Reactivating Tb Tag With Duplicate

weRlostNDwoods

B) Wondering, is there anyway to take our original travel bug out of "Unknown Location", completely wipe it out, as it's been gone for so long that we never expect to hear from it again! We've emailed the people and heard back from them in the past with promises of placing it soon...We've waited patiently between emails...but last time we inquired about our TB, we never heard from them. :mad: It's been so long now, that we are sure we can kiss this bug goodbye. We still have the duplicate tag and would like to refresh this tag and start anew! Is there anyway of doing that? Thanks for any help!!!

I hope your plan of action was to buy a new bug rather than deleting all the original handling logs of your bug.

I have 5 bugs in the same condition. If I ever re-start them it will be with all the original logs in place - a continuation of the adventure.

But... I cannot even consider restarting any travel bugs or buying new ones until a certain travel bug gets released from its 8 month bondage in the hands of the travel bug traders of Utah. It has only been in the hands of several cachers with abnormally high tb find counts since September and has not been available to the general caching public. And that SUCKS!

I'm in the process of restarting two of my early Travel Bugs, having confirmed their MIA status (or at least "confirmed" enough for me).

Heading to SoCal, ButterShug made it from Maryland to San Francisco before going MIA along with the cache it was in. The cache has been confirmed missing and archived for some time now, without word from the original ButterShug, so we've decided it's gone for good. I'm restarting it from Florida, still trying to get to SoCal.

Travelling from Florida to Maryland, Go North! only made it a few hops before going MIA in the hands of cachers. I had e-mail contact in which they told me of their plans to take it camping with them, but after many months of no word, further e-mails have bounced, and their account shows no activity since about the time they picked up my Bug. I'm restarting this one as well.

ButterShug's twin, ShutterBug, made it all the way to SoCal, and is getting ready to begin its return trip with a new camera.

In all of these cases, I've left all of the previous logs intact.

I have one more MIA bug, Miccosukee, which has been out of circulation for about half a year. I've dropped e-mail to the last known holder, asking (nicely) for a status report. If I don't hear anything after a while, I'll restart Miccosukee from here, with a replacement tag and "emergency backup bear".

I generally don't see any problems with recycling Travel Bugs that go missing; I bought the tag and with it, the right to use the tag number to track my item, whatever it may be. I don't really see the logic behind abandoning a number if one should go missing. I do think that it's a good idea to leave the old logs intact though, as a coutesy to those cachers who found the bug in its previous incarnation.

Thank you all for your replies. What we did was, just changed the name and look of our travel bug and set it out in a new cache we started yesterday. Our TB was originally started in a new cache just in time for July 4th of last year. It was picked up soon after by newbies, who have not visited the site since February of this year. Luckily, since we restarted it, with it's new name and copy tag, it's showing that it's traveled 0 miles. So, we're pleased to hopefully have this one on it's way soon! :lol:

Edited by weRlostNDwoods

UPDATE! Our new TB, made with the copy tag has been taken, logged in the cache log, but not logged online! Not posted as taken, nor did they even post finding the cache online. We give up! If we start any new travel bugs it won't be locally. We're thinking of just giving up on travel bugs altogether! Caching is fun and we love placing them, but TB's don't seem to be working in our town! :sad:

There was no need to delete any logs of our original TB taken, because the first time around it had been taken by apparent newbies who never logged, as well! :blink: If it originally had been taken by posters, we would have saved those posts! :lol:

Edited by weRlostNDwoods