Faulty Garmin Etrex Yellow ?

I received a Garmin Extrex yellow today and think it is faulty. When the unit is switched on, the LCD display is "off centre" to the left by about 3mm, i.e. not perfectly centred.

Also, the black "frame" on the front of the display isn't symmetrical - the left side is a couple of mm narrower than the right.

Could anyone with this unit please have a look at theirs and advise me before I return it?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

I received a Garmin Extrex yellow today and think it is faulty. When the unit is switched on, the LCD display is "off centre" to the left by about 3mm, i.e. not perfectly centred.

Also, the black "frame" on the front of the display isn't symmetrical - the left side is a couple of mm narrower than the right.

Could anyone with this unit please have a look at theirs and advise me before I return it?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

No it's fine. My Venture has the same assymetrical black front to it. The LCD display under it is well centered in the window though. I think as long as there is nothing rattling or moving about inside it that it is OK.

:mad: I've never notice, but mine looks like that too. It's more than a year old and I've never seen that. The etrex is working fine. I also dropped it last week (~2m on a concrete floor) and it is still working. A very robust GPS B) Edited by oa