Any Cache-maps Of The Blueridge?

Planning 3 weeks in NC, within miles of the BlueRidge Parkway. I want to be able to drive the parkway from Cherokee at it's south end to the state line north and hike to caches within a mile of the Parkway. There must be hundreds of beautiful vistas already scoped out by the professionals and offered to the masses, with appropriate cache locations.

I use a Dell Axim 5x, with two 512mb SD cards for maps, and both a Deluo CF GPS card and a Fourtuna Bluetooth GPS.

I have National Geographic's Backroads TOPO set, and Routis, and TomTom's USA set, and can request individual Pocket Queries for multiple sites along the route.

I have planned to use NG's Backroads TOPO base maps and learn to merge multiple Queries into a full NC TOPO database to get cache locations to appear on my drives along the Parkway. Is there any other easier way? Is there any known link to a "Blueridge Geocaching Society", or such, offering a ready made "end to end" database in any PPC format just for us day-trippers? I plan to try my technique using an old laptop as a database compiler for the whole trip, but worry that my learning curve may exceed my vacation time. Also, does anyone have or know of a step-by-step procedure guide for getting multiple Pocket Queries merged with NG's Backroads TOPO into a PPC running Bluetooth GPS? I need to learn, but also need to finish roofing the house before we leave. Any help finding the appropriate tutorials or "solutions page" would be greatly appreciated. (...for the cache-mapping, not the roof. I was already told to hire it out before I step on ANOTHER nail.) :mad:

I placed a topo map of geocaches on the National Geographic map exchange site. I guarantee that these maps may be out of date as they were made last year. Just look under North Carolina state series and you should find Caches of the Pisgah National Forest. I live in Brevard NC, let me know if I can help you further.

I think you can use GSAK to merge your files. Maybe quake map can help?

Nuwati

Edited by Nuwati

Correct me if I'm wrong. (And it's very likely that I am :mad: ) But doesn't alot of the Blue Ridge Parkway go through the Shenandoah National Park and other National Parks and Forests? Both of which caching is banned in?

Okay, I now see that you're only doing the parkway in north carolina. Forget what I said...

Edited by TeamK-9