Jeep Travel Bug Distribution

As many of you have read there is a large Jeep Promotion that has started.

There is a Jeep Contest thread in 'Geocaching Topics' where you may ask questions and get answers. This thread is not for that purpose.

Groundspeak will be distributing 4,000 Yellow die-cast Jeep Wranglers around the country. Using Local/State/Regional Organizations is easiest way to distribute the Jeep TB's around the USA.

If you are a leader for a geocaching organization or geocaching based social group please email jeep@geocaching.com with your name, the organization you represent and a shipping address. We are collecting this information now so we are ready to ship packages of approximately 50-60 Jeep TB's June 1st.

The number you receive will be dependent on a few factors but most groups requesting TB's will receive a shipment. We would like to send TB's to all 50 states, although some due to your state laws will not be eligible to win prizes. Please only request TB's if you are willing to distribute them to cachers in your area.

There will be 1000 TB's available for individuals, please do not send us those requests at this time.

Actually MITW, I did request JEEP TBs for WV and/or OH/KY for our non-organized group here in WV. Never received a response back. Does that mean we are not worthy?  :o

Chomping at the bit aren't you MITW?! :P

CHOMP!

:back:

You may not have gotten a response, but they must have gotten your request. I do see that West Virginia is down for a shipment.

:lol:

mtn-man:

We both got a reply from Keystone recently. The WV shipment is going to the OH/KY/WV group. I'm hoping a good number of those make it to WV. I haven't heard anything about their plans, but I will contact them to see if we can help with distribution here. Either way, we've been going to OH and KY a lot for caching lately--we can bring them into WV one Jeep at a time if we have to.

I've been watching this thread a bit and I've been wanting to say it from the beginning...

Get in Touch with your State, Regional, or Local Geocaching group. If one exists, find out where they plan to release any YJTBs they might have gotten. There probably is one. If there isn't (and you've checked three or more times...) get started on organizing a group.

We're releasing 10 tonight at our COG Cache & Coffee in a raffle. Come on over if you can make it. The more the merrier.

I contacted our local approver, *gln, to see about any YJTBs coming to Kansas. He says 40 of them were sent to Kansas, but has no idea who they were sent to or where. As far as I know, there aren't any "active" organizations around, except for possibly in the KC area, which is over 200 miles from me, and 400 miles from cachers in the west end of the state. How can I find out who got them? I'd like to help spread them across the state, but I'm afraid that all 40 will be dumped in one local area and nobody else in the state will see any for a long, long, long time.

Sparky-Watts - I am in a far more remote area - NW Kansas! I was hoping to get some yellow jeep travel bugs in this area too to place but it is much further for me to any geocaching group! Kansas City is 6 hours away and Denver is 5 1/2 hours. I am really doubting that I will see a yellow jeep travel bug in the area. I was hoping to be able to place some yellow jeeps in the area - especially at the Mingo cache which is the oldest cache in existance and less than 30 miles from me!

I do know that the Kansas City group is having an event this saturday so I am wondering if they will have the yellow jeeps there? A couple of weeks ago when I looked at the event page, there was not any mention of yellow jeeps at this event (yet).

Hydee any chance that we can request some yellow jeeps or do you know when individuals will be able to request jeeps off the website?

Sparky-Watts - I am in a far more remote area - NW Kansas!

Hydee any chance that we can request some yellow jeeps or do you know when individuals will be able to request jeeps off the website?

Ouch!! Sorry to hear that!! For some reason, I was under the impression you were from the Olathe/KC area. Don't know where I got that from. :lol:

Hydee? Any chance of getting TB's out past the populated area of KC? Wichita has a huge caching community, and is actually the biggest city in Kansas. It would make a great hub for distribution, considering it's pretty well centered in the state.

For some reason, I was under the impression you were from the Olathe/KC area. Don't know where I got that from.

I have family in the KC area so some of the first caches I hit were in the KC area! Also when I started, I asked about some easy kid caches in the KC area. Yes I would love to see some jeeps get started in the less populated areas of the USA. It would make a reason for some cachers to visit less populated areas for the jeep TBs!