Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Hello from FABULOUS LAS VEGAS.

Found a couple of caches on my way to Pasco. Did a couple last night on the strip. Now its on to The Freemont area to find some out there.

It is already 85 and supposed to be at least 100. It was 104 when the plane landed last night at 715. But its a dry heat.

Talk to you soon.

Blue J

Look at the cool pictures that XY took recently at Erratic Behavior. This cache is going on my Must Do list for this year. Thanks XY for the cool pics.

Hey Nav, I am shocked. at the length of time for your "year to do list". Maybe you should have said a short list of one day. What are you going to do for the remainder 364 days????

I just looked at the pictues and this is amazing. I was impressed with my Willow Springs Erratic cache with seeing light under it. But this one is calling for me to go look at. I think this should the the choice cache find for everybodys WDC page 101. -G-

I've wanted to fish Omak Lake for a long time. There is some awesome cutt fishing in there I hear. Looks like a cool looking cache. Wondering how it got approved though. I had 2 of mine turned down due to being on an indian reservation????

Edited by GeoRoo

Congrats to Mr Gadget for completing the WDC and I see the Barnbirdys did too!.....Geez, has it been that long since I've looked at the WDC. Wow, you guys have been busy. I need to get Blindleaders TB off to Ruck and get it moving along I didn't think anyone was going to complete it till the snow melted.

Edited by GeoRoo

and to Patudles for completing the hard part (all of the pages) of the WDC.

Oooops egg on my face, <_< I thought I was done but it seems I skirted around page 102 without doing it. I thought I did a cache on that page and now see that it was really on page 116. So now I will be making yet another trip out to the boonies someday :lol: . Slurp Slurp goes the gas tank. :D

Congratuulations to Patudles and The Navigatorz for finishing the WDC. "Wow!!" 4 Cache-cadians in a row to complete it this year. <_< Now who is going to be the first to grab the final??

Congratulations to you all! Maybe that central location gives you Cachecadians a little bit of an edge on the rest of us?? I'll look forward to seeing your logs for the final -- I'm trying to guess where it might be hidden!

I've wanted to fish Omak Lake for a long time. There is some awesome cutt fishing in there I hear. Looks like a cool looking cache. Wondering how it got approved though. I had 2 of mine turned down due to being on an indian reservation????

All these nice comments about our cache prompts me to respond, in part, to thank y'all for the nice comments about Erratic Behavior, and in part, because I have a lot of respect for tribal sovereignty and want to be respectful. Be assured, Erratic Behavior was placed with permission of the landowner, who is a friend of mine. (Wave to her in the nearest house). With respect to the broader issue of caching on the res, I have been slowly working my way through the tribal bureaucracy to get permission for caches, having talked to folks at both parks and forestry. I'll probably have to buck up my courage and go to the tribal council. [<_<]

Recently, a cache was placed (and approved) on the res, without permission and I was dismayed to see what is basically a gratuitous roadside micro approved by admin. It was clear to me this cache was ONLY placed to make it easy for WDC folks who want and easy way to satisfy p 101. puhleeze.

Okay, so now that I'm on a rant, I want to express my dismay about another coastal cacher who breezed through this area last weekend and blatantly drove past the WDFW signs through sensitive habitat area to get a cache near Brewster. The local enforcement officer made note, rest assured.

Us fledgling cachers in the area love to show off our beautiful area, but ask folks to tread lightly. Unlike urban areas, we are known here, and the misdeeds of visiting cachers reflect on us personally. After having made the effort to attend the local district team meeting of the WDFW to get permission to plant caches in approved areas, this trespasser's actions put the future of geocaching on WDFW lands at risk.

Okay, the rant is done. And GeoRoo - by all means, Omak Lake is a special place to fish, and in the summer, a swell place to swim. Also, rumor has it that fly fisherfolk are having terrific success at Blue Lake in the Sinlahekin.

Boy there has been a lot of activity and accomplishments done recently in Cache Cadian land. Congratulatiosn to:

Patudles for finally completing the Washington Delorme Challenge.

Robinego; After a slight derailment of caching, she is on the fast track. Congrats for #1,100, good job -R-

Barnabirdy(s); Yep, another milestone, #2,300 and what a story to tell. Maybe a Hummer is in order for your style of caching. :lol:

RE: milestone and hike: Thank you!!! It was a BLAST!!!! My goal has always been to do 500 in one year so I only have about 7 weeks to do another hundred. We'll see how that goes but I will definately appreciate some company on the saddlerock caches that I haven't done yet :)

Edited by g-people

Good Morning.

