Mother's Day Caching

Ooh, I'm a first-time mom-to-be, does that count? That's actually been a big topic of debate..albeit a playful one...here at the Camaro household.

I would love to go caching on Sunday, and we may even get a chance. But then I have church and we're possible cooking out with friends, and no one had better even try to call during the Survivor finale...so, yeah, if there's time, I'll be out on the trail!

Paula :lol:

B) Thats what were planning on doing. The troops will be going to church than making breakfast for Mother's Day while I watch, then out caching. Now if we can just get Grandma to go we'll be all set :mad:

We also plan on cooking out with our neighbors. We're having my husband's famous dry-rub ribs and our neighbor is making his famous grilled scallops. I hope we have time to do one or two caches. We are currently at 29 found, so it would be nice to get to 30! I have to be home by 8 as well for Survivor!

Mrs. Okie is taking both kids to her mother tomorrow after church. Thankfully, I will (allegedly) be staying home, tilling the garden and cleaning the gutters.

Or not. I can probably get the tilling done in an hour and the gutters... well... they can wait for another weekend.

-E

We're going. I made an egg soufflé to put in the oven so we can have breakfast before heading out in the morning. The pages are printed and in order and the caching bag is packed and ready. My daughter is joining us for the day, too. It will be her first time geocaching. I think it will be a great day!

Well, our daughter woke up with a fever, so we had to skip church so we didn't infect the other kids. Even though she had a fever, I felt sure we might be able to to to a local cache that's not too much walking. After all, fresh air is good for you right? Then, we made it to my son's soccer game at noon, where it proceeded to pour for the entire game. The poor kid was soaked and it was a raw 52 degrees out. They won though, 4-0. It was still pouring when we arrived back home, so we thought we would wait it out for a while. By the time the sun came out at 3:30, it was too late because our Mother's Day company were due at 4:30. So, we didn't get to our 30th find today.

So that's the bad news. The good news is I have two adorable kids who presented me with the cutest hand made mother's day cards this morning. My awesome husband made waffles with heated Vermont Maple Syrup and some thick bacon for breakfast. For dinner, we had a mixture of ribs, scallops, and salmoln all prepared by my husband and neighbor. They even did the dishes afterwards!

So, we didn't get to cache today, yet it was a great mother's day nevertheless. I hope all of you had a nice day too. Now, hopefully the person I'm rooting for in Survivor ends up winning!

Edited by Boot Group

Mother's Day was also my Birthday - so I got a two for one. My husband and girls did my gifts as a cache. He had it all planned out. It was a multi. We had a blast. And, it was at night time as well. So - it was the best Mother's Day and Birthday I have ever had.

Momma GeoGryffindor