Jeep Contest

what is the point of looking for as many YJTBs as you can find?? Or am I missing something ??

There really is no purpose, you find one, submit a picture or essay, and after that, it's just sort of like finding a cache, or a normal travel bug, there is no purpose to finding more unless you're a number hungry person.

I'm not the kind of guy who goes after a cache specifically because it has a YJTB or even a normal TB, but if there's one in there, I take it...

what is the point of looking for as many YJTBs as you can find?? Or am I missing something ??

There really is no purpose, you find one, submit a picture or essay, and after that, it's just sort of like finding a cache, or a normal travel bug, there is no purpose to finding more unless you're a number hungry person.

I'm not the kind of guy who goes after a cache specifically because it has a YJTB or even a normal TB, but if there's one in there, I take it...

Ok....gotcha.....

I have to admit I was pretty psyched about getting my first YJTB and even my second and third...but had I known that I would have no benefit of multiple YJTBs I would have left them in the caches for someone who hasnt had a chance yet.....

I guess I'll pass on grabbing them in the future....

They really should spell that out a little for idjuts like me.... :blink:

---edit ---- After thinking on this a bit I guess the point would be to find a different YJTB, one each epriod and submit a different picture for it.....Or, take 6 different pictures when you find ONE YJTB and submit THOSE, one each period....

shadango

Edited by shadango

Well, I sent an email over 16 days ago just hours after Jeremy said it was time to ask, and I have heard that some on this forum have received some in the mail but so far, nothing even close to a little yellow jeep has entered my mailbox. I feel so left out. Only two have passed within 30 miles of me and I did get to touch one once but the holder wouldnt let go so I still keep hoping. Each day I ask if the mail man has brought me a package. When can we give up hope Jeremy? Have they all gone out?

I too, sent my E-mail on the same day & have not recieved a YJTB. So, yersterday, I sent another E-mail asking the same question that you have just asked....

Maybe, we are not 'hard-core cachers'? or we do not live close enough to large populated areas? or we just did not get lucky enough to get one before they ran out :)

If you get one, let me know there is still hope. :o

Shirley~

Did you include your mailing address and a self-addressed-stamped-envelope in your email? :o

I even said please, and thank you in advance. Still no yellow jeeps today in the mail. Hopefully Jeremy will at least tell us when we can give up hope.

I Just recieved an E-Mail that my YJTB has been shipped!!! It should be in my mail shortly! There is still hope for you Riddlers. If you do not hear anything soon, then send another E-Mail in to ask again.

Thank you Nate!! :(:D

I just recieved my email as well! Since I put in my request very late, this should mean that there are YJTB's still out there for the asking!

The Jeep TBs also up your Cache find count.

So if you're a numbers person, and want more caches, then find the Jeeps.

Uh, no. Finding a Jeep Travel Bug does not increase the number of caches you have found. The asterisk that appears on the page that indicates it does add to your total is an error that has been addressed but not fixed yet.

I just logged in the jeep that I found in my mail box and it didn't up my cache count, BUT it does say I have had a jeep in my possession. That is all I wanted, I will be moving this little TB on this weekend to a new home. There aren't too many around here so I think it will be a welcome addition to the event.

I just sent in a request saying that I had just received one and would send it on its way this weekend but would be glad to start more. We will see what happens. I know that there are many places that I could drop one off and cachers would love to have a chance to get one. There has only been like three in the whole time within 75 miles of here.

Uh, no. Finding a Jeep Travel Bug does not increase the number of caches you have found. The asterisk that appears on the page that indicates it does add to your total is an error that has been addressed but not fixed yet.

Ah.. Thanks. I didn't see those posts before!

I found a Jeep 4x4 in my mailbox today...a surprise. Just when I think I have all the rules of the Jeep 4x4 down, I find this:

Gallery Images - - These user submitted photos are part of the current contest for the best Jeep 4x4 Travel Bug photo. Click on each photo to see a larger version and/or nominate it during the current entry period.

We not only can submit but we can nominate? Once I clicked on a picture I didnt see anything to do so. I would hope this would not be the case, unless some cachers are constantly frequenting the gallery to pick the best new pictures out.

Can somebody please clarify, thanks!!

