New Amishhacker Logo's

Finally, the AmishHacker has a new look. These new logos were created by Josh Smith from Indianapolis IN. He did a great job!!!

d84a15d0-dfdb-4f6f-94a2-bd37a6418eef.jpg

dd672e72-3337-4075-856e-7aac7aab730c.jpg

Here are the old AmishHacker logo's

155215_200.jpg

155215_500.jpg

Has anyone else created a Geocaching character with unique logo's? I am not talking about taking a pop culture image or character and using it....Sorry Team GPSaxophone, CO Admin, and more :lol: ..... and not just southpark characters...something that goes with you name?

Any comments on the logos would be nice also :D

Other than that, it's very cool and always brings a chuckle. I can't help but think of the old DALnet channel "Amish Rake Fight" and the "Electric Amish" band.

In the ol' AOL days I used to take great joy in starting the "Amish Chat" room, just to see who'd show up.

Bret

Has anyone else created a Geocaching character with unique logo's?  I am not talking about taking a pop culture image or character and using it....Sorry Team GPSaxophone, CO Admin, and more :lol: ..... and not just southpark characters...something that goes with you name?

I love your logo and caching name; it definitely has that ironic humor to it.

I obviously did not create my logo, but it does directly coincide with my caching name and heritage.

Your avatar's pretty cool. BTW, my grandparents live near Lancaster, PA and last September I was able to ride a Mennonite horse buggy near their retirement community. The Mennonite woman driving it told us the difference between a Mennonite buggy (black in color, rubber "tire" on wheels) and an Amish buggy (grey in color, no rubber "tire"-just the metal wheel). Just some Amish and Mennonite trivia.

I stumbled across the graphic for my family's avatar after we had been caching for a short time. A little work with a graphics editor and I managed to get everyone's nickname to surround it. Not quite unique, but definitely special to us.

Now we just have to come up with another nickname and re-work the graphic when we complete our adoption from China in about a year. Of course that'll be EASY compared to the adoption paperwork! :lol:

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

Has anyone else created a Geocaching character with unique logo's? I am not talking about taking a pop culture image or character and using it....Sorry Team GPSaxophone, CO Admin, and more :D ..... and not just southpark characters...something that goes with you name?

Way cool logos, really nice work, especially the two new ones. I always admired your original one too.

As for my avatar, it's not actually a logo per se, nor have I created it for geocaching (it's older), but at least it's 100% my creation. Does it go with my name... :lol: ...I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. :D

I'm just getting rolling on the forums, but so far, this is my "normal" avatar: b6d8c2ac-544d-45ce-a6d1-2247fddfd2f9.jpg

I do a bit of 3D rendering as a hobby (there are hobbies other than GeoCaching?!), and "Sir Chauncy" is a character model I did a little while back (based somewhat on myself) as an experiment in subsumption coding and model construction (huh? :lol: ), with a distinct possibility of seeing future use in other projects.

The way the render file is set up, I can easily modify it for a given occasion.

A couple of "special event" avatars that I've done:

Cinco de Mayo - e741a2b2-673b-4ff5-a038-1ef849023940.jpg

Mother's Day - cd9012a9-140c-4e2c-86b7-bee5fc0f078b.jpg

I've also got a few waiting in the wings for "just the right time".

As to your own images, I like them a lot. I'm especially partial to the "screen glow" one.

Your avatar's pretty cool. BTW, my grandparents live near Lancaster, PA and last September I was able to ride a Mennonite horse buggy near their retirement community. The Mennonite woman driving it told us the difference between a Mennonite buggy (black in color, rubber "tire" on wheels) and an Amish buggy (grey in color, no rubber "tire"-just the metal wheel). Just some Amish and Mennonite trivia.

