What If Someone See's You Find A Cache And....?

Milbank

What if someone see's you find a cache and you just know if you put it back they will end up taking it.

What should you do.

Should you take the cache from the location and put it back later, hours later, days later...?

Should you place it in a different spot and let the owner know?

from what we've learned by reading these forums, you sometimes end up telling a passerby about the sport if you've been caught. If you explain it with great enthusiasm and also talk about how we cachers respect nature, I think most people would then just leave it alone. You might even interest someone enough that they end up joining in on the fun. I don't think the owners of a cache would be very happy if you removed it.

Edited by Boot Group
from what we've learned by reading these forums, you sometimes end up telling a passerby about the sport if you've been caught. If you explain it with great enthusiasm and also talk about how we cachers respect nature, I think most people would then just leave it alone. You might even interest someone enough that they end up joining in on the fun. I don't think the owners of a cache would be very happy if you removed it.

Yes and no. It really depends upon the individual whom caught you with the cache open. You need to follow your gut instincts and decide if this person is a friendly muggle or a hostile muggle. If hostile, then by all means do take it and make arrangements with the owner. There's nothing more frustrating than having a cache plundered afterwards because you felt obligated to put it back in the face of accidental discovery. It can always go back upon the owner's request but it is rarely ever recoverd upon being plundered.

What if someone see's you find a cache and you just know if you put it back they will end up taking it.

What should you do.

Should you take the cache from the location and put it back later, hours later, days later...?

Should you place it in a different spot and let the owner know?

Dead men tell no tales.

'Nuff said. :mad: