Easygps

Downloaded the EasyGPS software. Downloaded a number of waypoints to the desktop. I double clicked the waypoints and EasyGPS opens with the following error message: The file you have selected cannot be opened with EasyGPS.

Please visit http://www.topografix.com for information on our other products. I notice the downloaded waypoint are ASPX files. I have a Magellan Sportrak Map if that makes any difference. My OS is Windows ME. Can anyone help me?

quest4cache

Ok, I changed the downloaded file from Geocaching.com to a .loc file. (Don't know why I should have to change this). I double click this file and EasyGPS opens with this file at the very top. No information is in the fields (symbol, description, waypoint etc) What am I doing wrong?

quest4cache

Try loggin in, going to the geocaching.com cache search page, enter a zip code as normal and you should see a list of caches. Click the check box on the FAR RIGHT next to one of the caches, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page - there should be a button saying "Download Waypoints". Click that, and you should get a dialog box asking where you want to save the .loc file. Save it where you want and open it with EasyGPS. If it works, and you want a whole page of caches, note that there is a button labeled "Check All" on the cache website listing page. That simply checks all the caches on that page. Simply click it, then click "download waypoints" as before, and you should have the whole page listing in one file.

It would appear that you previously actually downloaded a WEB PAGE, not a .loc file. Renaming the file you previously downloaded would do nothing for you.

Good luck!

i too have had much trouble with gps stuff on my windows me computer.

after my colibri (czech military gps) software would crash my machine every time i used it i invested in windows xp pro.

also i could not use the scanner or my secretary's printer, or my

now everything works perfectly. my cd player has also become a cd burner. had no idea!!!

expect lots of problems with everyting in win me.

none of your software or new toys will ever work properly and microsoft has given up on trying to support it.

** if you think you cannot afford the upgrade to win xp, just figure your time worth 1/2 minimum wage and log all your frusterated hours. soon you will be well in the right to appropriate a copy.

****if you do decide to go xp, the drivers for onboard modems for proprietary computers like compaq and dell and sony are not always in the xp oem. so go to the site for your computer manufacturer and look at the download page and get the modem drivers prior to the reload so you can get back on the net afte the reload. - if your computer is pretty standard it should work on the fly. (i had to get the modem drivers from sony)

Just found out the problem I am having is my ISP (MSN). I used IE to download the waypoints and I had no problem opening them up. But, when I use MSN to download it has the file to download, open or download later named as an .aspx file. I am on hold right now with MSN tech support so will let you know if they can fix this problem. Anyone else have a problem downloading with MSN ?

quest4cache

.aspx files are the cache page, which you cannot open in EasyGPS. You need to click on the "download waypoint" link, DO NOT use file-save or anything simmilar. The entire website uses .aspx files in place of the traditional .htm. You have been trying to download the cache page, which you CANNOT do, if you want it to be usefull. Hope this helps

Wildearth, I am downloading the link and not the web page. MSN download manager does not recognize .aspx formats. After spending 2 hours on the phone with MSN "tech" support their solution is for me to use IE when visiting this site.

Thanks for the quick responses but now it is time to play with the GSAK software I just installed.

quest4cache.