Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I like the variety of ways to get to a cache in the winter. XY snowshoes, Gadgets ride snowmobiles, and Barnabirdys x-country ski. You guys know how to have fun.

Don't forget downhill skiing as well. Big fun! That was my first snowshoe hike. Managed to grab a FTF, but couldn't find a place to leave the cache I was carrying that would be findable in the snow and still be reasonably sure it wouldn't be totally exposed when the snow melts.

Navigatorz, our Travel Bugs seem to have hit a desktop some where. He said he was gonna get them moving but they havent gone anywhere since 2/5. Oh well. Such is the luck of travela bugs.

Congrats Robinego on 1000. I have a long way to go to catch up with all you guys. And i never get any time off from work. I sure hope that Mega ticket I bought pays off.

J

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee

Navigatorz, our Travel Bugs seem to have hit a desktop some where. He said he was gonna get them moving but they havent gone anywhere since 2/5. Oh well. Such is the luck of travela bugs.

I know. I wrote the guy a couple of weeks ago and he said they have been having quite a lot of snow in northern Austria so he hasn't been geocaching much. He hopes to place them as soon as the weather gets better. Then he said he's going to Sweden and may take them there. Seems like an indirect way to get back home. We may not see our TBs for a few years. :P

Edited by The Navigatorz

I wont be able to go to the Wok due to an event at the airport. We are having a Memorial for the young men we lost in the plane crash last week. We are having a small dinner and dedicating a tree and plant for Eric and James. I look forward to the next event and to having dinner with everyone the next time.

THanks

Jon

I made a book mark list today for caches on the Loop Trail. There are 32 caches as of this morning. I think there is room for even more. I can think of a few spots where there are no caches and I am sure that others can think of an area too. It is nice to know our great park system is being used to its maximum. Check out the list and see if I got them all. I didn’t include any that are multi’s that either start or end on the loop.

Blue J

Caches on the Loop Trail

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...1b-7375a80f8ca7

Good idea on the Bookmark list Blue J.

If anyone visiting the Wenatchee area enjoys geocaching while bicycling, I highly recommend Blue J's bookmark list of Loop Trail Caches. Starting with Riverside cache and riding North along the east side of the river, crossing over the Columbia river on Hiway 2/97, then south along the west side trail system, over the old pipeline bridge at the south end of town, then back to Riverside cache is a 15 mile bike ride (with a potential to find 32 caches).

The official name for the trail system is Apple Capital recreation Loop Trail. More information on the trail system can be found HERE.

Good idea on the Bookmark list Blue J.

The official name for the trail system is Apple Capital recreation Loop Trail. More information on the trail system can be found HERE.

Good idea indeed. Thanks. And hey, congrats on 1600 Nav, wasn't it less than a month ago that you hit 1500 in Europe?

1500 was on January 31. I'm just enjoying my new gps. And my wife understands my need to geocache. She can't stand it when I hold my breath and my face starts to turn blue. :anibad:

WOW, thanks! It feels like that took forever! I was hoping to have an EVIL cache that has been on my DNF list be my milestone but it eluded me once again. Not to worry though, the owner took pity on me and marked it with a flare so I will be able to count that find very soon! [:D]

Markus Arilius is planning a caching ride on the Iron Horse trail from Hyak to Cle Elum in June. He thinks "us" east siders should get some more hides on the route. Last year's ride was a lot of fun, worth doing again.

K&A

Sounds great! I'll bet Mrs. Birdy won't have any fits of nostalgia about running into Tunnel Walls

Mark your calendars for April 22- 9-12 CITO Event here in Wenatchee. Blue J and I are working on the details!

Great. Where are you thinking of? I've been meaning to organize one since last year. Glad you're doing it.

Which cache is the evil elusive one?

I couldn't tell until I found it...RIVER BEND......

I won't tell the lengths I had to go to...favors to call in, bribery, hints, flares, glow in the dark stickers.....I don't know if I found it on my fourth or fifth try but it was pathetic nonetheless. I can admit it..... ;)

Hey Mr Gadget, I see you were out caching at Banks Lake on Sunday. Did you see the red Honda and tent parked near the boat launch on the lake? That was me!.....I see you did all 5 Barker Canyon caches and the ones on Steamboat Rock. Wow, you must have been beat. I did those 5 caches almost 2 years ago and they still rate as one of my most memorable days caching. Almost stepping on a nest full of rattlesnakes and having a huge boulder almost crush my leg may have contributed to the fun....... ;)

I didn't see anyone other than a few guys on motorcycles, so I don't know how I missed you. I was out hiking for 2-3 hours around noon and placed a new cache near the huge cave and waterfall to the south. Look for that one to pop up anytime. That's such a cool area to explore. Shame so many have to be such slobs and leave their garbage. I must have picked up 5 large bags and there was plenty more. I see they closed off the road near the boat launch to access. I did see your tracks!......

Edited by GeoRoo

Having read all of the previous logs on the caches Steamboat Rock and the Baker Canyon I would highly recommend doing them within th next few weeks before the place come a buzz. I also decided to do the trek alone and not jepordize having my wife do all of the scramble.

For those who are fit and up to the challange I highly recommend doing these caches. The view from atop Steamboat is.... Well I can not adaquately describe it. You have to see it for yourself.

I had my pedometer in the car but forgot to take it with me. I would guess I may have walked/hiked 6-7 miles on all of the caches. The next thing that is a must is very good foot ware. I wore my Whites, I would not consider any thing less. The next thing is water. and always take yor hiking stick.

I cleaned up on all of the caches around Grand Coulee and wouldn't you know it GEO ROO hides a couple more. Hey that is reason enough to go back.

Having read all of the previous logs on the caches Steamboat Rock and the Baker Canyon I would highly recommend doing them within th next few weeks before the place come a buzz.

For those who are fit and up to the challange I highly recommend doing these caches. The view from atop Steamboat is.... Well I can not adaquately describe it. You have to see it for yourself.

Did you take any pictures? I took a look at some of the photos by others who hiked up there and I see what you are talking about. Example 1, Example 2. These caches are going on my "must do" list. Just wish I wasn't such a cripple or I'd go there this spring.

I cleaned up on all of the caches around Grand Coulee and wouldn't you know it GEO ROO hides a couple more. Hey that is reason enough to go back

That's justice if you ask us. Who made a new hide on Saddle Rock after we all thought we were through with the place???

Barnabirdy(s)[

OOPS. Look for another Saddle Mountain Geocache. I'm sorry.... B)

I cleaned up on all of the caches around Grand Coulee and wouldn't you know it GEO ROO hides a couple more. Hey that is reason enough to go back

That's justice if you ask us. Who made a new hide on Saddle Rock after we all thought we were through with the place???

Barnabirdy(s)[

OOPS. Look for another Saddle Mountain Geocache. I'm sorry.... :laughing:

Lots of difference and distance between Saddle Rock area and Saddle Mt so that gets you off the hook. :laughing: