hachie hound wooden coins?

Reid Cruzers

I would guess it's a signiture item made and left by one of the previous visitors, probably those who visited on Sept. 14, according to the logs.

We leave wooden coins with our avatar on them as well.

If you still want information you can e-mail questions to the group them through thier profile.

Get more info on geo-tokens and coins at http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geocoins/index.html

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"

Yeah if it was wooden then most likely the Hatchie Hounds made them from blank wooden nickels and a stamp or brand of some sort. Geovamp out of Dallas make his own wooden geocoins as well and so can you! Yes those are signature items and if left in a cache they are free for the taking. Many people even go around collecting other people's signature items.

As for me I collect geocoins. So far I've found 5 different geocoins that can be bought. Those would be:

Texas Geocoins

Canadian Geocoins

US Geocoins

Green Man Geocoins

Joy of Geocaching Coins

Other geocachers have actually minted their own coins but those are the only ones the public can actually buy. The link cool_and_the_gang is an extensive list of all the known geocoins and the 5 I listed have links on that page as well.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

We make very simple Geo-Tokens. Our avatar is one side of it. Both sides can be viewed at a larger size at Fisur's awesome collection.

Our methods are really low tech: We designed the graphics and print them off of our printer, cut them out and glue them to wooden nickle blanks which you can get just about anywhere.

Over that we apply several layers of decopage sealer (remember that from the 70's?, I think it is really thick white glue). After the glue cures for a week it gets 2 coats of paste type furniture wax.

They are pretty cool looking and hold up pretty well, I think, but probably not as well as one cast in metal. That is why we don't call them 'coins'.

Search the forums for Geo-Coins and Geo-Tokens. I recall seeing some good links in there somewhere.

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"

quote:
The link cool_and_the_gang is an extensive list of all the known geocoins and the 5 I listed have links on that page as well.

Not quite all of the known ones. Our team has some in circulation now. Several cachers have them and so far, they have been well received. One of ours, I believe, is imbedded in the cement of the first geocache plaque.

We had a couple of stamps made up with our team name. You can have a stamp made of your team logo or carve one yourself. You can buy the wooden blanks and the sealer at any craft store.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898