Edited by Nappy10
I found a Jeep 4x4 in my mailbox today...a surprise. Just when I think I have all the rules of the Jeep 4x4 down, I find this:

Gallery Images - - These user submitted photos are part of the current contest for the best Jeep 4x4 Travel Bug photo. Click on each photo to see a larger version and/or nominate it during the current entry period.

We not only can submit but we can nominate? Once I clicked on a picture I didnt see anything to do so. I would hope this would not be the case, unless some cachers are constantly frequenting the gallery to pick the best new pictures out.

Can somebody please clarify, thanks!!

I think the nomination doesn't start until August 1st.

That's right. Nominations start August 1 and last through the 15th. We decided to do it that way so everyone will have equal chance to get nominations. Otherwise the first image uploaded will have much more of an opportunity for votes than the last one.

Four thousand Jeep TBs??? That's an awful lot.

I'd like to win another Jeep to go caching in though... As long as it's not a Liberty. :P

Cachew nut, with possibly a few exceptions being argued in the courts, no one needs permission to link to a web page. But that's not really something that needs to be debated in this thread.

The sweepstakes starts on 5/3, so I'm not going to enter until tomorrow just to be safe, it's still 2130hrs here on the left coast.

You already won a jeep? You lucky dog! :D

Maybe I miss understood but I thought none of them were to be kept as they were the property of Jeep. Maybe after the contest is over Jeep will let people keep them but I understood that we were to keep them moving so everyone had a chance to enter the contest and if you kept a jeep that ment one less chance for someone else to have one pass through their hands and have a chance to win. Isn't that right Jeremy, or have I missed why not just 4000 to 5000, but ALL of them should be kept moving.

I received YJTB #4077 (I started calling it "the M*A*S*H* Jeep :anitongue: ) a few days ago, and placed it in a new cache earlier today. The cache was approved a few hours later, and the YJTB was grabbed just about an hour after that, just before some other cachers reached it! It seems that there's still a lot of enthusiasm about finding these.

Why would you want to keep them - they are travel bugs! (We should talk, we have had ours for a month. Finally placed it today in our new cache Boys of Summer So AZ and are waiting for approval so we can move Jeep bug 0088 to his next place of destiny) Anyway. let those Jeep Bugs out so they can travel.

I think what cachers are talking about is not actually "Keeping" The yjtb but like adopting them after the promotion is done. I kinda like the idea I've received two Yjtb that I let loose into the geocache world and I have them on my watchlist, I guess I wouldn't mind adopting them but if not thats ok too.

I'M OVERWHELMED

:D Right now there are 31 pages of Jeep pix, I don't know how many essays. How can we vote intelligently?

If I waded through 31, printing out the best, then comparing....is there a way to "mark" one from each page, creating a "super Jeep page" so we can compare....I know, I'm complicating things, but we're talkin' a lot of time to vote intelligently. I like the Jeep Sunset, for one.

Hey! What can you do if you know someone has picked up a Jeep and not logged it within a reasonable time?

We went Jeep hunting this weekend and went to a cache that was supposed to have one in it. As it turned out, the Jeep had been taken over a week before and stilll remains unlogged. Like us, other folks will see it as available at that cache and it won't be there. Any ideas other than a good flogging?

:ph34r:

Will the winner of the first drawing be posted here? And if so, when would it be? The drawing is on the 15th, but then the winner is notified via mail and has to fill out various forms including a publicity release.

I hope that the winner is a geocacher!

Did that already - no response.

Here's my suggestion: wait a week or two and try again. Specify that you'd like a reply.

My wife had to nudge someone that had her only TB for two months, and she got an answer and TB drop after the second email she sent. Sometimes people are on vacation or just busy or whatever and they don't do things as perhaps they should.

If they don't respond to the second email within a week or so, I would send a third and final email. First, check under their geo-name and see if they have logged on to the site since they signed that logbook. Next, in your email mention that since they apparently not receiving your emails, you're going to post a public message to them - by name - in your regional discussion forum in the hopes that they see it. If they've logged in since they signed the log, mention that fact. Apologize ahead of time if this puts them in a negatve light to the other local cachers. :rolleyes:

If they don't answer that, go ahead and post the public appeal in the appropriate regional forum. No need to be dramatic, just state the facts and say that they've not responded to your multiple emails. That's about all you can do. Other than that flogging you mentioned...

Edited by Team Nazgul