Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Nobody jumped on the Colchuck Lk cache I see. I almost went up there a couple weeks ago when I was caching your area. It's a gorgeous area. That's the backdoor way into the Enchantments that I've taken many times and doing it in one day will just about kill you!.....:lol: Friend and I went up there in late Dec. in 78 in a low snow year and the lake was covered with 8 inches of crystal clear ice. We were able to walk across the lake and climb Aasgard Pass all the way to the top of upper Enchantments with just a bit of snow up there. That area sure brings back some great memories. I wonder how much snow is at Colchuck now.....got me thinking about that....:lol: Look for a new cache near Jameson Lake that I placed last week.

Nobody jumped on the Colchuck Lk cache I see. I almost went up there a couple weeks ago when I was caching your area. It's a gorgeous area. That's the backdoor way into the Enchantments that I've taken many times and doing it in one day will just about kill you!.....:huh: Friend and I went up there in late Dec. in 78 in a low snow year and the lake was covered with 8 inches of crystal clear ice. We were able to walk across the lake and climb Aasgard Pass all the way to the top of upper Enchantments with just a bit of snow up there. That area sure brings back some great memories. I wonder how much snow is at Colchuck now.....got me thinking about that....:P Look for a new cache near Jameson Lake that I placed last week.

I've notice3d htat cache. REgarding Jameson...is this the one in Eastern WA...sort of by Soap Lake? I used to fish that lake...great for trout.

We can't keep letting Robinego get all the FTF's can we? 

Oh sure you can Ms. "I'm-getting-an-upgrade". Remember my little Maggie will get you where you want to go until your high falutin' Garmin comes in! :huh:

Nobody jumped on the Colchuck Lk cache I see

My in-laws showed up unexpectedly :P (a wide open door for comments there I bet). Tried to convince them they could do it with me but then it rained all day on Tuesday so Colchuck was out. I was in the Icicle creek area yesterday so if the cache has any snow right now, it's a light dusting. If anyone has plans on going up, let me know.

Was going to go up and rescue Where the Wind Blows today but am being called into work for tonight. Will have to be this weekend and if anyone wants a shorter more level 5 miler, they could join me on that one.

Look for a new cache near Jameson Lake that I placed last week.

Aw man, I was just over there 2 days ago! :P

Hey 'Tudles, when was the birthday?

Last Thursday, on the 21st of October I had the most fun B-day Party with the B-ham and Canadian Cachers. There were 37 guests at my party and the only ones I had met previously were my family (All41, Ambrosia, Water Lily & K-boy) and the Barnabirdy(s). I won a head lamp in a drawing & shared my specially designed caching cake with them. Half-Canadian had a gift for me of some Canadian Lock'n'Lock containers. Then best of all I get the new purty color screen 60cs. Yeah! Oh yeah I got a new pair of cachin shoes too. Sorry Miss Goody Two Shoes nothing you'd drool over but I'm happy with them.

Wouldn't want anyone to risk breaking a strut or anything like that

Been there and done that. Broke one this summer in my sister's truck up on the upper Colockum. ;) Taught me not to borrow a vehicle to cache in.

Looking forward to the new cache. Glad you are doing that area it needs one. There used to be a ferry accross the river down in that area back in the fifties and earlier. I have not figured out the location of that area just yet. I think you can't get to it because it is either Dam or Alcoa Property. Let me know when you place it and I will put it on my Incubator page.

Now Robin, you should remember those purty maps on the Garmin 60C

How can I forget. Now that Toodles has one coming her way, I'll have to listen to her giddy laughter everytime it changes a page! But until then, she's mine! Muahahahaha

Was going to go up and rescue Where the Wind Blows today but am being called into work for tonight. Will have to be this weekend and if anyone wants a shorter more level 5 miler, they could join me on that one.

Well, my life changes from a moment to the next and Saturday is already out for a hike :lol: . Got called off after being called on and then I'm getting a family addition this Saturday morning at 10:00 in Ellensburg. Can't wait, have to go a make up a room! Ahh...my life as chaos reigns...gotta love it. Maybe I'll get there early and do some caching... ;)

Sorry Miss Goody Two Shoes nothing you'd drool over but I'm happy with them.

If they're pink I would ;)

Edited by robinego

REgarding Jameson...is this the one in Eastern WA...sort of by Soap Lake? I used to fish that lake...great for trout.

Yes, Jameson Lk is between Waterville and Coulee City off US 2. I've fished it for about 20 years and it still puts out a gazilion fish, but it's gone downhill for size and quality of fish. It reopens on Oct1-31, so that's always a great time to fish it. Happy B-day Patudles!......You'll like the 60CS. When I was at Jameson last week I didn't have any cords. for Muskrat Pond cache and tried to find it from memory. I thought it was the pond about 1/4 mile east of the camping area, so I wandered over there and spent about 30 mins looking. I see now I was about 1 mile off!.....:lostsignal: I'll have to put a cache there as it's a nice pond and easy walk over with lots of wildlife. My new cache by Jameson hasn't been approved yet, so still waiting. I hid a new cache yesterday near Mt Persis. Turns out the cords were the same as the archived Mt Persis View. What a day that was. It's going to be a week before I can walk normal again. :unsure: <br> Navagatorz, you might be interested in this one. Heybrook Lookout The lookout is all setup to rent soon, so this would be a fun one in the winter. I've never stayed in a lookout, and it's something I've always wanted to do.

Looks like Dutch Henry Falls is approved in time for me to go find it tomorrow a.m. It just decided for me which road to take to Spokane. Thanks GeoRoo! Hopefully the snakes are all asleep now.

for Muskrat Pond cache and tried to find it from memory. I thought it was the pond about 1/4 mile east of the camping area, so I wandered over there and spent about 30 mins looking.

The pond is just a water seepage from Jameson Lake on the opposite side of the road at the same end of the lake as your cache. Sounds like you were in the general area. With three caches in the same general area maybe more people will now make the trip out there.

Looks like Dutch Henry Falls is approved in time for me to go find it tomorrow a.m.  It just decided for me which road to take to Spokane.  Thanks GeoRoo!  Hopefully the snakes are all asleep now.

Hope you were FTF on my new cache and the snakes didn't get yeah. That part of the state is very lacking in caches, so it would be good to see a few more pop up. Hint hint....:mad:

Hope you were FTF on my new cache and the snakes didn't get yeah.

No way, I'm going after that one tom'w after I get my exchange student registered at school. I just "cleaned up" that area last week and now this one popped up, I might even get Desert Waterfall and Megan's cache this time!

Toodles, you are grounded until Friday! :D

Looks like Dutch Henry Falls is approved in time for me to go find it tomorrow a.m.  It just decided for me which road to take to Spokane.  Thanks GeoRoo!  Hopefully the snakes are all asleep now.

Well I was FT something but it wasn't FTF it was FTDNF. Coords lead me to a very rocky area. Looked and looked resorted to the clue but I had already looked there so looked again. Either my arm isn't long enough or I was looking in the wrong area but I had to get on my journey to Hayden Lake, Id. so I will have to come back on another day.

Sorry to hear you had a DNF

I'm not, she's got her fair share of FTF's. She needs to share! :lol: I got called into work and was unable to go look for it. (note to self, get caller I.D.) Of course, tom'w is also out unless the crown I need repaired magically fixes itself overnight and I can cancel my appointment...

Maybe I'll settle on doing Where the Wind Blows...closer to home, less frustration trying for an FTF. Got 2 FTF's in a row, now I'm terribly hooked. Will the madness never end?

or a long arm reach

:( You've met Patudles right?

This is the most beautiful time of year to be caching.

Today was very wet, though. It snowed all morning at our house, and then eventually turned to rain.

I dragged my poor children on a 2 mile walk today, putting the finishing touches on my newest cache. It rained the whole time, and was less than 40 degrees. What sports! They handled it well, even if we were all soaked and frozen by the end.

I'm not, she's got her fair share of FTF's. She needs to share!

And I thought you were my friend! Look at how quickly the knife turns in the back, Ouch! ;) Well now is the time to take advange of the poor GPSrless me. You just wait till I can show Maggie my new purty pictures.

tom'w is also out unless the crown I need repaired magically fixes itself overnight and I can cancel my appointment...

What? Cancel another dentist appt. to go caching? Glad you have your priorities straight.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Patudles
What? Cancel another dentist appt. to go caching? Glad you have your priorities straight.

Barely. I would have traded todays appointment for sitting in traffic for 3.5 hours! Thank God for Nitrous!

Sorry to hear you had a DNF

I'm not, she's got her fair share of FTF's. She needs to share!

Well, she and I will go and attempt it together later this week, assuming we get there 1st, i'll share my FTF with her, such the pal I am... ;):lol:

Who will be the first to get that M10Bike coin?????

I would have voted me, except I was out of town over the weekend and haven't been watching the new caches and such. Bummer! Somebody by the name of Rieno grabbed it and has only 2 finds to his name. It will be forever and a day before one shows up in our area again probably.

Somebody by the name of Rieno grabbed it and has only 2 finds to his name.

The Frenchman Coulee Rib cache now has a Yellow Jeep, which Reino placed after grabbing the Moun10bike coin. I was heading to Yakima yesterday so I thought I would go after the jeep, but when I arrived it was pouring rain and I wasn't dressed for the weather, so I decided not to look for it. From the parking area, it appeared to be a 1/2 mile hike to the cache. Now if the MB coin was still there, I would have braved the weather, hiked, and got soaked, and it would have been worth it. But the Yellow Jeep wasn't enough incentive, since I have one in my posession now.

Reino seems to have pretty good luck so far. He's found a Yellow Jeep in every cache he's found, and he's found a Moun10bike coin in half of the caches he's found. :o (2 Finds, 2 Jeeps, and 1 MB Coin).

Robinego and xy are diehard cachers! I expected them to be some of the only ones to get my new multi, but I never expected them both to get it on the first day

Xy got it before the sun rose! He's a nice guy, but I'm seriously thinking he is insane! :D (maybe from the 4 boys he has) I was freezing my butt off at 3:30 in the afternoon. It's a long multi, but a beautful area, one of my favorites to walk.

I feel kind of bad for Reino though.

Hmm...I don't. B) I know Toodles has been crazy about getting a coin for ages, we can only hope he decides to drop it back off around here.... :huh: As If!

Talk about long and cold! It took me 5 times around that loop before I got the cache made up right! At least two of the times was with my little kids, and at least two other times mostly in the dark.

Dedication, I tell you. :D

But I sure saw my share of herons and pheasants and other birds! Ah, what bliss! :huh:

Actually it was light by the time I got to the final cache. I love the birds. I did manage to grab my first Yellow Jeep today at Frenchman coulee rib. That was a hoot. Thanks to Moun10Bike and his coin for getting this cache to cross my radar. I was telling my bride about the cache and was so enthusiastic, that she's meeting her sister there tomorrow. The views there are among the most spectacular I've ever seen.

Hey I wonder if these coins will increase the FTF fever? My next hide will contain a Yellow Jeep, a Navigator TB, and a new WA State geocoin. Start your engines everyone

Ahhhh, that sounds like at least two if not three new caches. Were pretty dry in this area right now for caches.

I just hid a new one up the road from Master's Touch. It has a USA Geocoin in it. Still snow free up there. I didn't get to Master's touch because I did a typo while loading the coords. :ph34r: It is called Mountain View. If anybody decides to go after it, please page me at 888-341-0213. Maybe I can send a more winterproof cache container and bigger log book with you.

Edited by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy
Wow! Ambrosia is really outdoing herself! She's hidden 3 new caches in The wenatchee area in just a few days. You're awesome...and ooh so appreciated.

I seem to put out caches in jags.

This spring I put out about 3 or 4 back to back, also.

It's because I have a couple really big and hard ones in my mind, and I'm too busy or lazy to get to them yet. But then the wait builds up and I can't stand it anymore, and then I just HAVE to place a few to make myself feel better. :)

I'm glad that you appreciate it. I really appreciate it when you all put out new caches, too. Thanks!

I'm restricted to having to borrow a GPS, so I haven't even got all of the caches in the area. I'm trying to get to them slowly but surely. :anibad:

The USA geocoin looks like the one I got my boys for easter. We put it in the"Around the world " cache waypoint GCJ40D on easter, and haven't heard a word about it since. :lol: I guess i will have to get a new one and try again..........

I'd say good luck if you're hoping to get mileage out of a geocoin. Geocoins (especially Moun10bike coins) and Yellow Jeeps seem to become collectors items. I bought a USA geocoin once and put it in a local cache. The cache and coin were taken and never heard from again. Many yellow jeeps are disappearing forever too. My guess is the WA State geocoins will also become collectors items.

I think it's sad that the trackable items are kept and not moved on. I know how coveted the M10 coin is, but it's just a coin!.....What good is it going to do sitting in my geo pack? I wonder what the people do with them?.....Do they set them by their bed and admire them every night?......:lol: No, I bet most are logged and forgotten. The one I found last month is going to be passed on. I've almost dropped it in several caches lately. Once I pass it on then that means I'm in the race to find the next one. Yeah!... That's what it's all about. Keep it and pass it on. Make someone else happy. I pull out the little zip lock bag of coins and cool stuff every month or so when I clean out the junk in my geopack and think, why am I keeping this stuff? I think part of being a geocacher is the packrat gene we all carry. My early New Years resolution is to get this stuff moving....yeah right!

I have to agree with GeoRoo there. But the two MTB coins I'm keeping are like keepsakes to me. Memories. ONe was my 200th find and the coin was placed on his 500th find. The other is the very last old version that was put out and chasing the others for the first new coin was a blast that day.

I will probably keep the first new version coin I find, but will move the rest.

I clean out the junk in my geopack and think, why am I keeping this stuff?

That's why I never trade items. I usually Take Nothing Leave Nothing because I don't care about trading junk. I usually never even look to see what's inside the cache, unless I'm looking for a TB or coin I want to help move along. I also enjoy sending out Navigator TBs, and watching their travels. Unfortunately some of them have met their demise. Perhaps someone has one of my Navigator TBs in their trophy cabinet along with other trophies, such as a Yellow Jeep and some geocoins.

Now why anyone would keep a Jeep TB????......It's not like they are rare, so why hang on to it. Just a bit off subject, but I noticed that M10bike changed his coin site from first series to second series. He left out the part about keeping the coin for keeps. Why is that? Maybe I'm new enough on here to have missed that, but if it's trackable on geocaching.com then it should be moved on eventually. I'm sure he spent a good deal of money on those coins and would get much more satisfaction seeing them moved. If I'm wrong Moun10bike please jump in and correct me. The coins I've seen passed on are in special places and have kept with the spirit and intent that I see. EGH, I can understand your sentement, but really do you ever do anything with those coins? After reading NBJ Poppa's post on how he about killed himself trying for a M10 coin didn't you want to try and figure out someway to place a coin in his path without him knowing? I know I sure did. I see another post going that suggests passing one around so you could log it. This to me is like opening my xmas presents and then rewraping them. I suppose it's just a game and doesn't mean much to most, but I like to maintain a level of integrity. Is that wrong?

I can see why geocachers keep Moun10bike geocoins. At this time there have been only 286 or so released, which makes them rarer than the 4000 Yellow Jeeps released. M10bike coins are also usually found in caches with high difficulty ratings. Have you ever heard of a M10bike coin placed in a 1/1 star cache located in a city park? And, they have their own unique tracking. If you go to someones profile page and open the tab called "User Stats", it will show an Icon for the Moun10bike coins (if they found any). I think I read a post from Moun10bike himself, where he doesn't mind people keeping them, and he's sorta flattered by it, but he asks that coins keep moving which already have a lot of miles on them. It would be disheartening to see a coin that has 20,000 miles be taken and never to be seen again. Would I keep a Moun10bike geocoin? Hmmm, probably. Although the only one I ever found, I placed in a cache after keeping it for 3 weeks. Moun10bike placed it in Lion Rock cache on Aug. 2, 2003, I grabbed it the next day (Aug. 3), and I placed it 3 weeks later in a cache on Aug. 26, someone else grabbed it on Aug. 30, and that was the end of its journeys. This was well over a year ago. So that's the way it goes with geocoins (especially M10bike coins). But Yellow Jeeps (and other TBs) disappearing. No comprende.

Edited by The Navigatorz