Suggestions For Games/unusual Caches For An Event

One of my groups is planning an event and we need to set up some games or unusual caches for the picnic. Any ideas or suggestions of event caches you've done or heard of that you really liked? I'd like to help out with this part but I'm fairly new to all this. I have only been to one event to date.

(Mods...not sure where I should have posted this. Please move if necessary.)

At the most recent tri-go event here in Pittsburgh, Team VaxCave put on three fun games, one of which I'd never seen before.

1. Time trial - cache .25 miles away with a letterbox stamp. Contest to see who can run to the cache, stamp their scoresheet and return to the picnic pavilion in the fastest time.

2. Who's Closest - a waypoint is carefully marked in a field and then everyone tries to navigate as close to zero as possible. Closest to the actual spot waypointed by the organizer is the winner.

3. Geocaching Bingo - my new favorite: The organizer made a big grid with 25 squares each containing a statement like:

Uses a Magellan

Not on their first GPS

Has found more than 50 travel bugs

Has found more than 500 caches

Has been detained by the authorities while caching

Has found caches in two countries

[etc.]

After the sheets are handed out, everyone runs around the picnic pavilion asking everyone else which squares they "fit" and you get each geocacher to sign just one square on your bingo card. First person to fill their entire card wins. The secret is strategy: Don't have the only person at the event with more than 500 finds sign the square for "uses a Garmin." This game was a lot of fun because it forced you to talk to everyone else at the event.

At the OK geocachers events, we have two games that we've played for 3 events (2 fall, 1 spring). The fourth event is May 15. Look on the calendar page for the Oklahoma "Spring Fling" for details.

Hide and Seek. Everyone shows up with a cache and stashes it. Finders rate them all on originality, contents, etc. Highest points get prizes. We try to outdo each other on crazy and interesting containers.

Gather you wits. One person put out a number of caches that can only be found in sequence by answering relevant questions. I've done a version of this game the last three years at Christmas for my family. It's a popular activity with everyone.

-E