Travel Bug Prison

evilcacher

Be sure to answer this one still, please:

Would it be worse or better if he simply posts "found this TB but can't help it to its goal any better than putting it in my cache for someone else to move it further! good luck, little guy" and then putting it in a 5/5 in a river island's tree?

In other words, if everything about his taking these bugs looked just like a "normal" bug move, if the name of his cache on the island was "sinking cow cache" or something funny instead of instigatory, if he still intended on filling his cache with area TBs but did it in a way that was no more affrontive than a normal cache move....if all of that were to be true, then is what he's done wrong?

People take TBs all the time simply to get the latest TB in their area. They may or may not forward it towards its selected "goal" depending on effort, time, and interest restraints. Is the offense here that he came out and told you his exact intentions or that he put TBs in a difficult cache? I think too many people buy into the hype and then get hysterical that they've been whipped into a frenzy. If he were more subtle, the most that might have happened is someone posting "man, pray this guy doesn't find your TB because it takes a while to get picked up from the place he usually drops them off at" and nobody would have thought twice about it.

Not sure about the gift connection, TB's aren't gifts. Now if I brought someone a gift and they pounded it with a hammer, chances are pretty good I wouldn’t be getting them anything again in the near future.

I guess the argument is that taking TB’s out of circulation is OK. Thanks for letting me know I’m over-reacting.

Be sure to answer this one still, please:

Would it be worse or better if he simply posts "found this TB but can't help it to its goal any better than putting it in my cache for someone else to move it further! good luck, little guy" and then putting it in a 5/5 in a river island's tree?

In other words, if everything about his taking these bugs looked just like a "normal" bug move, if the name of his cache on the island was "sinking cow cache" or something funny instead of instigatory, if he still intended on filling his cache with area TBs but did it in a way that was no more affrontive than a normal cache move....if all of that were to be true, then is what he's done wrong?

People take TBs all the time simply to get the latest TB in their area.  They may or may not forward it towards its selected "goal" depending on effort, time, and interest restraints.  Is the offense here that he came out and told you his exact intentions or that he put TBs in a difficult cache?  I think too many people buy into the hype and then get hysterical that they've been whipped into a frenzy.  If he were more subtle, the most that might have happened is someone posting "man, pray this guy doesn't find your TB because it takes a while to get picked up from the place he usually drops them off at" and nobody would have thought twice about it.

Now we're getting in sync.

I’ll quote myself from the early posting.

I don’t think imprisoning travel bugs is the real purpose of the cache. I think this has more to do with getting attention.

My horse is dead so I'm moving on.

See Ya!

Edited by Elf Danach
The padlock is there so that NON-GEOCACHERS dont get into it.  The combination is easy enough to get if you read the WHOLE page

The padlock might make it worse than if no lock was on it.

If a non cacher comes across it they will either:

A. Break the lock and possibly destroy the container in the process

B. Call the CIA/FBI thinking the container may hold some kind of anthrax or something.

C. Call the cops thinking it may be some drug dropoff.

That may sound silly but in these times I could see that as something possible. A non cacher would think why is this locked box in the middle of no where?

Edited by Eric K

Being a newbie, I have spent a week or so browsing thru the forum posts, getting a feel for others adventures . . . what to watch out for, what is accepted, etc. I have learned a lot from others mistakes and advice, especially when it comes to using my GPS unit. I have read opinion upon opinion, taken what I could from what I agree with, and left what I might not agree with for someone else (hmmm, much like caching). But I am absolutely appalled at the amount of anger and obscenity that some of these posts escalate to.

I have read personal threats, seen more stars (edit marks) than a clear night in Yosemite, and have secretly hoped that I NEVER run into some people on the hunt. What a wonderful world I have encountered!

Personally, I think I'll spend my energy caching and leave the forums to the more finger-active (no pun intended) than leg-active.

Personally, I think I'll spend my energy caching and leave the forums to the more finger-active (no pun intended) than leg-active.

Personally it seems like you fit right in, parting shots and all.

Would someone close this thread please?

Edited by Elf Danach

:rolleyes:

Now you aren't possibly going to deny being a troll this time, are you?

Im not trolling. I am just announcing the newest branch of the Infamous Travel Bug Prision series. Since I had to move and signed over the Oklahoma Branch of the prision to my deputy, I just had to create a new branch here in the great state of Michigan.

Annoucing the Infamous Travel Bug Prision Michigan Branch. Where Travel bugs are rehabilitated and corrected.

I.T.B.P. Michigan Branch

Edited by evilcacher

Same as usual, you need the attention.

Why don’t you hide your caches and stay out of the trolling business.

well, the definition of a troll is as follows,

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.

I have not intentionally tried to disrupt, by innflammatory remarks, (unlike other here toward me) gone off topic (I started this topic!) and I dont think it has ever been inappropriate since the title is about travel bug prisions. LOL...I am just excited to start another unique cache like others in this forum and share it with everyone. This time prisoner transfers are possible! Now thats exciting!

75f41dcb-848c-46f3-b878-6be4543de0eb.jpg

Just quoting the very first reply to this thread.

If you look in this guys profile, and click on "all forum posts by this luser" oops, I mean user, in his 44 posts, probably 35 of them are him linking to his Oklahoma Travel Bug prison. Yepper, a troll who wants attention. So I guess I should stop giving it to him :rolleyes:

75f41dcb-848c-46f3-b878-6be4543de0eb.jpg

Just quoting the very first reply to this thread.

If you look in this guys profile, and click on "all forum posts by this luser" oops, I mean user, in his 44 posts, probably 35 of them are him linking to his Oklahoma Travel Bug prison. Yepper, a troll who wants attention. So I guess I should stop giving it to him :rolleyes:

B)