

oh btw am I in the Right group here? (I hail from moses lake)

PS- Blue Jay I purchased my 60cs thru the garage sale forum and am very pleased with the outcome so I recommend it! Are you "trading" up?

I have a eTrex Legend C that i love. It is a great GPS. Last summer some one had the Legend Cx on sale for a good price so i bought it thinking that it had the super receiver. It doesnt. It just has a removable memory card. Now I can get a good price on the GPSMAP 60 CSx for a good price and with all the overtime that I have been working I think that is a good present to myself. Therefore I am going to sell the Cx and keep the C as a backup. Sounds confusing, huh????

Jon

Welcome to cache-cadia Gregwarro! We're a friendly bunch over here and glad to hear of another local cacher!

Hey all- have you noticed the County challenge! Pretty cool BUT I need a Chelan and Douglas county cache to get in the snow.....Help!!!! Anybody home???? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks G-people!

Any folks from Moses Lake hit the Forums?

Any folks from Moses Lake hit the Forums?

There are a few cachers in the Moses Lake area. Goldfinder is one of the oldest. Others are lightman, Wulfy, Nymns. and one more, whose name is not comming to me at the moment. Regrab and Mrs. Regrab are from Othello. There are a couple of school teachers "flyti and Resistance AC" from Othello. They hide a few and I do think they prefer to cache at night. I do not recall ever seeing any of them on the forums.

I actually do not go on that much. I do read them often. -G-

I recomend doing Mr Gadget2s' Big Bad Wolf series. I did it today and even in the rain it was a lot of fun. Starts at 97A by some warehoses and ends up in the Trinidad area. Plotting how to get to a couple of them was interesting. Thanks to the Gadgets for the work and time that went into this cache series. Navigatorz did it at night and recomends it as a night cache. I did it during the day and rain and had fun even tho I got to the road for the fourth cache and realized that my notes had been left at the third cache which took time to go back and retrieve. Thanks again for a great cache.

Blue J Wenatchee :santa:

Jon

Oh what a day it was today, I go home for lunch, and right as I am about to leave.... here comes the mail man! I am only expecting one thing, a GPS I won in an auction on ebay!! a big step up for me, being on a limited budget. I upgraded from a Lowrance Ifinder go, to a Garmin Etrex legend C. Finally I don't have to punch in coordinates in one by one by one.... :):rolleyes::anicute::P that was my major requirement, and I thought a color screen would be nice too. I plan on testing it out tomorrow, well more than just playing with all the buttons and staring at the screen while I drive around hehe!

Hi Gregwarro. Hope you can make the event in Wenatchee and meet our gang (excuse me, "Chapter members") Someone in your occupation should be welcome :( We will be truckin' in from Winthrop if the snow is willin'.

Barnabirdy(s)

Thanks for the heads up on the event.... to bad that its on a Thursday!!! I will try to make it but I get off late sometimes, especially that close to a Holiday :D

I will try to be there if at all possible though as I would like to meet some other cache-cadians :(

Edited by Gregwarro

Question for the Cache-cadians:

Should a perfectly good geocache be archived if it doesn't get anymore visitors?

I have a couple of geocaches that haven't seen visitors since the fall of 2005. Not a single visitor in 2006. I think the reason why is because most of the local cachers have already found them, and they are kind of out of the way for out of towners to go after.

The caches in question are Beehive Mountain Lookout Site last found on 10/1/2005 and Devils Spur last found on 9/8/2005. I suppose there's no harm leaving them there for another year and see what happens, but with the lack of activity at those sites, I could remove them to free up a location for someone else.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what others think. Also, do you have caches that no longer see activity and what do you plan to do with them?

Question for the Cache-cadians:

Should a perfectly good geocache be archived if it doesn't get anymore visitors?

I have a couple of geocaches that haven't seen visitors since the fall of 2005. Not a single visitor in 2006. I think the reason why is because most of the local cachers have already found them, and they are kind of out of the way for out of towners to go after.

The caches in question are Beehive Mountain Lookout Site last found on 10/1/2005 and Devils Spur last found on 9/8/2005. I suppose there's no harm leaving them there for another year and see what happens, but with the lack of activity at those sites, I could remove them to free up a location for someone else.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what others think. Also, do you have caches that no longer see activity and what do you plan to do with them?

Good question. I understand what you are saying. I have often thought the same so I have removed some of my caches that I didn't want to maintain. But in this situation I hope you do not archieve these caches. Beehive Mountain Lookout Site is kinda a signature cache for you because we all know how you like lookout towers and their locations. Devils Spur is a nice cache in a great area. I was just thinking about it a few weeks ago as we hiked in the snow in that area. (That is the area we like to hike in and get our Christmas trees.) I would like to see that cache remain. Just because some of us a have found it and it is sittling idle doesn't mean that someone might eventually come and find it. I love the rock formations you have to hike by on the way to the cache. It is a worthy location to keep a cache there. So I vote and hope that you keep them.

Edited by Patudles