I live near Yoder, KS, the largest Mennonite and Amish community in the state. For years, the Amish weren't allowed to use air in their tires, but the state would not allow them to use their steel wheels on the highways. They compromised and would split a rubber tractor tire and place it over the steel wheels (they often drive their tractors into the bigger cities to do their shopping), but would not have air in them. A few years back, there was a huge rift in the Amish community nationwide when the governing council decided that it would now be ok to use air in their tires! The old hardliners think that is blasphemy and now won't associate with the younger crowd of "air users". They cannot have electricity in their houses, but are allowed to have it in the barns. They cannot own cars, but can drive other people's cars. The teenagers are allowed (and encouraged) to go out on Friday nights and rip up the town. Once they reach a certain age (not sure what it is now) they must settle down, get married, and become respectable members of the community. This was great for all of us guys in high school, as we could buy a six-pack, go down to the grain elevator in Yoder, and all the girls would be sitting in a wagon waiting. Each carried a dufflebag full of "modern" clothes; jeans, t-shirts, etc. that they would change into for their night out. And man, could those girls party!!! All that "tension" that was built up through the week was released in a few hours every weekend......oh, my....the memories!

Ok, enough history. Love the new logo, Amish Hacker!!

No buttons, eh? Wow, ya learn something new every day...thanks, I never knew that!

....you get great prices, and awesome produce from the amish around here. and I always wondered why they have all their clothes pinned on! ...buttons not allowed. wow. didn't know either.

Actually, buttons are allowed, but they must be hidden. All blouses, shirts, and pants have buttons that are covered by a flap of cloth. No, they cannot use zippers, snaps, or velcro, either.

Velcro's too high tech huh?

Velcro (hook and loop closures) was invented when a guy was trying to remove burrs fron his spaniel. Burrs and spaniels are pretty low tech. So I guess the Amish could use could use burrs and spaniel pelts to make flys for thier jeans. :(

No buttons, eh? Wow, ya learn something new every day...thanks, I never knew that!

....you get great prices, and awesome produce from the amish around here. and I always wondered why they have all their clothes pinned on! ...buttons not allowed. wow. didn't know either.

Actually, buttons are allowed, but they must be hidden. All blouses, shirts, and pants have buttons that are covered by a flap of cloth. No, they cannot use zippers, snaps, or velcro, either.

Magnets! :(

Okay, yeah. That was pretty silly.

Actually, there is no "governing council" of Amish churches. Each congrgation has its own bishops and sets it own rules. Most congrgations keep their rules the same as or similar to the group they spun off from, unless they are a schism group. So some Amish have telephones, but in their barns only, some have telephones, but only out at the roadside (at buggy height), some have telephones, but in home-made wooden booths out in the yard. None yet have telephones in their houses. Give it a few years... then some congrgation's bishops will decide that it's OK to have a telephone in the home, but only if it's wired to the wall - no cell phones!

(Although an Amish girl at the market near me did pull a cell phone out of her pocket one day... but she wasn't "of age" yet, so the strict rules don't yet apply, as someone else pointed out.)

The girls at the market also wear running shoes, not the black brogans I used to associate with that sect. BUT - they aren't allowed to wear Velco - their shoes must lace up. Why? Just to make sure there's a visible difference to remind them that they aren't us. And they try to do nothing that interferes with their strong sense of community.

Amish Geocaching is different, too. They can't use GPS - too high tech. They still cache using dowsing rods. :(

[edited for typo]

Edited by Bayberry

I wouldn’t say our logo is all that creative, but it is easy to see and recognize. We like to create 4ager graffiti when we are out and about. As demonstrated here. I also got pretty creative with the image below… I made a little interactive on our website too.

4agers_animated.gif

I’ve thought about having someone more creative do something with ours, but I’m just not sure. Probably the biggest problem we have had is with our name... everyone wants to call us "4" "agers" and not foragers.

Has anyone else created a Geocaching character with unique logo's?  I am not talking about taking a pop culture image or character and using it....Sorry Team GPSaxophone, CO Admin, and more :D ..... and not just southpark characters...something that goes with you name?

I did ours based on a photo we took of a really large black bear that decided to come and visit us a couple of years ago at our place up in the mountains in PA. There are bird feeders up there that we refill every time we go up (mainly for the squirrels and chipmunks, they're more fun to watch than the birds), and a bear hadn't been seen on the place in 20 years until this guy showed up. He definitely had a taste for sunflower seeds -- enjoyed the buffet so much that he hung around for a couple of hours and had to lay down and take a 20-minute nap in the middle of the feast. My husband snapped a pic while he was sacked out, and I made him a logo for his homemade wines based on the picture. His homebrew uses the logo and the name "Napping Bear Winery," both of which seemed like a natural choice for an avatar and a team name when we got into geocaching.