There is a story on the Ice Age Floods that carved the valleys that we all love in this morning PI. They interview Bruce Bjornstad and have pics. The link is here.

There is a event Wednesday in Kennewick and they talk about that in the story also. I am thinking about going over to it and doing a couple of caches in Oregon on Wednesday also if anyone wants to go.

Blue J

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

Does anyone have a method for removing ticks? Fortunately I haven't had any ticks on me this year, but I thought I'd pass this along in case it might help:

My cousin sent this to me:

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds, (15-20), the tick will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and in KY, that was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient or animal; and easier for me. Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, "It Worked"

The route query tool is AWESOME! It arrived just in time for my family trip to southern OR. It was very handy ...now if only Groundspeak could come up with something to make the geo-spouse more tolerant so he would stop more frequently, or at least slow down...... :laughing: So if you haven't tried it yet...do, it is pretty cool.

The route query tool is AWESOME! It arrived just in time for my family trip to southern OR. It was very handy ...now if only Groundspeak could come up with something to make the geo-spouse more tolerant so he would stop more frequently, or at least slow down...... :laughing: So if you haven't tried it yet...do, it is pretty cool.

Just wait until he's older, J, you'll have no trouble getting those rest stop caches :laughing::o:laughing:

K&A (well, only A)

After about a month of not feeling like going caching :( and instead going to Dr visits I decided since I had the week off and the pills they gave me seem to be helping I decided to add 3 states to my map. Idaho and Montana are done :) (620 miles later) :o and I am going to do The Original Stash Tribute in Oregon Tuesday or Wednesday and then finish up at a family reunion in Moses Lake over the weekend. Now all I need is California and I will get that state when I am in Vegas in October. The Original Stash should be my 300th :o if I plan correctly. Sounds like a good milestone cache goal. Have a good week and see you all soon.

Blue J

P.S. After 3 weeks of Dr.s and tests and needles (ouch) they have decided I have Diabetes Type 2 so should be able to control it with diet and exercise. I didnt know it could affect the legs as bad as it did on me.

Jon

My 300th find was the Original Stash Tribute Plaque and I did the one just up the hill from it while I was there. 7bf824a0-6d09-4ade-b045-ebb8cdde4add.jpg

I did 600 miles on the trip to Montana (FTF on Savenec Geocache) and 690 miles to get to Oregon. I have seen Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens, Mt Adams, Mt Hood. I have driven over more mountain passes than I can count. Now its to Moses Lake for a family reuinion and do some new caches (Happy Birthday Mr.G) on the way and then back to work on Monday. I am glad for the comfort of my Envoy while on the road for the week and wonder how people used to do road trips years ago. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement that you have given me. I will be at the Moses Lake Breakfast Event Saturday so I will see everyone that makes it there.

Have a good rest of the week.

Blue J

Jon

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

My 300th find was the Original Stash Tribute Plaque and I did the one just up the hill from it while I was there. 7bf824a0-6d09-4ade-b045-ebb8cdde4add.jpg

I did 600 miles on the trip to Montana (FTF on Savenec Geocache) and 690 miles to get to Oregon. I have seen Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens, Mt Adams, Mt Hood. I have driven over more mountain passes than I can count. Now its to Moses Lake for a family reuinion and do some new caches (Happy Birthday Mr.G) on the way and then back to work on Monday. I am glad for the comfort of my Envoy while on the road for the week and wonder how people used to do road trips years ago. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement that you have given me. I will be at the Moses Lake Breakfast Event Saturday so I will see everyone that makes it there.

Have a good rest of the week.

Blue J

Jon

Wow, what a great trip! I don't know about you, but I was really quite touched when I saw the Original Stash plaque -- not just the plaque itself but what it stood for, and how much my life has changed since geocaching and I discovered each other.

It's great that you were able to get out and see some of the wonders of the area we live in around these parts -- that's something else that geocaching has done, to get me out of my little circles of daily travel and see more of this great country.

Good luck with your health challenges, too. I've found geocaching is a great motivator to get out and walk/hike/bike/paddle to explore places that I would not have otherwise.

Half-CDN

Thanks! :( It was such fun! I have had a blast this last year discovering new places, meeting new people, and trying to think of good hides. My mom (team wheezer- who is responsible for getting me addicted one year ago) is almost to 1000 and my sister/bro in-law (hairycairy) are almost to 400. Of course it isn't about numbers but it does represent how much we have been getting out! Cache on!