Boobytrapping?

kone

Are there any known cases of someone boobytrapping a cache or surrounding area with intention to harm?

I've never heard of it, and I certainly hope not. Just curious - why do you ask?

There is a fun "boobytrap" cache in my area. The container is a small screw-top metal canister. When the finder opens the canister a spring-loaded snake jumps out. Most finders seem to enjoy the surprise.

I only ask because I heard somebody mentioning that geocaching will be shut down when the first person gets injured opening a boobytrapped cache... and I was just wondering if that has already happened or not.

I like girls, I like them a lot....

Are you feeling some sort of "out of place" emotions that you are trying to quell here or what ?

Sounds like you may be trying to convince us a little TOO hard there Crimie. <_<

Just taking a break here at work and saw that Kone had brought up boobys. Now that's all I can think of! (but that's not a bad thing so, thanks Kone!) :ph34r:

or surrounding area with intention to harm?

Sure, We had a guy come through rural Iowa placing bombs in mailboxes and several people were injuried. Most of us opened our boxes with a 20 foot rope.

Now I don't even think twice about getting the mail.

My point is that there is nothing about Geocaching that makes it more or less susceptible to tampering then anything else we come in contact with in our daily lives. I could even debate that it is less likely than many other activities. The problem is thinking that the worst case scenario is our biggest fear.

Edit: quoted myself, somehow

Edited by Elf Danach

Are you feeling some sort of "out of place" emotions that you are trying to quell here or what ?

Sounds like you may be trying to convince us a little TOO hard there Crimie. <_<

you know, i've never met criminal. but he seems pretty predictable to me. i do not have any trouble following his sudden jumps of topic to girls and their various body parts. i just figure it's like his sudden jumps on girls and their various body parts. i would assume. probably.

No traps. Free them. Free them all.

Wow. Can you imagine the number of car wrecks for awhile ?

Officer: Ok, what happened ?

Me: I was driving.....and then I saw... THEM !!

Officer: Perfectly understandable. Your free to go. But, you might want to quit driving near the college when the girls track team is practicing.

Sounds like you may be trying to convince us a little TOO hard there Crimie. :mad:

Just taking a break here at work and saw that Kone had brought up boobys. Now that's all I can think of! (but that's not a bad thing so, thanks Kone!) :(

May the 'Boobie Bug' smile on you...

1d20b7e8-71ee-4701-9e5f-0001575e3bb5.jpg

:mad:

editited

one of the oldfarts

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

So I found my first cache yesterday but unfortunately it seems it had been plundered as it only contained a white powder with a note that said something like "now you have ant tracks". any idea what that would mean? oh well, i'll try again this weekend, as soon I get over this sudden sickness i got.

Are there any known cases of someone boobytrapping a cache or surrounding area with intention to harm?

We haven't had this problem in our area.

Do you need a permit to trap boobies?

Yes, but only if they are blue

Is there a limit

2 at a time, unless otherwise noted

Is there a season?

Yes: January 1st thru December 31st

What do you use for bait?

Good looks, charm and an IQ. If you are lacking these you may want to try getting a really nice car.

What type of traps do you use?

Little bits'o'cloth

:P:P:P:P

Edited by cache_us_if_you_can