Your Own Tb For Your Miles

Polgara

I have a TB that i have not yet activated. I would like to use it to track my own miles geocaching. I realize these are not the actual miles, since its all by the crow, but that is fine for me.

DO many people do this, and if you are one of the peolpe that does this, which method below do you use:

1 - Take your bug to a cache. Log it in and out. Then take it to tne next cache, etc.

OR

2 - Log your bug into the nearest cache of your starting point of your home, then log the bug into the cache you find, then log the bug back into the cache closest to your home to account for all the actual miles to and from your starting spot, and not just from cache to cache.

Well?

This is my personal Geocoin that I use for that purpose. I started by logging it into my cache that is very close to my home, and then just log it in and out of each cache I find. I don't bother logging it back to my closest cache, it's just too much trouble to do it that way. It's just a way for me to keep track of my travels, and the order in which I've found all my caches.

I know there are a lot of people who do this, but I'm not sure how others go about it, either. If you go to a cache page, and click the link to view the "Bug History", you'll find an awful lot of them that way.

I have a TB that i have not yet activated. I would like to use it to track my own miles geocaching. I realize these are not the actual miles, since its all by the crow, but that is fine for me.

DO many people do this, and if you are one of the peolpe that does this, which method below do you use:

1 - Take your bug to a cache. Log it in and out. Then take it to tne next cache, etc.

OR

2 - Log your bug into the nearest cache of your starting point of your home, then log the bug into the cache you find, then log the bug back into the cache closest to your home to account for all the actual miles to and from your starting spot, and not just from cache to cache.

Well?

I don't know how many people do it, but Here's Mine!

I simply log it into and then out of every cache I visit. To keep things clean, I delete the Retrive entries since they only serve to mess things up.

McWeb Log Bug is mine! I just started it a couple of days ago. I wanted to track all of my previous caches, so I went back and entered a drop and receive to each for my bug(on the day and order they were found). I then consolidated all the previous info and wrote 2 notes in my bug's log telling total miles traveled and other info. I save the map (old style) and posted it with my note. Then I went back and deleted all logs. That way it didn't add up my cache find totals. From this point on I plan on taking it to each cache I go to. My plan is just to go from cache to cache, and not back home in between.

McWeb :lol:

We just started this this year. We've have one for each of us. Dad's Addiction, Mom's Cachin' Tag, Ember's TB, & Aspen's TB.

I log them into our finds based on who was present, and carry them with us when we geocache. Our intent is just to keep a record of who made what find, add any personal observations, have a record of our visits.

If we see another geocacher at the hide or event, we invite them to log us.

:lol: Started mine 3 weeks ago,did not go back and log it into all my previous caches as it would take too much time,I have almost 300 finds.

Yeah, there's no way I would have done my past caches with that many under my belt. I only have 30 finds, and I almost gave up in the middle of logging those.

:mad: Started mine 3 weeks ago,did not go back and log it into all my previous caches as it would take too much time,I have almost 300 finds.

Yeah, there's no way I would have done my past caches with that many under my belt. I only have 30 finds, and I almost gave up in the middle of logging those.

I think I had less than 15 finds when I got my geocoin, so back-logging wasn't too hard. I got mine from EricK as a trade for a lanyard for his Legend.