60cs Case

I looked around and saw others who had posted cases for the 60c /cs but none seemed to be what i was looking for.

Does anyone have any insight on a case for the 60cs that will allow me to leave it in the case and still use the gps. I am upgrading from a etrex legend (which I loved by the way) that had a case available for it that let me use it in the case.

See the following link....

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10314%2D00

Anything available for the 60cs like this, it was really great to keep it protected but keep it handy for use at the same time.

Thanks,

kgag.

I too have upgraded from the Legend to the 60c. I was looking for a case but have not found one yet. Unless you can find a cell phone case and maybe modify it a bit. I have found these screen protectors Thread Link Under my comment there is a link. They are cheap and I cut it to fit the screen. No worries abou scratching the screen :ph34r:

Fire Eater

Thanks for the couple of posts, rogue_monkey I am in the US but I would like to find some more info out about the lebaron site, maybe a more specific link. I looked around and could not find the case in question.

Thanks in advance

kgag.

For those looking for a neoprene case that has a clear window in front that will fit the 60c and 60cs. I purchased the neoprene case for the Magellan Sportrack this past weekend and it is very nearly a perfect fit. For those looking for something a little stiffer but no window, try the Niteize product. I own several of these including one for my 60cs, eTrex Vista, and cell phone. Good luck and "Lets Go Geocaching!" ;)

From The GPS Store Under $10.

I like case - does it allow access to the button and lanyard loop hole? I am still undecided which of the two I use to carry it around my neck so access to those two rear options are a must for me...

They don't have a 'rear side' picture on their site - please enlighten me...

Edited by geobernd
Thanks, I bought that case and like it alot! B)

does it leave the notch in the bottom of the 60 open? i use the garmin auto mount and would like to be able to use it in the case.

Yes it does. I also leaves open a small hole for the round belt clip knob. The fit is tight but the color screen still looks great.

- John

Thanks, I bought that case and like it alot! :huh:

does it leave the notch in the bottom of the 60 open? i use the garmin auto mount and would like to be able to use it in the case.

Yes it does. I also leaves open a small hole for the round belt clip knob. The fit is tight but the color screen still looks great.

Garmin has introduced a new case for the 60's and it is listed on the accessories page of their website. It is almost twice the price of their zipup black bag case so it just might be a form-fitted case with clear panel etc. Here are the part numbers listed for cases on the 60 accessories page.

010-10117-02

010-10578-00

Unfortunately there is no picture for the new case yet so that leaves me guessing...

Hi Guys,

Just a small warning. I have the BE130 Sharkskin case and think it is a great case, but don't try to use it with your automotive mount bracket. There is no notch at the bottom of this case to use it with the auto mount so I made one by cutting a hole.

It fit but was pretty tight and worked fine for awhile. Last night, however, the auto mount cracked and broke at the top where the belt clip button hooks under the auto mount hole.

Basically there is too much material (neoprene) between the back of the 60CS and the auto mount and puts too much stress on the mount. This my own fault for trying to use the case with the auto mount and I only post here hoping to prevent someone else from breaking their auto mount. :unsure:

Hindsight being 20/20 and all that, I imagine that any case that has material between the 60CS and the auto mount bracket would eventually break the auto mount as mine did. The bracket is designed to be a tight fit to the GPSr and doesn't allow for something to be "in the way". :rolleyes:

Anyone know of a good source (read "inexpensive") for the auto mount bracket itself?

BradW0807

I received my BE130 Sharkskin case yesterday. I'm not trying to be negative, it's a nice case, but operating the buttons through the plastic covering just doesn't work well for me. I think I'll take a look at the plastic film that's available at Radio shack and try to cover just the display. :rolleyes:

Simply cut away the clear plastic that covers the buttons but leave it where it covers the display.

10 billion cell phone cases, the larger ones will hold the 60CS. Most of them will let the antanea stick up.

Yes and no,

Out in the world are millions of cell phone cases. I'm sure in that stack are a few that would fit a gps the size of the 60's. However to fit a gps that size it would have to be a massive phone that has become somewhat of a dinosaur in this day and age.

(Actually, I work for a cell phone store that has tons of cases)

I have tried to find a good case for my gecko, legend, and 60cs.

The only one that fot was a nokia 3595 case on the gecko. everything else was no-go

Joe Smith

I use a Pocket PC screen protector to cover my 60cs screen. I cut it to size, and have had it on the 60cs for over 6 months with no issues. Just another options for those that want some type of screen protection. The PPC screen protector is made by Fellows and I purchased it at CompUSA.

I just bought the Gilsson MAP 60C case from GPSgeek.com for "Koikeeper". I did a buy-it-now on E-Bay and got it cheaper in price and shipping than on the gpsgeek.com web site. WOW! :laughing: 30 minutes later got an E-mail saying it was in the mail. GREAT service!

:laughing: Impala Bob.... Always lurking!