Feature Request

nonnipoppy

We try to enjoy caching even when we fail to find the cache. Other locals do the same. Often times the DNF logs are the most enjoyable to read. How about an option in the stats that show the DNFs? That way I can keep up with their caching.

Only problem I see is that people do not log their DNFs. I have gotten several E-mails on one of my caches saying it was missing. It never is, they just DNF untill I practically TELL them where it is. But they don't log the DNF.

So, IMHO, this feature would be of little use in practice. :mad:

Only problem I see is that people do not log their DNFs.  I have gotten several E-mails on one of my caches saying it was missing.  It never is, they just DNF untill I practically TELL them where it is.  But they don't log the DNF.

You are sure right about that.

One of the many things I have learned is that others are going to do

as they want. I can't control that. This would only be usable for cachers that use the DNF log as I think it was designed for. That includes most of the locals I want to follow.

Some people don't post DNF because they want to have a perfect record. Others don't post their finds because they don't want someone else keeping track.

Lighten up Francis! It's just a game!

Exactly! Each person plays there own game. All I would like to do is keep track of local cachers who play as I do. If someone does not log DNF that is the game they play. I do not care about them (for this purpose) or the stats the choose to avoid.

Still seems like a stats game. I don't particularly care to have ANYONE (outside of Groundspeak) keeping track of any of my stats, thank you.

I don't really care for detailed stats either, what I want I keep on my own. My request for them was more for the sometimes entertaining value of reading them.

Some people don't post DNF because they want to have a perfect record. Others don't post their finds because they don't want someone else keeping track.

Exactly! Each person plays there own game. All I would like to do is keep track of local cachers who play as I do. If someone does not log DNF that is the game they play. I do not care about them (for this purpose) or the stats the choose to avoid.

The ones that don't log their finds sure won't get the award at my next event :ph34r:

The ones that don't log their finds sure won't get the award at my next event :P

ummmmmmm isnt this your FIRST event?????

I do log my DNF's, my F's and notes. It is what I use to keep track of where I have been. But it kinda irks me that someone else has to compare themselves to me.

If this gets implemented, it had better be opt-IN, period. If it isn't, I'm not logging online anymore. I'll email the cache hider with my log out of respect for them, but that would be it. Leave me be.

The ones that don't log their finds sure won't get the award at my next event :P

ummmmmmm isnt this your FIRST event?????

Wouldn't that make it next? :P

Actually, I was referring to the event I will host after my first event.

Edited by Team GPSaxophone