Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I'm gonna shamelessly ask that if you guys like my WJTB submission for September, please vote for it! I think that most of you know how much I really, really, really need to have a GPS all to myself. Poor Patudles has been abused long enough! B):) I'm not sure how long the voting period lasts, maybe until the 15th? Anyways, here's the link to the voting page: linky.

Here is the picture:

PICT0064.jpg

The jeep was dropped off in Appleyard (and then promptly taken to Idaho :) ), and the pic was taken in the Squilchuck Creek nearby.

Thanks a bunch. B):o

Just was looking over some old finds of ours and saw you guys waded out to Pinball.

That one was pretty fun. I was the first to wade that one. I was saving it for our 400th. It was January 25! Had to search through snow to find it!

Just curious if you crossed the river from the highway side (south bank of the river) or the north side. We crossed from the south bank when the flow was around 460 cfs. Land Rover crossed a few weeks earlier at 540 cfs and described it as being a little more than he bargained for, but he made it across and back. We saw where if someone came down the hill from the north side, the flow on that side was a whole lot less. I looked in the USGS history records, and on the day you crossed, the flow was about 725 cfs. If you crossed from the south side, in January, when the water was ice cold, moving at 725 cfs, then you're braver, or crazier, than the rest of us.

Even so, you crossed on the north side of the island which may have had less flow, but you came down and hiked back up that steep hill, with snow on the ground, that we didn't have to contend with. You're the only one who has done that so far and that's worth applauding. Good job.

Edited by The Navigatorz

Ok guys, you will now know more about me than you probably want to but, please look at my entry for the Jeep photo contest and vote for it if you:

1) find it funny,

2) find it disturbing,

3) find yourself jealous or

4) find yourself fortunate it's not you

I'll be taking said Jeep to SoCal and dropping it off at the walk. Apropos if I do say so myself. Note the name of the Jeep...it's Kismet!

Thanks,

Robin

Bling for Boobs

Ok guys, you will now know more about me than you probably want to but, please look at my entry for the Jeep photo contest and vote for it if you:

1) find it funny,

2) find it disturbing,

I'll be taking said Jeep to SoCal and dropping it off at the walk. Apropos if I do say so myself. Note the name of the Jeep...it's Kismet!

Thanks,

Robin

Bling for Boobs

Oh, my! :rolleyes:

I already voted for Ambrosia's entry...can I vote for two?...is this a different contest?...I'm so corn-fused... :):rolleyes::ph34r::(:(

This is the next contest, for October entries, and the voting will begin on November 1.

Thanks for voting for mine, though! I still have four more days to go before my contest period ends.

So I check back into geocaching like a few days ago and I've already seen Ambrosia change Avitars 4 times! Whats up Girl? Not enough Dr. Pepper?

NEED DR PEPPER

:(

No. I've just been assimilated into Cheers, and become one of the worst of them. :rolleyes:

It's my latent ADDHD coming out. I hate change, except in my background screen, screensaver, and avatar. I keep it all in my computer. :ph34r:

1) find it funny,

2) find it disturbing,

Thanks,

Robin

Bling for Boobs

Yup, and here I thought I knew you pretty well :rolleyes:

You got my vote, and best wishes for you on the walk, may the weather be good to you and your feet treat you well.

While your walking I hope to be adding to my DeLorme pages.