113b7ac6-84ef-4eaa-8660-8e62ccd38682.jpg

BTW, we see bears up there every spring and fall now -- the bear population up there is definitely on the upswing. Went up a couple of weekends ago and had to spend a day repairing a large hole under the windows of the glassed-in porch. Seems a bear decided it liked the rug I had in there ands tried to remove it and all the furniture sitting on it through a hole he punched through the outside wall. He didn't manage to get the rug entirely out, so he settled for the dog bed, which we found shredded to bits down at the end of the lane. Good thing the dumb beagle wasn't on it when that happened... :(

Ohhhhh how did I miss that! :(

The soldiers in Europe who had persecuted them wore uniforms with bright brass buttons and mustaches. For this reason, the Amish don’t use buttons

Ummmm.....I believe it goes back much further than that.....buttons were considered "ornamental", and they are not to have anything flashy or ornamental in their homes or attire....nothing to do with persecution, religious beliefs are the reason. The Amish don't hold grudges, therefore, even if they were persecuted, they would not use that as a reason to alter their attire.

They cannot have electricity in their houses, but are allowed to have it in the barns.

I was in Lancaster County PA on a tour of the Amish countryside and I noticed the electric lines running to the barns, but not the houses. I asked why, and here's the answer I was given.

As the Amish farmers started getting mortgages to aquire farms, they were required to have hazard insurance the same way the rest of us who own homes have home owners insurance. Insurance companies would not allow oil lanterns in the farm buildings where hay and straw accumulate due to the fire hazard. Therefore, they are required (for insurance purposes) to have electric lights in the barns.

They cannot have electricity in their houses, but are allowed to have it in the barns.

I was in Lancaster County PA on a tour of the Amish countryside and I noticed the electric lines running to the barns, but not the houses. I asked why, and here's the answer I was given.

As the Amish farmers started getting mortgages to aquire farms, they were required to have hazard insurance the same way the rest of us who own homes have home owners insurance. Insurance companies would not allow oil lanterns in the farm buildings where hay and straw accumulate due to the fire hazard. Therefore, they are required (for insurance purposes) to have electric lights in the barns.

I'd heard that before, too. There are a lot of things they do for a reason. Also, the state of Kansas is going to start taxing their buggies next year for the first time ever. They've already built wider shoulders on the major roadways around Yoder to accomodate the buggies and tractors, and to make it safer for them. This was done back in the late '70s. Still, every year there are about half a dozen accidents with cars vs. buggies.

Hmm... Red Clover.. well it has a double meaning I guess. I'm a red head so that one is obvious. My great-grandmother was a full blooded Blackfoot Indian and taught me a bit about the herbs that were used in her culture historically. Red Clover was used to treat many womens aliments (usually reproductive in nature). So I've been red clover for well over 10 yrs. I thought about trying to get create a 4 leaf clover reading a book.. but alas I am not at all that talented. Then of course I would be the "well read clover". OK OK.. i feel the lameness washing over me. I'm going to sulk now :)

My avatar is an original design, but it predates geocaching by about 10 years. The user name followed the sketch. It's actually short for "Alonzo Neferttiti, the Dino-Super-Prophet". Don't ask for any more details, that's pretty much all there is.

I probably should have posted this in this thread. That said, I like the logo a lot, as well as the concept behind it.

Edited by Dinoprophet

I've been creating Radman cartoons since I was in the 7th grade, about 7 years ago. He first was called Shyman, but I later called him Radman. I've used the Radman name for my Yahoo! account and anything I would sign up for.

74087_2200.jpg

Radman Version 2.0

*Created September of 2002*

74087_2600.JPG

Radman, Seven of Eight

*Created December of 2003

74087_3100.jpg

Radman, The Fat Radish

*Image taken from some website, March of 2004*

73b385af-7c46-4146-96df-e8f10a1796da.jpg

Radman Version 3.0

*Created April of 2004*

I'm even creating a new sig card with the three I drew called THE EVELUTION OF RADMAN. I think it will be cool. Later on I'll create a Version 4.0, hopefully later, since I have done a lot of character changes lately.