60cs Verses The 76cs

Here we go,

I know right now all we have to go on is what Garmin says the 76cs will be like but I think we can make a good guess. I have the hots for a new GPSr. I like my Legend but I am ready to step up. Should I wait for the 76CS or go with the 60CS? I think the negative to the 76cs is it will cost me about $75.00 more and I would be giving up the Geocaching Feature. The upside is more than double the memory. Having not used the geocaching feature on a 60cs I am interested in what you all have to say. Mind you that the unit will be used for hiking, geocaching and driving in that order.

Please advise

I'm waiting for one. I had the 60cs on order and when they announed the 76cs I bit - note - I bit, I haven't gotten to eat yet. The price difference of the 76cs over the 60cs is more like $35-45, depending on where you get it. That's a lot of memory for $35. Form factor is different, some like it - some don't.

The new 76 series Garmin page says it has "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers", what this really means is anyones guess but I'm assuming it doesn't have the same rec. as in the 60 series.

You can get a 60 series now - no one knows when they'll start shipping the 76 series. GPSCity is moving the date out by 7 days now which is an improvement over the month they were using earlier.

I'm waiting for one. I had the 60cs on order and when they announed the 76cs I bit - note - I bit, I haven't gotten to eat yet. The price difference of the 76cs over the 60cs is more like $35-45, depending on where you get it. That's a lot of memory for $35. Form factor is different, some like it - some don't.

The new 76 series Garmin page says it has "brand-new state-of-the-art receivers", what this really means is anyones guess but I'm assuming it doesn't have the same rec. as in the 60 series.

You can get a 60 series now - no one knows when they'll start shipping the 76 series. GPSCity is moving the date out by 7 days now which is an improvement over the month they were using earlier.

Ditto... I'll take double memory over geocaching feature any day...

And.. I had owned a 76s and loved it.

Ditto... I'll take double memory over geocaching feature any day...

And.. I had owned a 76s and loved it.

The increased memory is a plus for me...my one dislike...your hands are covering the screen while you are pushing the menu buttons due to the way you have to hold the unit...60cs is much more intuitive to hold, and easier for one handed operation of buttons.