Street Names Not Displaying

LisaAS36

My Garmin V has stopped displaying street names when I'm using the unit in the car. It will still do it if I have a waypoint destination but if I'm just out riding around it only shows (NSEW). It showed the St. names when I first starting using it, but now I must have turned some option off or did something to disable it. So far I've been unable to find the solution in the OM but thought someone here might know a quick fix.

Thanks,

Lisa

From the map page, do the following...

• Press Menu
  • Highlight "Setup Map" and press enter
  • Highlight "Lock On Road" and select "ON"
Press "page" and it should return back to the map page with road names dislplayed. Hope this helps.

KYtrex

-----------------

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left

quote:
Originally posted by KYtrex:

From the map page, do the following...+ Press Menu+ Highlight "Setup Map" and press enter+ Highlight "Lock On Road" and select "ON"Press "page" and it should return back to the map page with road names dislplayed. Hope this helps.

KYtrex

-----------------

Just dont forget to turn it off again when you leave the car to search for a cache.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Just dont forget to turn it off again when you leave the car to search for a cache.

When you get as close to the cache as you can get by driving, do a recalculate and select "offroad". The unit automatically turns road lock off. On firmware 2.08 you will have to turn road lock back on manually unless you do a "goto" that is not "off road". If my memory serves me right(it usually doesn't icon_frown.gif), previous firmware versions turned road lock back on when you ended your offroad goto.

KYtrex

-----------------