Jeep Contest

Look at the unique icon for the TBs. It's the Jeep logo, AND I just received a Watch List notification about the status of the TBs.

[ben Kenobi]

These are the TBs you are looking for.

[/ben Kenobi]

WHEN WAS THE WATCHLIST SENT? I NEVER GOT ANYTHING!

Look at the unique icon for the TBs.  It's the Jeep logo, AND I just received a Watch List notification about the status of the TBs.

[ben Kenobi]

[/ben Kenobi]

I received my watchlist notification at 9:38 pm central time.

QUOTE (MREAGLEWO1 @ Jun 1 2004, 07:09 PM)

QUOTE (Brian - Team A.I. @ Jun 1 2004, 10:43 PM)

Look at the unique icon for the TBs.  It's the Jeep logo, AND I just received a Watch List notification about the status of the TBs.

[ben Kenobi]

[/ben Kenobi] 

I know this should be easy but im missing something. How do i set up a watchlist for these TBs? :)

QUOTE (MREAGLEWO1 @ Jun 1 2004, 07:09 PM)

QUOTE (Brian - Team A.I. @ Jun 1 2004, 10:43 PM)

[ben Kenobi]

[/ben Kenobi] 

I know this should be easy but im missing something. How do i set up a watchlist for these TBs? :)

There is only one 'Jeep 4x4 Travel Bug' that has information available.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=39356

You can 'Watch' this TB by selecting the option from that page.

There is only one 'Jeep 4x4 Travel Bug' that has information available.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=39356

You can 'Watch' this TB by selecting the option from that page.

Since the jeep is numbered 0000 and is owned by Jeremy he may just be using that one for testing. Cool Icon for it though! :-)

I'm still not clear on one thing that's been touched upon but I don't see any clear answer:

Does finding a Jeep and logging it increase your chances of winning anything?

...finding one is required to post an essay?

-Aaron

Edited by s4xton

We shipped over a thousand bugs today. Some adventurous geocachers will be placing them around the US this weekend. For the next week we'll be shipping out the next 3,000. Afterwards we'll announce information on how to have one of the last thousand shipped to you.

Does finding a Jeep and logging it increase your chances of winning anything?

As I understand it, No. (Please correct me if I'm wrong tho :D ) The travel bug "game" is mostly just for fun - although I have seen at least 3 contests within that game:

1. Best photograph

2. Best Essay

3. Helping special Jeep TB's reach goals.

I think there may be multiple winners on all of these, or monthly winners. Not sure if the #3 is still a go - but I saw Jeremy mention that DaimlerChrysler may have special goals for certain bugs.

The drawing is just that - it's totally seperate.

The TB game is mainly for 2 reasons: Fun and publicity.

I still think it's a great idea and I look forward to seeing some bugs show up nearby (I normally don't bother, I hate holding a bug for long periods of time - and I sometimes can't cache for long periods of time).

southdeltan

Edited by southdeltan
We shipped over a thousand bugs today. Some adventurous geocachers will be placing them around the US this weekend. For the next week we'll be shipping out the next 3,000. Afterwards we'll announce information on how to have one of the last thousand shipped to you.

Hey Jeremy,

Perhaps a typo???

1,000 Today

3,000 Next week

1,000 to be 'shipped to you'

5,000 Total????

I'm so excited about the contest and the travel bugs that I have found myself checking the boards a couple times per day. Jeep has accomplished getting me involved once again, even to the point of posting. This could be a problem; we still have so much to do around the house.

Jeremy, if you wouldn't mind please send a Jeep our way. I promise to take lots of pictures, write an essay, and then send it on to continue the adventure.

CAT

Hi --- I'm part of several Jeep clubs here in South Fl & would like to help you get some of those tb's out ... Let me know -- We have several members with jeep caches and tb's, including myself who are very excited about this (even though we were excluded from the Jeep giveaway)

Here is my site -- www.miamitj.com @ my email omi@miamitj.com

Hi --- I'm part of several Jeep clubs here in South Fl & would like to help you get some of those tb's out ... Let me know -- We have several members with jeep caches and tb's, including myself who are very excited about this (even though we were excluded from the Jeep giveaway)

Here is my site -- www.miamitj.com @ my email omi@miamitj.com

hey miamtj

not putting you down or anything of that means,

I remember someone saying that jeep is not allowing any florida residents winning the contests, but i am sure the tb's still can travel throughout florida. Just to let you know, not being mean...lol

have fun!

The competition is open to Florida residents. Just not the sweepstakes.

SO you mean that they can play searching them. and writing essays, photo. etc. but are not eligible to win?

Not eligible to win a jeep, yes. They can still win gear in the essay and photo contest for the TBs.

SO you mean that they can play searching them. and writing essays, photo. etc. but are not eligible to win?

Not eligible to win a jeep, yes. They can still win gear in the essay and photo contest for the TBs.

what gear would this be? is there a link to it?

what gear would this be? is there a link to it?

http://jeep.geocaching.com/contest/

The top nominated Photos and Essays will then be judged, on the same criteria, by the Geocaching Approvers Panel. One (1) Photo and one (1) Essay winner will be chosen during each period to win great Jeep gear!

Here's more in the official rules:

PRIZE: PHOTO PRIZE Six (6) (one (1) per Contest Entry Period): Assorted Jeep Gear (ARV: $45.58 each). ESSAY PRIZE Six (6) (one (1) per Contest Entry Period): Assorted Jeep Gear (ARV: $45.58 each). Total ARV of all prizes: $547.00. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or substitutable, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and expenses not identified in the Official Rules as being awarded. All prize details not described herein are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person, per email, per Geocaching Account for the entire Promotion Period.

Boy oh boy I can't wait to get my hands on a little yellow jeep. Is there a way to add all 4000 Jeep tb's on my watch list? Besides going through each one seperatly. I can't wait till we can request one, I hope I'm one of the lucky 1000 who will get a yellow jeep to pass on to a geocache. I'll try to keep track, but how do you know when there is one in your area?

I'll try to keep track, but how do you know when there is one in your area?

Go here and sign up. <_<

You might also try sorting the Advanced Search List by distance.

Nevermind - it sorts by the distance the travel bug traveled instead of by the distance of it from your registered location. Apparently you can't get a list of TB's with a particular attribute sorted by distance from your location.

Edited by Phoenix2001

Interestingly enough, when I checked the list of "Last TB logs posted" there were 3 Jeep TBs dropped off today in the SF Bay area. #s 3980,84,and 85. 5 minutes later the logs were gone. I checked the logs as mentioned above and it seems some Jeeps have been placed. Since it looks like none have been picked up and moved yet, how do u find out if there are any in your area?

Edited by Crusso
Interestingly enough, when I checked the list of "Last TB logs posted" there were 3 Jeep TBs dropped off today in the SF Bay area. #s 3980,84,and 85. 5 minutes later the logs were gone. I checked the logs as mentioned above and it seems some Jeeps have been placed. Since it looks like none have been picked up and moved yet, how do u find out if there are any in your area?

VERY good point crusso!