Help Us Plan Our Route!

I may be hitting the road soon. Before I do we are planning a caching vacation. We're going to try to get to 1,000 caches by the end. We're almost at 600 now. We're researching density of major cities etc. etc. as part of our route planning.

We would like to hear from cachers from North America on recommended outstanding caches across the country. We're looking for the really really great caches, like "Spinning Wheel" in Rowlett, Texas.

We'll find many caches along our route. What we're looking for here is, "Oh, you gotta try ABC cache in Idaho, it's got a bazillion visits and you have to operate a tiny rocket ship time machine to do the cache." - type caches. We're thinking, generally, West, maybe Colorado, California, Idaho, Utah, hey, whatever, maybe even *gasp* Oklahoma, Illinois, or Missouri.

BTW we'll be starting from near Dallas, Texas. This topic was also posted on TexasGeocaching.com but we are reaching out to the great Western US and all the great cachers out there to recommend their favorite cache. We'll plan our route accordingly.

Our swan song? Hardly. We'll still be blitzing your area soon along with the other Three Hour Tourists, the Akulakats and the SandBassers. During the week, though, (best Robin Leach voice) it'll be exotic who-knows-where caches for astrojr1, and tons-o-caching-with-the-girls for the GGGal.

Suggestions, anyone?

From some of the pics I've seen, if you want some really outstanding scenery in addition to great caches, head to the pacific NW.

now, I'm not knocking the south (where I am), or maybe I'm tired of the scenery around here... but that's where I'd go if I had the time.

I was very happy with the Colorado caches that I found going up the Poudre Canyon and over Cameron pass (West from Ft. Collins). There are a good number of caches in the canyon. A few are quick and easy, a few involve a short hike and some are several mile hikes. Elevation gain on them varies. It is also a beautiful area.

In california, TMA-1 is from what I understand really good I hope to hit it next month with acouple of people. Or if you pass near marin you could stop in on Huff'in and Puff'in by Forman. It really confused me the first try.

Thought i would try and help!,

Ficky

In california, TMA-1 is from what I understand really good I hope to hit it next month with acouple of people. Or if you pass near marin you could stop in on Huff'in and Puff'in by Forman. It really confused me the first try.

Ficky

Ficky

I've not done any of the caches in the Columbia Gorge, I84 east of Portland OR, and it is in my backyard. Partly due to the fact that the scenery is too breath taking, I see and learn something new everytime I go out there. One that is on my list in that area is The Pipeline*, it has had some great logs and pictures.

Another Portland area cache of interest would be ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE, the place all this madness started.

Edited by Laserman