Pq Delays??

Team DEMP

Hmmm - no pocket query delivered today? When I look at my PQ list, it shows one of my 2 PQs scheduled for today (Friday) but last run at 5/3/04 @ 8:12am.

Anyone got any ideas? This PQ is scheduled to run every Fri,Sat,Sun & Mon. My other PQ is scheduled to run on Sun & Mon.

David

This PQ is scheduled to run every Fri,Sat,Sun & Mon. My other PQ is scheduled to run on Sun & Mon.

I'm having the same problem. My guess is the above post answered its own question... There are probably a lot of people that run a PQ on Friday (as well as the rest of the weekend) that don't normally run them during the week. I'm sure as it keeps warming up in the northern hemisphere that this will cause trouble for timely weekend PQs. For the most part the system's working great with sending PQs out early in the day. I'm spoiled lately! Hopefully they can come up with a cure for the occasional late/missed days.

I see it just ran: 5/7/2004 6:12:30 PM

I guess I'll have it in the morning so I can load up GSAK and see what I can hit in the new close by caches before we head off to the Little League field.

Hope everyone else gets theres. Maybe someone jump started the PQ Generator :lol:

Same problem here. 3 PQ that have run according to the mycachepage, but none of them arrived in my mailbox. Even tried two different email addresses, so it's not the provider filtering them out (I'm dead sure mine doesn't anyway)

cheers,

Gert

Looking at the headers for 4 of the 5 PQs that were to have run yesterday it looks like there are some serious delays in the mail servers for Groundspeak. It took over 12 hours after they ran for all of the PQs to get to me. I am still missing one that ran but has yet to show up.

Received: from bender.Groundspeak.com (bender.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.173])
       by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8E297133174
       for <censored>; Fri,  7 May 2004 08:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mail pickup service by bender.Groundspeak.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
        Fri, 7 May 2004 01:49:26 -0700 

This one had a 7 hour internal delay between "bender" and "signal" yesterday.

The problem appears to be occuring with todays PQ's as well.

I see it just ran: 5/7/2004 6:12:30 PM

I guess I'll have it in the morning so I can load up GSAK and see what I can hit in the new close by caches before we head off to the Little League field.

Hope everyone else gets theres. Maybe someone jump started the PQ Generator :lol:

Well, it's 7am Sat morning and I haven't yet received the PQ that was generated at 9:12pm Fri night (10 hours ago).

If anyone is interested in see the mail delays, I have a web page that will show you. Just copy the headers from your mail message and paste them into the page at http://www.levinecentral.com/mail_parse and it will show the delays between each hop.

Same here, glad we're paying for this option!!! I know Jeremy says he's working on things, but man this site has just got ridiculous to use. Even though I'm basically on a T1 line it like old school and I'm using a 14.4k modem in actuality. Sucks! I love the site completely except for the removal of the new caches from the main page and the performance of the site.

So I sit here and twiddle my thumbs waiting for my PQ's that says were posted 4-5hrs ago.

Received: from signal.Groundspeak.com ([63.251.163.165]) 
    Sat, 08 May 2004 03:59:13 -0700 
Received: from hal.Groundspeak.com (hal.Groundspeak.com [63.251.163.175]) 
    by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 87678136A1D 
    Fri, 7 May 2004 22:49:44 -0700 (PDT) 

:mad:B);) Even for normal found log e-mails, there is a big delay. :mad:B)B)

--Marky

I have two pocket querys that state they were ran yesterday one at 9:15 or so and the other at 10:44 but neither came and I need the last one for an event I'm already late for...

I feel for ya. We were waiting for ours to go out of town. We ended up having to use a very stale version of the query. :mad: Oh well. B)

--Marky

There is a large email queue right now, so I have alleviated the problem with future queries by sending them directly instead of through the mail server. New queries that run should go through quickly if they have been listed as generated.

There is a large email queue right now, so I have alleviated the problem with future queries by sending them directly instead of through the mail server. New queries that run should go through quickly if they have been listed as generated.

What would you expect "go through quickly" to mean? I have not gotten any PQ's since Thursday and I even had one generated at 6:49 am this morning after you posted your message. I have not gotten that one either.

6c2e7a11-5842-4876-af0e-394b570fa6ba.jpg

Thanks,

Rocket Man

Edit: I guess I jumped the gun a little. Just after posting this message, the one that was generated at 6:49 am showed up. There is still no sign of any of the others from Yesterday or Today though. Looks like the change did some good for new PQ's.

Edited by Rocket Man
Jeremy:

Similar question. I haven't received the e-mail for a PQ generated 5/7/2004 8:40:15 PM .

It is still in a mail queue? (If so, I'll wait patiently. If it's lost, I'll regenerate it.)

Mine arrived about 24 hours after they were generated.

(Just for anyone keeping track. I understand they'll be faster from now on....)

Finally did get all my PQs from yesterday.

But has anybody else not gotten their PQs from today as they expected? I had 5 set up to run today. These were new PQs so in the past they have run a minute or so after midnight PST. By around 5 am I saw they have still not run. I deleted and then recreated them. Now a little more than two hours later they still have not run. Usually new PQs run a minute or so after creation.

Seems like at this point there is some other problem.

But has anybody else not gotten their PQs from today as they expected?

I have a PQ scheduled to run today and it hasn't run yet. It last ran on Thursday, so it may be lower on the priority list...but I agree this sounds like a problem.

I think in the past Jeremy sometimes has to restart the PQ process when it fails.

Has anyone had their PQs run today?

I deleted and then recreated them. Now a little more than two hours later they still have not run. Usually new PQs run a minute or so after creation.

I am seeing this:

1) Newly created PQ appears on the My Pocket Queries (MPQ) page

2) Click preview, yes there are results.

3) But the PQ never gets run

4) About 15-20 minutes later, it completely disappears from the MPQ page, as if it never existed at all.

5) Rinse, repeat

I agree, there is some other problem now.

I haven't run a pocket quary but still am not receiving any e-mails about cache watches or other notices. Are they lost in the pocket things? Not one word from geo for 24 hours and I know that there has been activity on the ones I am watching.

I can't figure out why I am not receiving e-mails. I even sent in a new cache and haven't received the notice of request that usually follows. As far as I know, I am not doing anything different but I must be doing something wrong. Help

I seem to have really messed up my account. I need help. I tried to change my e-mail to see if notices would come through but then it said I needed a varification code but that needs to come by e-mail and I didn't get any e-mails, and it locked down my account and now I can't do anything. I even opened it all on another computer to see if something had happened. Is there somewhere I can go to get help? I can't receive it through e-mails it seems since I have not even received my varification code by e-mail.

I seem to have really messed up my account.

I went ahead and revalidated your account for you, but if you aren't getting any emails from us, you may want to double-check your address to make sure everything looks ok. That's the primary reason we send new validation codes when account info is changed.