Celebrity Geocachers

Well, we need to think which celebs would make good cachers. They'd need to like hiding things (Any Politician?) as well as finding things (Jeremy Paxman?) and have an Internet connection (Leslie Grantham perhaps?) as well as a mild aroma of the geek about them (Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean?) and the spare time to get out caching (Ron Atkinson?)

The only person I can think of who might fit the bill is...um... No, it's gone. Sorry.

SP :ph34r:

Let's face it how many celebrities become addicted to something like Geocaching? Its usually just drugs and alcohol man....... :ph34r:

P.S. I ain't getting onto the geek thing again ALRIGHT! (sorry need to get meself booked in for some therapy - DAMMIT)

Edited by The Hokesters

Hi I'm Paul Young,

Geocaching has been a real inspiration to me. "Love of a Common People" relflects my enjoyment of joining in with the caching community all following a common purpose. I particularly enjoy high caches and after a climb up a steep hill off comes the Geocaching cap whilst I attend to the cache hence "Wherever I Lay My Hat". Travel Bug hunting provides a further drive to my caching and when I grab one I always sing to it "Come Back and Stay" as I take it back home with me. I get out as often as possible caching and "Every Time You Go Away" is a tribute to my family who usually stay at home awaiting my safe return.

It's a pleasure sharing Geocaching with you all.

Thank you!

Yep, Wil Wheaton, he of Star Trek fame, is a geocacher. The thread above says more.

Groundskeeper Willie is his ID...

Is that a Tricorder, or a GPS? :)

Actually, Wil has branched out into various interesting things since his Trek days.

He runs quite a good web log (blog), and he is now a radio reporter too. I last heard him working as a BBC reporter on the Califonia governor elections. He really knows his stuff, as a political pundit and I was very impressed with his ability to hold an interview/round-table discussion and control it properly.

Obviously the BBC were too, otherwise they wouldn't have employed him. I heard him on the World Service, Radio 4 and Radio 5live.

I guess he does similar stuff for local stations over there too.

to the hokesters

kate was heading for a cache as we were coming down...we are on nodding terms coz we met her on MUull before....Jimmy has (dont you just love the name dropping bit JIMMY) has a house near the meeting of the three waters and wanted to know what we were up to.......he was actually helping us out in the knowledge that there aint know mobile coverage in this part of the Glen then he realised wht we were up to and we had a long natter. Seemingly he was introduced to the sport about five years ago.

to the hokesters

kate was heading for a cache as we were coming down...we are on nodding terms coz we met her on MUull before....Jimmy has (dont you just love the name dropping bit JIMMY) has a house near the meeting of the three waters and wanted to know what we were up to.......

Thats pretty cool. I suppose if you go for the remote caches it is something that you can do without seeing another soul and for someone like Kate Winslet that has to be a blessing sometimes.

What GPSr did she have :)

Edited by The Hokesters

I'm going to look really naive now (gullible?). You are all joking about Jimmy Saville and Kate Winslet being geocachers aren't you?

If not, maybe I could finally get a Jim'll Fixit Badge if I look in the right place...

Are you all laughing at me now?

Ahem.......I've had my magellan for seven years.!

Sure the sport as we know it was going on ...however, threre were little cache hunts organised throughout the US....and europe.

Anywya who cares! If you're passing through Glencoe. Stop at the meeting of the three waters ...anytime midweek between 06.30 and 08.30 and you'll meet Mr Saville yourself. Cant promise Kate will be there though. (I normally run into her on MULL.)

So There.

:lol::bad::o

ps Graeme Souness is also a geocacher...and I'm not telling you his moniker but hes on the forum. :o

My name is Klaus Augenthaler.

After appearances in the 1986 and 1990 World Cup Finals I retired the following season and began geocaching three years ago.

Herr Gascoigne may remember me from Turin...

He did not cry because he was disappointed, it was because I called him a 'big smelly poo-head'.

Herr Augenthaler

Edited by klaus23

well... as football is being rubbed in now I'll have to take a stance B)

Leaving Germany aside (who managed to win two more World Cups and appear in more than just one Final) I point The Hokesters at this man:

Mr. Ray Houghton

349.jpg

'nuff said