Homemade .gpx??

B) We have an event coming up at which there will be some temporary caches hidden...

What I'd like to be able to do is, Create my own gpx file either with GSAK or Easy GPS... The problem is that with these there is no provision to enter any HINTS or extra information... Then, I'd like to plucker them so that people with palms would be able to see the .html pages I'd produce and share via beaming..

Anyone have any idea how to get hints into the .gpx file?

Thanks for any ideas!

Bill

Team Flushingrouse :mad:

Just add the hints manually in a text editor. Find the long description (<Groundspeak:long_description> ... </Groundspeak:long_description>) for the cache and insert the hint after it like this:

<Groundspeak:encoded_hints> This is the text of the hint (it should not be encrypted). </Groundspeak:encoded_hints>

Or you can also use an xml editor such as the one at http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/ to edit an existing gpx file.

B) We have an event coming up at which there will be some temporary caches hidden...

What I'd like to be able to do is, Create my own gpx file either with GSAK or Easy GPS...  The problem is that with these there is no provision to enter any HINTS or extra information...  Then, I'd like to plucker them so that people with palms would be able to see the .html pages I'd produce and share via beaming.. 

Anyone have any idea how to get hints into the .gpx file?

Thanks for any ideas!

Bill

Team Flushingrouse :mad:

If your are using GSAK, just add any extra information you want as a "user note".

This extra information will show up as the first log in your HTML output. You can also add photos this way and they will show up in your plucker generated files.

Edited to add photo information

Edited by ClydeE