O.t.f.?

Fergus and I were OTFs on this one, as it was removed shortly after we left it (we re-hid it just as well as it was originally hidden, honest). I went to great effort to "trade even or trade up" for the little multi-tool thingy too, leaving several items in exchange for it. :P

I think we had another OTF in there somewhere too, but I can't remember which one it was at the moment.

I always feel bad when I'm a "last to find", because I end up wondering if I tipped off a muggle, or maybe didn't re-hide the cache well enough. :P

Sure you've been the FTF, probably even the L.T.F.

Ever been the Only To Find?

I had that experience on this cache.

Just wondering how (un)common this is.

I am OTF on a few, but most of them are still active, so they'll probably be found by others. I know you have your sights on at least one of them :P

As to the specific cache you brought up, Bull Moose, why did Fled pull that cache anyway? He sounds pretty upset that people didn't hunt it during a specific season, but I never knew that seasonal caches could get approved in the first place.

As to the specific cache you brought up, Bull Moose, why did Fled pull that cache anyway? He sounds pretty upset that people didn't hunt it during a specific season, but I never knew that seasonal caches could get approved in the first place.

You know how temperomental bats can be.

I specifically went and got that cache that day after he posted that note in hopes that he wouldn't pull it if someone found it. He has another cache that's been around longer with only one finder that he hasn't pulled, so who knows.

I don't think he meant it to be seasonal.

You know how temperomental bats can be.

I specifically went and got that cache that day after he posted that note in hopes that he wouldn't pull it if someone found it. He has another cache that's been around longer with only one finder that he hasn't pulled, so who knows.

I don't think he meant it to be seasonal.

With his caches, you always have to wonder what his mind game is, and if you don't figure out the hoop he wants you to jump through, he'll freak out and start yelling, delete logs, or archive his caches.

Last week, I found one of his offset caches on which I had previously had a DNF because he tried to do it with metric units, and he had got the decimal wrong, and the bearing too. When I pointed it out to him, he threw a fit, archived the cache, deleted some of the notes and DNFs (including a long and beautiful account of a failed hunt written by someone else), left the container as geolitter, and told me in a private message that *I* should go out and get it (it's nowhere near my home). Go figure.

Another time he put the solution of a puzzle inside his Find log on a puzzle cache, spoiling it for future finders. I noticed it, because I had that cache on my watch list. I asked him to change his log entry, and the cache owner himself (more diplomatically) said he wouldn't delete the log but stated that giving the solution in the log was inappropriate, but he just wouldn't care. Diplomacy is lost on that guy.

'Temperamental' is a very polite way to put it. So I'm not surprised that he pulled the cache you mentioned, just because only you went hunt it in the season he had hoped it would be hunted.

I have three OTF's, and they were all hidden by the same person, at roughly the same time. GCHXZ7, GCHWTK, and GCHV7H are all crypto caches. Since the cache page coords can't be correct, the hider picked an arbitrary set of coords. The problem is that the coords he picked are almost 100 miles from the actual caches. Because of this, the caches don't show up in a normal zip code search. There was quite a bit of stir from the locals when the caches first appeared, and I got several requests for assistance. Since then, it appears that everyone has just stopped trying, since the caches aren't staring them in the face every time they do a search... I tried asking the hider to change his cache page coords, but no dice as yet.

My son (11) & I got an OTF on Jacinto Box 105. It had been there for 6 months before we went after it, and it's been another 6 months since we found it. However, I'm pretty sure it's still there, it's just that it's a fairly strenuous hike; 2.5 miles one way and an elevation gain of 2500 ft, with no other caches in the immediate area. We're planning on stopping by it again in July when we make an 11 mile hike from the Palm Springs Tramway to the top of Mt. San Jacinto and then down into Pine Cove. We'll be snagging 6 caches along the way (hopefully), including that one.